PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed to Complete 2500 & 4000pt Tomb Kings List

geneticdeviant
05-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Hey guys, i'm new to fantasy and have decided to go with Tomb Kings as my army of choice.

I will be playing mostly against vampire counts, high elves and dark elves.

I am hoping you kind folk can help me complete my lists.

Okay, here are my lists, need advice to amend it, and complete it please.

2500 POINTS

Queen Khalida,

liche priest w/ cloak of dunes

liche priest

liche priest w/ casket of souls

Ushabti x 3

Temple Guard x 20 w/ icon of Rakaph

Skeleton Bowmen (4 units of 12)

Tomb Scorpion x 2

Screaming Skull Catapults x 2

TOTAL: 2159 (What would you add to bulk up to 2500 points?) Was thinking of adding bone giant plus 3x Carrion to bring up to 2500?

For 4000 Points i was thinking of adding:

Tomb King

Liche high priest w/ staff of ravening + cloak of dunes

Tomb Prince w/ great weapon

Carrion x 3

Bone Giant

Skeleton Bowmen x 60 (3 units of 20)

Chariots x 5

TOTAL: 3715 What should I add to bulk this up to 4000 points?

Would appreciate some help and guidance with this. Also recommended tactics, what character should join which unit, which wargear to equip etc.

I'm new to fantasy so go easy on me lol, please help optimise the list by offering advice on the above. Thanks in advance

wymore
07-06-2010, 02:44 PM
my play style is different but ill just put it out there and see what you think. for the 2500 point i like your setup. two things i would do however is take out one of your liche priests and put in a tomb prince. give him the spear of antarhak and vambraces of the sun and put him in your tomb guard unit. and tomb giants i have always found useful. alot of times they turn into an expensive pin cushion and still can get into combat. for your four thousand point i tend to use settra and khalida. but alot of people won't use settra for the fact that he uses up two lord choices and you cant have liche priests. damn you 6th edition. but hes fun to use with alot of chariots cav and tomb guard with his special my will be done. plus if you put enough tomb princes out there in your units it tends to make up for the lack of liches. i have always wanted to try out two bone giants but i never like to proxy and i'm more into buying other units at the moment. oh and unless your wanting to put like 10 carrion out there i never find them to be worth it. id just put out tomb swarms for the it came from below to take out war machines, flanking, or holding up things. love the army though let me know what you think. have fun good luck