PDA

View Full Version : Help playing Noise Marines

Vondoom13
04-16-2016, 04:30 AM
So I could really use some help putting together a competitive list. I've spent all my time building thematic components to my army, and with what I have, would like to start putting together some lists to enjoy the gameplay. I had an idea to begin with of building a Noise Marine army, based off of Rock & Roll from the 80's and 90's primarily. As such I have focused more on the models to turn into my rockers, then really what they did competitively. But I'm having a hard time building a Noise Marine list that doesn't get decimated. Granted, I'm sure part of that is just me needing to learn tactics better.

So the models I have at my disposal:

HQ:

Lucius the Eternal

Daemon Prince

Troops:

80 Cultists

14 Noise Marines. (I'm using the OOP models that have guitars, so I have been using those as Sonic Blasters)
4 Noise Marines w/ Blastmasters
2 Noise Champions

Troop Transports:

2 Rhinos

Elites:

2 Sonic Dreadnoughts (FW, I have the sonic blaster arm or the blastmaster arms as options and then the CCW arm)

2 Helbrutes

2 Daemon Engines (FW)

Fast Attack:

2 Heldrakes

5 Bikers

Heavy Support:

1 Forgefiend

3 Obliterators

Chaos Daemons:

HQ:

Keeper of Secrets

Masque of Slaanesh

Herald of Slaanesh

Troops:

70 Daemonettes

Currently I've been using Lucius and a Daemon Prince as my HQ options typically. Lucius seems to kind of suck though, but I don't have a ton of close combat support for him. I use my Daemon Prince as a Psycher and have him try to summon lots of daemonettes to throw forward, and then I also have him roll on the Slaanesh chart hoping to boost the dmg of my sonic weapons, but I'm not sure it's really been worth the points. I've been running two 10 man squads of Noise Marines with sonic blasters, 2 blastmasters, and a Noise Champion who just kind of stands there to die.

I'm kind of committed to trying to use the Daemon Prince because of the way I have him modeled (which isn't a Daemon Prince at all... but something much better: Ozzy on a throne. I've included a few pics of the army to let you see thematically what I've been going with. Any help is appreciated. Thanks a ton!

Andrew Thomas
04-17-2016, 07:12 PM
Second D the Daemons, and get Lucy a Dreadclaw, Kharybdis, or some other Assault Vehicle capable of embarking Bulky models. Helbrutes are a little swingy, so maybe cut them back. Summoning is hard on one model, so 4 sharing the load is more reliable. Slaaneshi Oblits are fair to middling, so keep them in reserve, and drop them either adjacent to/in Lucy's ride or close to whoever rolls Cursed Earth.

Mikhail233
05-04-2016, 08:50 PM
The army looks cool as hell, haven't seen Slaneesh (or any daemons that aren't tzeentch) in a long time, for strategy unfortunately you are playing one of the weaker codexes, my idea would be maybe put icons of excess in your noise marine squads so they can have FNP that may help with their durability, I would put wings and the burning brand on the daemon prince and fly him around torching ****. Finally I would take a cyclopeia cabal from the new black legion book so you can use any crazy powerful shooting the enemy has against them