PDA

View Full Version : A 1000 point Nyd list. Im trying to beef up the cheese.

stevenrachal
04-28-2010, 04:48 AM
Okay i am starting a Tyranid army and i need a little help. I usually play with three of my friends one is a tau/IG player, another a Space marine player and the final friend plays daemons. MY main army is chaos space marines so you can guess how we get divided for 4 player battles. Imperium vs. Chaos right? well it kinda sucks because me and my Daemon friend get the crap kicked out of us every battle. They are that good so my full death guard dual nurgle princes list get them on the run alot but i just cant get the numbers to beat them and my daemon friend like the hobby mainly for the painting so i cant really rely on him for a good list or any sort of strategy. So i want to make a 1000 point Nyd list that is just gonna give them a really hard time.

Here is what i have but i think im gonna look stupid bringing so little to the table for a byd army.

HQ
1 x Swarmlord (280)

1 x Tyrant Guard (60)

Troops
14 x Hormagaunts (84)

14 x Hormagaunts (84)

10 x Termagaunts (50)

10 x Termagaunts (50)

8 x Genestealers w/ Toxin sacs (136)

Heavy Support
1 x Trygon Prime w/ Regeneration (265)

Worries: Big Cheezy stuff wont be effective at low point cost. Not enough midpower stuff to pop transports or take out marines effectively. Enough Tank Popping power?

I should also note that my Tua/IG friend is also picking up the blood angels codex and has already started making dreadnaughts

Fellend
04-28-2010, 04:58 AM
Teach your friend to play instead, 1000p (or 1500 if you want to count him as half) shouldn't beat 2000p no matter the cheezyness

stevenrachal
04-28-2010, 05:05 AM
yea i have taught him how to play. he knows but come on the daemons codex is just absolutely terrible but he chose it for the lore like i did with the chaos space marines. and its always a 2 on 2 deal where they have land raiders and lemun russes and the best thing we have is my Nurgle Daemon prince and his bloodthirster which both get shot to **** first turn by 2 valks and the plasma vets they are holding if they survive that first assault they usually do damage otherwise we get ****ed. as predictable as the space marine and the IG lists are we still cant beat them we just lack the power of the codex. Any suggestions on this list though would be really helpful.

Emory
04-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Use Doom with a spore and drop him in within 6' of a least on squad he will earn his points back very quickly. Also just use a hive tyrant with 2 sets of Devourers with brain leech worms, 12 twin linked str 6 shots can pop most transport and murders speeders.

Vhalyar
04-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Swarmlord and Trygon Prime in a 1000 point list? That's nearly 2/3 of your army on two units.

Personally I'd use two Tyranid Primes (2x Boneswords + Deathspitter) each joined to a brood of two Hive Guards. It's cheap, mobile, pretty effective and allows you to split your Synapse coverage around the board.

I'm going to second the Doom of Malan'tai suggestion. Put him in a pod and drop the ******* in the middle of the enemy's troops. At low points he can be murderous.

And tell your friends that making balanced teams is more important than Good vs Evil.

Melissia
04-28-2010, 01:14 PM
yea i have taught him how to play. he knows but come on the daemons codex is just absolutely terrible

No, it is not. It is unreliable, yes. Bad, no. Daemons lists can be very strong, you just need to build them to minimize their weaknesses and maximize their strengths.

Lerra
04-28-2010, 02:45 PM
I second that. Daemons are not at all bad. Middle-of-the-pack at worst. They can be a difficult army to play, though, and you have to build the army the right way.

I also recommend telling your friends to randomize teams rather than always have the same teammates. Fun should be more important than fluff.

What kind of lists are you running with CSM and Daemons? Epidemius with two allied Nurgle players is just hilarious. CSMs can alleviate a lot of the weaknesses of the Daemon codex (ranged tank killing).

Bigred
04-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Moving to 40K army lists