razorback extra armour, lascannon=105

scouts(5) snipers =75

baal predator extra armour heavy bolters=160

vindicator extra armour siege shield=170

vindicator extra armour siege shield=170

one

lobster-overlord
05-01-2010, 08:37 PM
What are your intentions for objective based games? Personally, I like the list, but then again, I'm very partial to DC.

B-rock
05-01-2010, 10:15 PM
What are your intentions for objective based games? Personally, I like the list, but then again, I'm very partial to DC.
ty for posting and i was going for the scouts hold my and the vehicles just contest i know that is not a strong tactic but maybe you can tell me what to do

Schnitzel
05-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Rather than using the scouts as you're objective grabbers, cut some points somewhere and get a squad of 10 Assault Marines. Hold 'em in reserve and combat squad 'em. They can come in late game and grab the objectives left open by your Death Co slaughter houses.

B-rock
05-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Rather than using the scouts as you're objective grabbers, cut some points somewhere and get a squad of 10 Assault Marines. Hold 'em in reserve and combat squad 'em. They can come in late game and grab the objectives left open by your Death Co slaughter houses.
i like that idea i think i will look in to it but is the core of the list a good idea to you

Sir Biscuit
05-02-2010, 10:01 PM
I'd turn both those vindicators and the one Baal you have into three Baal Predators with Hunter-Killer missiles and Heavy Flamers. That will give you some nice horde-clearing, close support tanks, and gives you great 1st turn anti-transport fire. You'll need it, it's important to kill those transports so the Death Co. can get at the juicy bits inside. For the same reason, I would turn all the weapons on your razorbacks into Lascannons and Twin-Linked Plasmaguns.

Honestly, you've chosen a "fluff" list. Yes, it's full of hard-hitting units, but don't expect to win a ton of games. Most are objective based, and you've put yourself at a huge disadvantage there. I second the idea of an assault squad, the extra scoring is nice, but even more importantly, it gives Astorath someone to be with. Right now, he's all alone on the table and begging to be shot to death.

B-rock
05-03-2010, 06:40 AM
I'd turn both those vindicators and the one Baal you have into three Baal Predators with Hunter-Killer missiles and Heavy Flamers. That will give you some nice horde-clearing, close support tanks, and gives you great 1st turn anti-transport fire. You'll need it, it's important to kill those transports so the Death Co. can get at the juicy bits inside. For the same reason, I would turn all the weapons on your razorbacks into Lascannons and Twin-Linked Plasmaguns.

Honestly, you've chosen a "fluff" list. Yes, it's full of hard-hitting units, but don't expect to win a ton of games. Most are objective based, and you've put yourself at a huge disadvantage there. I second the idea of an assault squad, the extra scoring is nice, but even more importantly, it gives Astorath someone to be with. Right now, he's all alone on the table and begging to be shot to death.
i am still open to ideas i just like DC i am thinking what if i ran 10 DC in a landraider instead of a army of them

and astorath is in one unit of the DC

Sir Biscuit
05-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Astorath can't be with the DC, as he is jump infantry and thus cannot enter transports.

B-rock
05-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Astorath can't be with the DC, as he is jump infantry and thus cannot enter transports.
o i didnt see that ty for pointing this out so after thinking what if i didnt take DC so this is my idea

Dante 225

sanguinary guard 2 infernus pistols chapter banner 250

sanguinary priest (3) 150

assault marines(5) power weapon 115
razorback extra armour, lascannon 70

assaault marines (5) power weapon 115
razor back extra armour, lascannon 70

assault marines (5) power weapon 115
razorback extra armour, lascannon 70

baal predator extra armour, heavybolter,hunter killer missile 170

baal predator extra armour, heavybolter,hunter killer missile 170

baal predator extra armour, heavybolter 160

vindicator extra armour, siege shield 170

so i heard the dante and guard combo works well so

the marines in the razors give anti tank and with the priest with them that gives them the killing ability on the roll to wound part

the baals outflank and they are anti infantry and the killer missiles are a points user but cool if i get side armour

the vindicator well kills stuff

i know this is a 360 from my DC list but i wanted to see if you all think this is a much better list

blackarmchair
05-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Honestly, you will lose every game to any army with a decent amount of troops.

You have one scoring unit in scout armor. Honestly, I'd just pack my entire army around a single objective or maybe even two wait for the scouts to come in and then just wait for the game to end.

Your other troops are 20 fancy marines...it's a fun list but if you care about competition I'd scrap it.

B-rock
05-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Honestly, you will lose every game to any army with a decent amount of troops.

You have one scoring unit in scout armor. Honestly, I'd just pack my entire army around a single objective or maybe even two wait for the scouts to come in and then just wait for the game to end.

Your other troops are 20 fancy marines...it's a fun list but if you care about competition I'd scrap it.
what about the list i just wrote with the assault marines