PDA

View Full Version : ardboys nid list (tournament winning)

gannam
04-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Been playing this list for a while now with very good results. The only problem is that I still face problems with double mystic IG armies. Tournaments typically have not near enough terrain and heavily favor shooting armies.

The strategy is that this army has many deepstriking, outflanking options, that allows me to either run it like that, or do a full horde army if facing anti deepstrike counters. HIve tyrant gives 3 up reserve rolls, and if need be, I can actually outflank the tervigon and park him on an objective and poop out bugs on it. I use screening units both for MC's and for standard list. the screening units are then given feel no pain by the tervigon.

I know that some of you will warn against regeneration on MC's because of the high cost, but I can tell you that rolling 2 or 3 sixes has changed the outcome of games when they just can't bring down that trygon.

HQ

Tyrant w/ wings, stranglethorn cannon, scything talons, regen hive commander, paroxysm, pcychic scream.

This guy is screened with 10 gargoyles for cover saves. He is mobile, and drops str 6 templates on the enemy.

with gargoyle guard, 355

tyranid prime w/ adrenal glands, regen and with a hive guard brood x 3.

I use the IC attribute here and run it with a mobile gun platform. This allows you to play wound allocation, as hive guard tend to be a big target. This also allows for extra synapse on the table.

with brood total points, 250

Elites

doom of malantai with pod 130.

physiological unit that forces the enemy to deal with it.

Zoanthrope x 3 180
I run them with the horde and screen them with other units. This gives you a very good 24 inch range template that is extremely effective against infantry and I use them more as defensive unit.

Troops:

Tervigon w/ sything talons, regen, catalyst, onslaught 225

This unit's primary function is to hold objectives. the bug pooping ability allows you to leave clumps of termagaunts in your deployment zone.

Termagant x 10 50 points

This unit is simply to allow me to take the tervigon as a troop choice.

Hormagaunt x 23 w/ toxin sacs 184

Hormagaunt x 23 w/ toxin sacs 184

This is my primary screening unit. I force the enemy to make them a priority and spread out the wounds. I run 2 screening units of these. These are also extremely effective for counter charging terminators, beserkers, and taking out obliterators and such.

genestealer brood x 10 w/ broodlord

genestealer brood x 10 w/broodlord and scything talons

I run 2 of these. This is a great unit for outflanking applying pressure on the enemy. This is really the only counter I have against the turtled IG army with double mystics.

Heavy support.

Trygon prime w/ regeneration 265

Trygon prime w/ adrenal glands, regeneration 275

These are the big heavy hitters. I have the option to deepstrike, or against anti drop pod armies, I will walk them up with the horde and allow one to provide cover saves to the tervigon, and the other to receive cover saves from the hive tyrant.

Tynskel
04-29-2010, 02:11 AM
Mystics + Mawloc = Nom Nom Nom Nom.

'Terror from the Deep' activates before the Mystic rules does (when the model is finally placed on the board is when the Inquisitor strikes). This gives you a chance to eat them first!

Might be worth trying out.

gannam
04-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Mystics + Mawloc = Nom Nom Nom Nom.

'Terror from the Deep' activates before the Mystic rules does (when the model is finally placed on the board is when the Inquisitor strikes). This gives you a chance to eat them first!

Might be worth trying out.

I was thinking the exact same thing about a month ago. I replaced the trygon prime's with mawlocs in my 2000 point variety of this army.

I have not had much luck with them honestly. you get that 1 str 6 hit on the rear armor, and if that doesn't work, the mawloc gets *** raped cause his stats suck so bad.

Tynskel
04-29-2010, 09:57 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing about a month ago. I replaced the trygon prime's with mawlocs in my 2000 point variety of this army.

I have not had much luck with them honestly. you get that 1 str 6 hit on the rear armor, and if that doesn't work, the mawloc gets *** raped cause his stats suck so bad.

He's a disruption unit-- remember models are destroyed if they cannot get out of the way. Whatchya do is not take a bunch of mawlocs, you take one. Any more, and you have a diminishing return of value.

You time the mawloc entry with the entry of multiple Deep Strike units- preferably ones that cannot scatter into enemy units, so you land at point blank range. Then the Mawloc deep strikes into the middle, and since the models cannot escape (due to your models being in the way) they are removed.

The change: Drop one Trygon Prime. Replace with mawloc. Add a Drop Spore to the termagants brood. Add more termagants to take up more space. You might be able to squeeze a third pod onto a hormagaunt squad by reducing a the brood size. Now you have 3 pods and a Trygon Prime. 2-3 of which should enter in on turn 2. The Mawloc can start on the board and burrow turn 1 and auto deep strike turn 2. This is a size able amount of forces coming in on turn 2 (3-4 units), enough to surround and squish.

The squads do not have to drop with the pod, so if your opponent doesn't castle up, you can react with not squeezing him.