PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar List 2000

Mr. Smith
04-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Hello, all this is the Dark Eldar list I've been thinking about playing for awhile and I'm wondering if I have enough dark lances, are my units too expensive, the does the whole package work? Any help would be appreciated.

HQ
Kruellagh:
Wych Lord
+Drugs
+Agonsiser
+plasma grenades
+shadow field
122pts

Elites
9 Wyches:
+2 blasters:
+Succubus:
+Agonizer:
+10 plasma grenades
+10 haywire grenades
+Raider:
+Horrorfex:
+Night Shield:
+Disintegrator:
+Trophy racks 295ptss

9 Wyches:
+2 blasters:
Succubus:
+Agoniser:
+Goblet:
+10 plasma grenades:
+10 haywire grenades
+Raider:
+Night Shield:
+Disintegrator: A1
+trophy racks 295pts

10 Wyches:
+2 blasters:
Succubus:
+Agoniser:
+Goblet:
+10 plasma grenades:
+10 haywire grenades
+Raider:
+Night Shield:
+Disintegrator: A1
+trophy racks 295pts

Troops
10 warriors:
+2 darklances
+2 blasters
130pts

10 warriors:
+2 darklances
+2 blasters
soul seker 130pts

10 warriors:
+shredder:
+darklance
+Raider:
+Horrorfex: s
+Night Shield:
soul seeker
224pts

10 warriors:
+shredder:
+darklance:
+Raider:
+Horrorfex:
+Night Shield:
224pts

10 warriors:
+shredder:
+darklance
+Raider:
+Horrorfex:
+Night Shield: 224pts

Heavy
Ravager: 105pts
+Night shield
+disintegrator 110pts

Ravager
+2 disintegrators
+Night Shield
110pts

Total: 2072pts

BuFFo
05-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Hello, all this is the Dark Eldar list I've been thinking about playing for awhile and I'm wondering if I have enough dark lances, are my units too expensive, the does the whole package work? Any help would be appreciated.

Alright, lets see what you got, fellow Archon!

HQ
Kruellagh: 125pts

I guess the first question to ask is this; Are you playing to win, or to have fun? If your list is fluffy, than Kruellagh is fine. As an effective model in the game to actually win, she is full of fail.

Her main problem is that she has no power weapon, and her ability only works when models in base contact with her are taken.

Imagine her in a crowd of Orks. If she kills 5 Orks, the owning player removes the models NOT in base to base contact with her, and thus she does not get the bonuses.

My advice? Dump her, and get a nice tooled out Archon.

Wych Lord
+Drugs
+Agonsiser
+plasma grenades
+shadow field

Assuming you have an Archon, I then assume this Wych lord is a Dracite, correct?

If you are going to have a Dracite like this, remove his Shadow Field ang give him a Retinue of Wyches. In a Retinue, your Dracite loses his Independent Character rule, and thus cannot be picked out in combat. This way, you can give your Shadow Field to your Archon.

Elites
9 Wyches: 128pts
+2 blasters: 12pts
+Succubus: 8pts
+Agonizer: 20pts
+10 plasma grenades
+10 haywire grenades
+Raider: 55pts
+Horrorfex: 5pts
+Night Shield: 15pts
+Disintegrator: 5pts
+Trophy racks

This is way too pricey. I would suggest this instead;

9 Wyches
+2 blasters
+Succubus
+Agonizer
+10 plasma grenades
+Trophy rack

Haywire Grenades are very costly, and wyches are not used to assault vehicles. Their skills are best used to tie up and kill Monstrous Creature, IC's and Terminators.

Wyches are made to kill other army's elite options, not vehicles.

Troops
10 warriors:
+2 darklances
+2 blasters
130pts

Your point cost for the Sniper Squad is wrong. The way you have armed them should come out to 110. I don't know where you are getting the extra 20 points from. Otherwise, a fine unit for hunting vehicles. Keep this unit cheap like this.

10 warriors:
+shredder:
+darklance
+Raider:
+Horrorfex:
+Night Shield:
soul seeker

In 40k, a general rule is to never mix weapons within a unit that serve opposite purposes. Either go 2 Dark Lances or 2 Shredders. This unit will either hunt vehicles or Troops.

The unit should look like one of these two examples;

10 warriors:
2 shreddesr:
2 Blasters
+Raider:
+Horrorfex:

or

10 warriors:
2 Dark Lances
2 Blasters
+Raider:
+Horrorfex:

Ravager: 105pts
+Night shield
+disintegrator

Ravager
+2 disintegrators
+Night Shield

The Ravager is the Dark Eldar's only real, efficient unit to wipe out huge numbers of models at once. Whether they be groups of Marines or Orks, or downing vehicles Ravagers should always have a single function.

Simply put, go one of these;

Ravager
3 Disintegrators
Night Shield

or

Ravager
3 Dark Lance
Night Shield

Also, before you even make your army list, your Dark Eldar list should ALWAYS have 3 Ravagers. If you don't own the model, proxy it or something. Ravagers are THE most important unit in the Dark Eldar army.

Mr. Smith
05-02-2010, 01:28 AM
Alright, lets see what you got, fellow Archon!

I guess the first question to ask is this; Are you playing to win, or to have fun? If your list is fluffy, than Kruellagh is fine. As an effective model in the game to actually win, she is full of fail.

Her main problem is that she has no power weapon, and her ability only works when models in base contact with her are taken.

Imagine her in a crowd of Orks. If she kills 5 Orks, the owning player removes the models NOT in base to base contact with her, and thus she does not get the bonuses.

My advice? Dump her, and get a nice tooled out Archon.

My answer to that I guess is that the way I'm playing it now is fluffy enough, I suppose I could remove her and still be fluffy enough for my purposes.

Assuming you have an Archon, I then assume this Wych lord is a Dracite, correct?

If you are going to have a Dracite like this, remove his Shadow Field ang give him a Retinue of Wyches. In a Retinue, your Dracite loses his Independent Character rule, and thus cannot be picked out in combat. This way, you can give your Shadow Field to your Archon.

This was the plan, I just didn't put the Lord with the witches in the list.

This is way too pricey. I would suggest this instead;

9 Wyches
+2 blasters
+Succubus
+Agonizer
+10 plasma grenades
+Trophy rack

Haywire Grenades are very costly, and wyches are not used to assault vehicles. Their skills are best used to tie up and kill Monstrous Creature, IC's and Terminators.

Wyches are made to kill other army's elite options, not vehicles.

Alright, now here is my question to you, now I know that this is a bit expensive but what happens when I get assaulted by a dreadnaught and can't do anything to hurt the mofo.

Your point cost for the Sniper Squad is wrong. The way you have armed them should come out to 110. I don't know where you are getting the extra 20 points from. Otherwise, a fine unit for hunting vehicles. Keep this unit cheap like this.

In 40k, a general rule is to never mix weapons within a unit that serve opposite purposes. Either go 2 Dark Lances or 2 Shredders. This unit will either hunt vehicles or Troops.

The unit should look like one of these two examples;

10 warriors:
2 shreddesr:
2 Blasters
+Raider:
+Horrorfex:

or

10 warriors:
2 Dark Lances
2 Blasters
+Raider:
+Horrorfex:

My question here is that when my raiders get immobilized, I usually lose my dark lance to line of sight, basically it can't shoot crap. So thats why the dark lance was added, how would you deal with that?

And how do the raider squads get two dark lances again?

The Ravager is the Dark Eldar's only real, efficient unit to wipe out huge numbers of models at once. Whether they be groups of Marines or Orks, or downing vehicles Ravagers should always have a single function.

Simply put, go one of these;

Ravager
3 Disintegrators
Night Shield

or

Ravager
3 Dark Lance
Night Shield

Also, before you even make your army list, your Dark Eldar list should ALWAYS have 3 Ravagers. If you don't own the model, proxy it or something. Ravagers are THE most important unit in the Dark Eldar army.

Can do.

Vindur
05-02-2010, 03:29 AM
I know its a slim chance but the agoniser can glance the dread on a 6s.

The points you have posted for the ravagers are wrong, looks like you forgot to add in the night shields costs. You also only need 9 haywires and plasmas in the 9 strong wyches.

You cant have soul seeker ammo without a sybarite in your squads either.

As for recommendations I agree with Buffo about Kruellagh.

Theres not much point giving the sniper squads blasters, they aren't going to be moving enough to get them in range early enough to matter.

Raiders don't need night shields as much as ravagers and are a bit costly considering how many you have.

with out the night shields,soul seeker ammo and the extra grenades it gives you 120pts to play around with, this will get you your extra ravager or another sniper squad and the points to upgrade from kruellagh to a tolled up archon

BuFFo
05-02-2010, 10:08 AM
My answer to that I guess is that the way I'm playing it now is fluffy enough, I suppose I could remove her and still be fluffy enough for my purposes.

There is a difference between playing fluffy with units that make you happy and work, and playing fluffy and being discouraged every gaem when your units can't even do what you think they do.

Alright, now here is my question to you, now I know that this is a bit expensive but what happens when I get assaulted by a dreadnaught and can't do anything to hurt the mofo.

As an experienced DE player, your job is to avoid getting into combat with any Walkers. Why? Your Haywire Grenades only hit Walkers in close combat on 6's. This is NOT something you can rely on.

You are playing an Army with the most anti tank weaponry possible, and you need to just Dark Lance the hell out of Walkers to make sure they are not a threat.

My question here is that when my raiders get immobilized, I usually lose my dark lance to line of sight, basically it can't shoot crap. So thats why the dark lance was added, how would you deal with that?

I don't know what you mean. This game has True Line of Sight, and unless you are playing with all buildigns, your passengers should be able to see most of the table to be effective.

And Raiders will get destroyed. It does not matter what you give them to survive. You just better get used to this fact. Keep your Raiders cheap and expendable. Anyway, if your Raider gets immobilized, get your Warriors out and move them some where else if that can't see the enemy.

And how do the raider squads get two dark lances again?

The raider has one, and the Warrior Squad inside has one.

I know its a slim chance but the agoniser can glance the dread on a 6s.

Too slim to be worth it. Never ever ever ever plan on beating Walkers in combat with Agonizers and Haywire Grenades. Prepare to be locked up in combat the entire game if you try this.

The points you have posted for the ravagers are wrong, looks like you forgot to add in the night shields costs.

Yeah, good catch. The Ravagers with nightsheilds cost around 125 - 140 depending on thier build.

You also only need 9 haywires and plasmas in the 9 strong wyches.

Well, you buy the grenades for the entire unit, not models, so when when his wyches have 9 wyches and 1 succubus, which comes out to 10 wyches, he has to buy 10 grenades.

You cant have soul seeker ammo without a sybarite in your squads either.

Agreed. Just to point out, Soul Seeker Ammo is pure garbage. Avoid it.

Theres not much point giving the sniper squads blasters, they aren't going to be moving enough to get them in range early enough to matter.

Well, that depends on his experiences. Personally, I face tons of Deep Striking 'everything' thee days, and having 4 dark lance weapons when a Carnifex in a Spore Pod, or Space Wolf Drops Pods drop in my lines, of Landspeeders drop in my lines, or Terminators drop in my lines.... He may be facing players who don't DS anything, but, it never hurts to pay the extra 10 points for 2 Blasters for added defense, and Defense is exactly what DE are lacking.

Vindur
05-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Well, that depends on his experiences. Personally, I face tons of Deep Striking 'everything' thee days, and having 4 dark lance weapons when a Carnifex in a Spore Pod, or Space Wolf Drops Pods drop in my lines, of Landspeeders drop in my lines, or Terminators drop in my lines.... He may be facing players who don't DS anything, but, it never hurts to pay the extra 10 points for 2 Blasters for added defense, and Defense is exactly what DE are lacking.

I can definatly see where you are coming from, I guess its just my local scene doesn't seem to put deep striking to much use at the minute

BuFFo
05-02-2010, 04:37 PM
I can definatly see where you are coming from, I guess its just my local scene doesn't seem to put deep striking to much use at the minute

Oh, lol, then count yourself lucky! Deep Striking isn't that hard to deal with, with Dark Eldar, but it gets dull quick.

At least you save yourself 50 points in Blasters I need to pay for in every list I make.