PDA

View Full Version : The Road to Blood Bowl 2016!

Mr Mystery
04-14-2016, 05:00 AM
Howdy Sports Fans!

This is intended as a round up of all rumours Blood Bowl - whether from official or nefarious sources.

Let's kick off what confirmed stuff!

Via the official Blood Bowl Facebook page....

https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlt1/v/t1.0-9/12439471_220813191617796_4993545955092682535_n.jpg ?oh=a90d03e9916bc95669a0925faf52f1f7&oe=57AE894A

https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/21705_220902904942158_2390424030237091668_n.jpg?oh =498a5a5dae7ba9a24d7e466a180c3876&oe=5784562F

And the thing I'm most looking forward to (even though I'm hopeless at the game, and may not even get it!)

https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/13012820_228283944204054_1072994569029637699_n.jpg ?oh=bdf3c3fa9f62bc1cb90cfea971b308e5&oe=57B58A2C

That's right, Sports Fans! SQUIG BALL! Because Blood Bowl clearly wasn't enough of a health hazard!

eldargal
04-14-2016, 07:39 AM
I hope we get some female human players, or more than two teams, because honestly Orks vs Humans is really, really boring.

Mr Mystery
04-14-2016, 08:02 AM
Defo going to be more than two teams. Wouldn't be Blood Bowl without it.

As for wimmins? Wonder if we might see a 'women's league' range as alternate models? You! Go bug GW about that now! Don't ask, don't get. Though probs still don't get even if you do ask. But asking won't do no damage, innit :)

grimmas
04-14-2016, 09:04 AM
Defo going to be more than two teams. Wouldn't be Blood Bowl without it.

As for wimmins? Wonder if we might see a 'women's league' range as alternate models? You! Go bug GW about that now! Don't ask, don't get. Though probs still don't get even if you do ask. But asking won't do no damage, innit :)

What were you thinking full lingerie bowl, or just less starting money and not as good sponsorship deals 😜? (Seriously though female players have always been a thing in blood bowl)

Of all the things you've said "may not even get it" has got to be the most ridiculous. Of course you're going to get it, let's face it you've bought the subscription to get a load of books that you must already own evey month there's no way you're not getting one of their classics. 😉

Erik Setzer
04-14-2016, 09:17 AM
I hope we get some female human players, or more than two teams, because honestly Orks vs Humans is really, really boring.

There was an Amazon team for the old Blood Bowl, but I'd imagine you'd prefer having genders mixed in teams, rather than the women relegated to a separate team of barely-dressed players. It'd be nice to at least have the option to have gender-diverse teams.

Mr Mystery
04-14-2016, 09:36 AM
What were you thinking full lingerie bowl, or just less starting money and not as good sponsorship deals 😜? (Seriously though female players have always been a thing in blood bowl)

Of all the things you've said "may not even get it" has got to be the most ridiculous. Of course you're going to get it, let's face it you've bought the subscription to get a load of books that you must already own evey month there's no way you're not getting one of their classics. 😉

I resent that :p

My Black Library collection is predominantly Warhammer novels, not 40k!

grimmas
04-14-2016, 10:26 AM
I resent that :p

My Black Library collection is predominantly Warhammer novels, not 40k!

And why have you started a new thread what are you trying to hide in the one I started 😉

More on topic though eveyone needs to go to the FB page and chuck it a like we'll get more previews when they get to 10000.

Mr Mystery
04-14-2016, 12:07 PM
Couldn't see that one!

But yes. Get your arses to the FB group and join.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I've asked after the possibility of a Women's League or models.

Mr Mystery
04-15-2016, 02:16 AM
Straight from the horse's mouth!

I sed...

Hey guys. Getting psyched for the new season, despite being a singularly hopeless coach.
Is there any chance we might see a Women's League, or even some ladies taking the field to show its not just the men who like to praise Almighty Nuffle?

They sed....

Well Ross, in our experience the ladies of Blood Bowl are, if anything, tougher than the gents so I doubt they'd take kindly to being stuck in their own league! We agree though, Blood Bowl is an equal opportunities blood-sport. - Jim

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
04-15-2016, 02:56 AM
Nice. Good work Mystery

Erik Setzer
04-15-2016, 07:52 AM
Just don't put them off in their own team. An all-ladies team would be fine, but mix in some options for humans and elves at least. (Orcs supposedly don't have females... and we'll leave that alone rather than comment on one of the weirdest bits of Warhammer world trivia.)

Mr Mystery
04-15-2016, 08:02 AM
http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/8/17/259621-Bloodbowl%20Orc%20Cheerleader.jpg

You take that back young man! :p

Erik Setzer
04-15-2016, 08:04 AM
Well, they claimed there were no Orc females, and when someone asked about that model, Jervis's answer was, no kidding, "boob squigs."

You forced us to "go there," so... yeah.

Path Walker
04-15-2016, 08:07 AM
Yep, Blood Bowl exists in a very weird version of the Warhammer World. Female Orcs, corporate sponsorship, Vampires and Mummies being friends...

Glad to see they're keeping that part of the game alive, from the FB page its displayed enough humour and weirdness to be Blood Bowl.

Mr Mystery
04-15-2016, 08:13 AM
Need to dig out my Blood Bowl books - Compendium and Star Player.

I know for certain there's a passage that Dark Elf Cheerleaders were as dangerous as the players, and indeed largely interchangeable - but I can't recall if there was actually rules for that.

Path Walker
04-15-2016, 08:28 AM
Rings a bell in the text, don't think it was a specific rule though

grimmas
04-15-2016, 08:37 AM
Need to dig out my Blood Bowl books - Compendium and Star Player.

I know for certain there's a passage that Dark Elf Cheerleaders were as dangerous as the players, and indeed largely interchangeable - but I can't recall if there was actually rules for that.

No rules it was a "did you know" piece I think it was the Darkside Cowboys' cheerleaders who dished out a thumping

Mr Mystery
04-15-2016, 08:44 AM
Sounds about right.

But there totes should be rules!

Perhaps they charm their way into the dugout, then give any players there a good shoeing?

eldargal
04-15-2016, 09:48 AM
Just don't put them off in their own team. An all-ladies team would be fine, but mix in some options for humans and elves at least. (Orcs supposedly don't have females... and we'll leave that alone rather than comment on one of the weirdest bits of Warhammer world trivia.)

Yup, I'd rather have a human team with one female lineman, catcher,thrower and blitzer than wait god knows how long for a human female team or witch elf team or something. Ditto for other races.

Erik Setzer
04-15-2016, 10:00 AM
Yup, I'd rather have a human team with one female lineman, catcher,thrower and blitzer than wait god knows how long for a human female team or witch elf team or something. Ditto for other races.

Using some lame excuse like "women aren't as physically strong," aside from being slap-worthy, also wouldn't be applicable in a game that had Elf linemen. I think any human female would still be harder to snap in half than an Elf. (An opponent decided to run up the score on me with an Elf team once, so I decided to run up the body count. It was fun.)

Actually, I don't think Blood Bowl linemen are really any bigger typically than other positions... I think I'm letting actual NFL positions taint my view of Blood Bowl positions. Offensive and defensive linemen in the NFL are around 300 pounds or more typically, while a receiver (catcher) would be more like 200 pounds. The Blood Bowl equivalent is a Black Orc to an Orc, but Black Orcs are blitzers, and that's a special situation anyway. I don't think most teams really have a physical difference between a lineman and a catcher.

Mr Mystery
04-15-2016, 12:16 PM
If we can rely on the statement I posted, it's sounding like mixed teams are a distinct possibility.

I know fb isnt everyone's bag, but defo worth getting people to keep on asking. Apologies for momentary ego mania, but I've laid the ground work, time for follow up!

Erik Setzer
04-15-2016, 12:29 PM
Added my voice, for what it's worth.

Mr Mystery
04-15-2016, 12:44 PM
Indeed!

I'm fighting 'dont ask, don't get, so be specific'

Plus, to the best of my knowledge, the games that sprung up to fill the gap are all male teams?

Erik Setzer
04-15-2016, 12:54 PM
I think so, but given that they were just mimicking Blood Bowl, which set that precedent, I can't blame them. If a new BB changes the field, then the others will likely follow suit. (Too bad it doesn't work the other way around, though... I'd love female models in 40K without having to buy non-GW stuff I can't use in the GW store.)

grimmas
04-15-2016, 01:09 PM
http://www.comixininos.com/

Of varying levels but some are nice

Erik Setzer
04-16-2016, 09:06 AM
Those look like old school Blood Bowl minis (and I hope GW doesn't move too far from the classic look). There's a few ladies in there, but still could be a better selection.

Gotthammer
04-17-2016, 05:15 AM
Also: http://www.starplayershop.com/gb/18-amazons

CryptCat
04-19-2016, 03:58 PM
I'm excited for the new Blood Bowl. I have the old game, and never got to play it much, but enjoyed it all the same. My Orcland Raiders are itching to Waaagh down off the shelf and get back onto the pitch.

Erik Setzer
04-20-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm excited for the new Blood Bowl. I have the old game, and never got to play it much, but enjoyed it all the same. My Orcland Raiders are itching to Waaagh down off the shelf and get back onto the pitch.

Soon enough they might be Los Orculus Raiders. :D

Mr Mystery
04-20-2016, 11:15 AM
You know how Warhammef World are having a Blood Bowl tournament in a few weeks?

Well, not only are tickets available, but they're beginning to reveal the pyizes!

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=18172&d=1461172508

Mr Mystery
04-21-2016, 06:59 AM
And in case anyone was wondering if they might lose the humour....

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=18187&d=1461243561

Erik Setzer
04-21-2016, 08:24 AM
It's not Blood Bowl without the humor. Take out the humor and you've got some generic fantasy football game.

Mr Mystery
04-21-2016, 08:39 AM
100% agreed.

Whilst I don't think anyone can knock the Blood Bowl Rules (regardless of version), it was that inherent irreverence that really made the game and set the scene.

Mr Mystery
04-22-2016, 05:15 AM
Anyone ready for a Pitch Invasion?

Path Walker
04-22-2016, 05:19 AM
is this the end of the grid? Who knows, I'm interested anyway. Hopefully we'll see more at Warhammer Fest

grimmas
04-22-2016, 05:44 AM
It's the pitch art before they put the grid over it. Well that's what Jim told us on Facebook

Mr Mystery
04-22-2016, 05:55 AM
Do we reckon high quality printed board, or actual 3D plastic board?

I seriously can't tell from the pic!

Erik Setzer
04-22-2016, 08:03 AM
Do we reckon high quality printed board, or actual 3D plastic board?

I seriously can't tell from the pic!

I'd guess printed board designed in places to look 3D. It's cheaper to produce, so that'd be better from GW's perspective. In this case, I'd agree with the decision to go the cheaper route, because it's pretty easy to fold up my board and take it anywhere or store it easier between games, whereas a plastic board would create more hassle.

That said, producing some specialty boards on the side might be a niche market they could work with, but it'd probably be a relatively small market, which would drive up the prices and keep it niche. But hey, if it can be profitable, it's not a bad idea.

Mr Mystery
04-22-2016, 08:13 AM
Fairly sure there's a decent slice of the already dedicated BB community who wouldn't mind shelling out for their own stadium.

FW's Realm of Battle sections give some idea of what the price might be. At 2'x2' each, they weigh in at £96 a pop for the most expensive, £80 for their cheapest ones.

They're what, twice the size of the current BB pitch (can't rule out making the board bigger, even if it's just to allow for larger squares). So unique BB pitches no more than the £96 might well find a market - particularly if they included sculpted dugouts etc, or even resin end zone inserts for the named teams?

Erik Setzer
04-22-2016, 01:27 PM
Fairly sure there's a decent slice of the already dedicated BB community who wouldn't mind shelling out for their own stadium.

FW's Realm of Battle sections give some idea of what the price might be. At 2'x2' each, they weigh in at £96 a pop for the most expensive, £80 for their cheapest ones.

They're what, twice the size of the current BB pitch (can't rule out making the board bigger, even if it's just to allow for larger squares). So unique BB pitches no more than the £96 might well find a market - particularly if they included sculpted dugouts etc, or even resin end zone inserts for the named teams?

Yeah, I'm sure there'd be a market, but it'd probably be somewhat niche. At the end of the day, Blood Bowl is still a board game, and the core game should come with a board, so it's not a necessity. Still, I'd be one of the folks who'd gladly snag one if the price isn't too rough. Given that you shouldn't be spending more than $100 (£60-£70ish) on a team (unless someone went sheer stupid), that means you could still drop about $80/£50 on a board and be well inside of a reasonable budget for a game you thoroughly enjoy. (And then, if you make okay money, you can grab more teams, or alternate pitches.)

Mr Mystery
04-22-2016, 02:45 PM
Bloody hell. BoLS are my post.

In short?

1. Astrogranite option
2. Customisable end zones
3. Sculpted dug outs, turn trackers and score board.

That's what would get my money.

Edit - have just asked Jim and Bob if us oldies might be able to look forward to an alternative Astrogranite pitch :)

grimmas
04-23-2016, 03:01 AM
I'm feeling the pitch will be heavy duty card but the print will be of an actual physical modelled pitch. I'd like to see an optional modelled pitch, I don't think it's going to be like the old Astroganite as that was expanded polystyrene and they do hard polystyrene (realm of battle boards)

I very much hope for the stuff Mystery suggests as that is stuff BB players having been putting togeather for years. I'd also reckon a limited ed stadium would go down well, they should consider non playing team members and crowd miniatures as well. I suspect they'd be a market for that.

Mr Mystery
04-23-2016, 10:47 AM
Should also be relatively easy to produce - it's largely flat by necessity, and requires less faffing than a nicely sculpted team.

At least, I'd imagine so. I can't sculpt or create for love nor money, so I could be way off!

Erik Setzer
04-24-2016, 07:42 AM
A nice stadium wouldn't be entirely flat. I guess they could do just a pitch with some scultped detail (but has to be not too much, or it'd be hard to place models), but I think the real draw would be something with 3D dugouts, sidelines, maybe stands, stuff like that.

Bonus if it had an area dedicated for rolling dice, but eh, that's what dice trays are for.

Mr Mystery
05-06-2016, 10:09 AM
Free Roolz (http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/star-players-v.2.pdf)

The link above is to Star Players, including some I've not previously heard of.

Team Lists and that are here. (http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/the-bugmans-xxxxxx-league-cup/)

Bravo Warhammer World. Moar pls.

silashand
05-06-2016, 11:25 AM

I'm in. Always wanted custom stadiums for my teams.

grimmas
05-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Folks if you haven't already get yourself over to the GW Blood Bowl page. Jim and Bob are building the excitement in their own unique style and there's promises of more sneak peeks at the new minis if the likes get high enough.

Also when plugging AoS they have no idea the Mortal Realms are a thing so it looks like no setting change it'll still be set in the Blood Bowl alternate Old World.

Mr Mystery
05-07-2016, 01:31 PM
Is that their FB group?

Asymmetrical Xeno
05-07-2016, 01:33 PM
while it's not a game that appeals to me it's still really cool seeing stuff from it and what they are doing.

grimmas
05-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Is that their FB group?

Yep I probably should've made that clear whoopsie. You're already there I think.

- - - Updated - - -

while it's not a game that appeals to me it's still really cool seeing stuff from it and what they are doing.

Yeah new stuff is always nice to see regardless. I always enjoyed the frontpage weekly round up post for the same reason (before all I got were adverts though). I hope you find the time to chuck it a like anyway, more like means more miniature previews 😊

Mr Mystery
05-07-2016, 02:11 PM
I'm just enjoying the build up nonsense.

Akin to AX, I'm not the biggest fan of BB, but this hype? Well let's just say it's doing its job...

Mr Mystery
05-15-2016, 03:48 AM
Right, here's a round up of what I learned at Warhammerfest.

1. The board is double sided. One for weedy 'Oomies, da uvver a propah Orky pitch. It's the same for the dugouts, allowing some kind of customisation.

2. There's a plan to do further pitches, similarly double sided. Skaven/Dwarf, and Elf/Nurgle.

3. Boards are cardboard, so similar to the last boxed set. They are interested in doing neoprene mat style pitches, but they're struggling to find a company that can do the right mix of volume and quality.

4. Two teams in the box. Weedy 'Oomies and Orcses. With a proper vintage kick being in Blue and Red plastic respectively (though my old, OLD Bloodbowl set had blue Orcs and red 'Oomies)

5. Star Players and Secret Weapons will be resin

6. Now we come to an area of confusion. I'm sorry BoLS, I have failed you. I heard two different, but not necessarily mutually exclusive things about the other teams. My failure is that I failed to clarify. Ready? The core teams will be Plastic, but there'll also be Resin Upgrade kits (so think Calth Marines and FW Bitz), and entirely 100% Resin teams, comprised of unique sculpts.

What I didn't clarify is what they're defining as a Core Team. Could be each race is getting a plastic team. Could be only the more traditional teams are getting Plastic.

I think Pathwalker is at Warhammerfest today. I'll PM him and see if I can obtain the necessary clarification.

Brakkart
05-20-2016, 07:55 AM
This is what will be in the box when it is released, which apparently will be later this year, not 2017. It should also be considerably cheaper than recent box games due to the smaller number of mini's in it.

Al Shut
05-20-2016, 09:38 AM
The last time I looked at Blood Bowl rules might be sometimes in the last millennium. Does anyone know what the black cards are or are they something new?

Mr Mystery
07-17-2016, 05:39 AM
Yes-yes! Look-see plastic!

Kirsten
07-17-2016, 05:44 AM
looks like resin to me :p

you don't get plastic miniatures on slotta bases any more

Mr Mystery
07-17-2016, 05:46 AM
Resin master....but note the Slotta Base and mounting tab.

Don't think I've ever seen resin production models with those?

Kirsten
07-17-2016, 05:48 AM
see above...

Mr Mystery
07-17-2016, 05:48 AM
Hmm. Odd....

I still reckon it'll be plastic.

Kirsten
07-17-2016, 05:56 AM
nope, resin :p

Asymmetrical Xeno
07-17-2016, 09:15 AM
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?418911-Forgeworld-Open-Day-2016-News-and-Rumour&p=7645593&viewfull=1#post7645593

Perhaps this post from Pushkin on warseer will clear this up :

I had a really nice chat with Andy Hoare about blood bowl. This is done and will be out before Christmas, the models and the sprues were all done and they look great.

Humans and orcs are in the box, and then skaven and dwarves will be next. The pitch is reversible and has a human pitch one side and an Orc one the next side. Once they get skaven and dwarves out done they're going to do a similar double sided pitch for them. In terms of other plastic box sets they are going to do an elf team and one other team. Everything else will be resin. Special characters are in the works, but rules for some of them are already done.