PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitor Chimera question

Lednera
08-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi guys I know that for the most part we use the codex were we find things in unless we got a new codex for that. My question is in the Demon Hunter Codex Inquisitor Storm Troopers can take a Chimera that says it has 2 Fire Ports but in the new Imperial Guard Codex it says 5 models can shoot from it instead of 2 from the fire ports. Should I just pay the value from the Demon Hunters Codex and use that small change to the Chimera or do I need to strictly follow the fact that Inquisitor Chimeras have less Fire Ports and is more expensive then the new type of Chimera?

Xai
08-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Unless there's an updated rule on the GW website for Daemon Hunters, you should use the entry exactly as it's listed in your codex.

Lednera
08-07-2009, 04:17 PM
thanks mate, a bit of a shame i was hoping for a 5 Fire Port Chimera with the options of the Demon Hunters but thanks for your point of view on the issue.

Lednera
08-07-2009, 04:35 PM
I was just reading the fine print on Codex IG and I started to wonder, do the models inside the Chimera fire the Lasguns or can they fire the guns they are carrying? for example a sniper or a flamer?

Madjob
08-07-2009, 04:45 PM
The codex does not say anywhere that you have to fire lasguns, that is simply fluff accompanying the actual rule, which is that there are five firing points on a chimera and all measure range and sight from the hatch on top of the chimera. Any gun may fire from them, even a heavy weapons squad provided the Chimera hasn't moved.

Lednera
08-07-2009, 04:58 PM
on that note I get that a Heavy Weapon embarked would not be able to fire but the Chimera's heavy weapons themselves would still be able to fire because they moved and they are part of a vehicle correct?

Valkerie
08-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Forgeworld has a PDF download for Imperial Armour that has stats for Inquisitor Chimeras and Valkyries. The point cost and special rules are the same as in the IG codex. Hope this helps a bit.

crazyredpraetorian
08-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Unless there's an updated rule on the GW website for Daemon Hunters, you should use the entry exactly as it's listed in your codex.

Read this man's post very carefully. If you're playing friendly games, then your friends may let you use IG spec or FW spec Chimeras. But, if you're playing tournaments, you will have to abide by the DH codex. Unless, GW or the tournament organizer says different.