PDA

View Full Version : 2k com tyranids

ashnaile
04-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Hive tyrant /w Lash Whip & Bonesword, Hive Commander, Old Adversary, Thorax Swarm (larvae), Leech Essence and Psychic Scream 245
Tyranid prime /w Lashwhip & Bonsword, deathspitter 100

2x zoanthropes in mycetic spore 160
3x hive guard 150
3x hive guard 150

20x termagants /w devourers in mycetic spore 240
11x termagants 55
Tervigon /w catalyst, adrenal glands, toxin sacs, Cluster spines 195
Tervigon /w catalyst, adrenal glands, toxin sacs, Cluster spines 195
6x warriors (5x deathspitters 1x venom cannon) in mycetic spore 260

Trygon Prime /w adrenal glands 250

Hive tyrant sits on back objectives with the small gant unit, and uses hive commander to send one tervigon outflanking, which i will try to support with the drops of spores. Solo tervigons arent the most resilient thing in the world afterall, tough but not indestructable.

Other tervigon craps gants and does stuff ... lol.

Tyranid prime attaches to warriors and pods down for some shooty death, as do the devourer gants.

Between the zoanthropes podding for armor 14 and the 2 groups of hive guard i am about as set as i can be on AT.

c&c please.

Tynskel
04-28-2010, 12:41 AM
1) I like the tyrant to be a lean mean shooting machine, minus the lean, kinda impossible. If the Tyrant has 1 set of Devourers, you can shoot one Psychic power, the devourers, and the Thorax swarm (fires in addition main weapons). Really makes the Tyrant something to avoid- especially with its ability to rock in CC.

2) the only thing I worry about your list is that your Tyrant is all by itself. The old Adv makes not only the tyrant, but every thing around him really good a CC. I feel like you would be better off with ditching a Tervigon, getting a Tyrant Guard w/ Lashwhips, and a squad of ~20 hormagaunts might be better for your list.

Either that, or ditch old adv. for the gun and adding a few more gaunts.

I do think that your deep strike end of things is pretty solid.
Trygon, + fat guants + Warriors + Zoans
You do have a lot of Synapse, you could probably free up 40 points and do without the 'Prime' or free up 70 and take a Mawloc. Mawloc has some really nice flexibility. Start on board, burrow, auto come in the next turn-- combined with hive commander, this gives you a good chance of getting 3 of the 4 deep strikers in at once.

70 points could get ya this:
9 more termagants (45)
Twin Devourers on the Tyrant (15)
Two Strangle Webs in the Devourer squad (10)-- you are dropping in, and you can land close and fire 54 shots and 2 templates-- not to mention, cause pinning too!