PDA

View Full Version : What should be the nest new plastic box for WoTR?

iamaddj
07-24-2009, 11:29 PM
What do you guys think GW should make for the next plastic WoTR box set? I vote Rohan Royal Knights. They are awesome and need plastics.

Jwolf
07-25-2009, 07:58 AM
Morgul Stalkers. Of course, I have a personal interest in not spending a bajillion dollars on guys I want a ton of.

Bulwark
07-26-2009, 07:05 PM
I agree, Rohan needs some useful guys in plastic more than the other armies.

iamaddj
07-26-2009, 10:04 PM
If not Rohan it would be nice too see either some new Arnor plastics (they are really cool imo) or a recut of the warriors of the last alliance box, so I can get high elves and nemonorians separate.

Spanky Harrison
07-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Separate High-elves and Numenorians would be nice.

But I have to agree, Plastic Royal Knights (and Royal Guard!!) would be freakin awesome.

It would totally change the dynamic of the Rohan list. All of a sudden, I could take good infantry! :eek:

Also, it would mean that maybe (just maybe!) Rohan might get the new-style horses, without the 'please break me' ankles!

Azos
07-31-2009, 03:05 PM
Im one for a new elf sourcebook, with hopefully plastic spearmen and some new poses for the blades/bows. Would also like to see a mounted version of Glorfindel LotW, and if they did away with the Warriors of the Last alliance box, and introduced new plastic Numenorian warriors then it would be good to be able to out together a complete Last Alliance army.

Dragon Knight Of Rhun
07-31-2009, 11:28 PM
Im one for a new elf sourcebook, with hopefully plastic spearmen and some new poses for the blades/bows. Would also like to see a mounted version of Glorfindel LotW, and if they did away with the Warriors of the Last alliance box, and introduced new plastic Numenorian warriors then it would be good to be able to out together a complete Last Alliance army.

Elves just got new Galadhrim models a few months ago so I don't think they will get another sourcebook with new plastics.

Personally I vote for plastic Knights of Dol Amroth. I vote for them only cause they are really kool, and everything I plan on getting in my Fallen Realms army is already plastic...YAAY!

Azos
08-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Elves just got new Galadhrim models a few months ago so I don't think they will get another sourcebook with new plastics.

Personally I vote for plastic Knights of Dol Amroth. I vote for them only cause they are really kool, and everything I plan on getting in my Fallen Realms army is already plastic...YAAY!

Yeah, i doubt we will see new High Elves anytime soon, which is really what im after - its Wood Elves who have had more recently - with the new Galadhrim, and they already have the unarmoured Wood Elves.

I'd like to see a focus on the Noldor, and perhaps if not a sourcebook just for them then perhaps a Last Alliance One, with both Eregion and the Army of the High King getting an update, with a few more shiny things.

Plastic SKoDA would be cool, im still trying to turn round in my head if an all mounted force of Knights of Minas Tirith could be made to work somehow...

Cryl
08-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Personally I vote for plastic Knights of Dol Amroth.

That's got my vote too... purely for selfish reasons, the models look great and have really nice rules but the the metal ones are expensive and annoying to work with.

Also dwarves could use some of their 'guard' units in plastic.

Dragon Knight Of Rhun
08-01-2009, 11:45 AM
That's got my vote too... purely for selfish reasons, the models look great and have really nice rules but the the metal ones are expensive and annoying to work with.

Also dwarves could use some of their 'guard' units in plastic.

Thats true as well. If not Dol Amroth then Dwarves to get some Iron Guard.

iamaddj
08-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Thats true as well. If not Dol Amroth then Dwarves to get some Iron Guard.

Yeah I would LOVE some Kahzad Gaurd (or any other) Dwarf plastics. It would make the 16 companies of Kahzad Guard I have to buy sooo much more reasonable.

Herald of Nurgle
08-04-2009, 03:29 PM
A big release of recut plastics - for example, i'd love two sprues per Uruk-Hai set, which is 1 unit of 8 pikes and 8 sword/shields or perhaps some Mordor Orcs with 8 bows, 8 sword/shield, and 8 2h weapons

Next, however, i'd do a large release of units:
- Rohan Royal Guard
- Helmingas
- Hobbit Militia
- Council of Wizardry
- Swan Knights
- Warriors of the Last Alliance Recuts
- Riders of the Dead
- King's Champion

- Gundabads
- Stone Giant (could even use the old metal Giant! Free mold!)
- Isengard Recuts
- Mordor Recuts
- Kataphrakts
- Ringwraith in plastic! lulz
- Ghostly Legion conversion kit
- Ghost Riders

iamaddj
08-04-2009, 04:40 PM
While I would really like recuts, I doubt we will see them in anytime. The release of the Galadhrim with the same kind of mixed box (they would have been the time to start doing better designed boxes) tells me that GW wants to stick with the current box philosophy.

I am OK with metal heroes as well, I just really wish they would put the core or very important units for some armies in plastic.

Rhomdruil
09-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Beorings and/or Black Numenorians...either would make me very pleased.

Herald of Nurgle
12-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Plastic Fell Beast...

Oh, wait, it's coming out.

Cryl
12-18-2009, 01:58 AM
Plastic Fell Beast...

Oh, wait, it's coming out.

Really? That's great news... just seen your other post... off to get the new WD now :)