PDA

View Full Version : Heavy weapons in Transports

Javin
08-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Can i have an autocannon team in a Chimera and have them fire from the vehicle? Could I do that with three teams since up to 5 models can fire from the turret? Would that be a good way to protect my heavy weapon teams? Would they even fit?

Thanks,
J

Lord Inquisitor
08-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Only one squad may be in a transport at a time. If the transport moves the people inside count as moving. Each Heavy Weapon team counts as 1 person with 2 wounds.

Javin
08-07-2009, 04:07 PM
So I could take a Chimera for a regular squad, put in a heavy weapons team, and all three in a team could fire from the vehicle (Provided it has not moved)?

crazyredpraetorian
08-07-2009, 04:49 PM
So I could take a Chimera for a regular squad, put in a heavy weapons team, and all three in a team could fire from the vehicle (Provided it has not moved)?

It can be done. However, you would be better off putting the HW sqaud in cover and taking the cover saves. You lose a turn of shooting getting into the Chimera and it could stay Shaken/Stunned the whole game ans it would be a big target with 3 HWs in it.

Chumbalaya
08-07-2009, 05:35 PM
It can be done. However, you would be better off putting the HW sqaud in cover and taking the cover saves. You lose a turn of shooting getting into the Chimera and it could stay Shaken/Stunned the whole game ans it would be a big target with 3 HWs in it.

This.

The Mystic
08-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Crew shaken/stunned results only affect the vehicle, not the embarked squad.

So they would still be able to fire providing the vehicle did'nt move.

Nabterayl
08-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Page 67, Effects of Damage Results on Passengers:

Crew shaken & crew stunned
Passengers may not shoot from the vehicle in their next Shooting phase, but are otherwise unaffected.

crazyredpraetorian
08-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Page 67, Effects of Damage Results on Passengers:

Crew shaken & crew stunned
Passengers may not shoot from the vehicle in their next Shooting phase, but are otherwise unaffected.

Thanks for looking that up. I knew I was right on that. I just didn't have my BRB at hand.

The Mystic
08-08-2009, 03:04 AM
Never seen that part before......:o

Thanks for the clarification. My mistake :D