PDA

View Full Version : Sisters 2000 Assault List

Melissia
05-02-2010, 05:21 PM
For fun and profit. Or at least fun.

HQ: 338 Pts
Canoness w/ Blessed Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades, Book of St. Lucius, Cloak of St. Aspira, Mantle of Ophelia
-- Retinue w/2 Meltaguns, Frag Grenades
---- Veteran w/Eviscerator
---- Imperial Armour Rhino

Elites: 681 Pts
Celestian Squad w/ Full squad with Frag Grenades, 2x Flamer
-- Veteran w/Book, Eviscerator
-- Imperial Armour Rhino
-- Imperial Armour Rhino
-- Imperial Armour Rhino

TroopsL 744 Pts
Battle Sister Squad w/ Meltagun, Heavy Flamer
-- Veteran w/Book, Bolter
-- Imperial Armour Rhino
-- Imperial Armour Rhino
-- Imperial Armour Rhino
-- Imperial Armour Rhino

Fast Attack: 237 pts
Seraphim Squad w/ 8 Seraphim, Veteran, 2 TL Hand Flamers
-- Veteran w/Book, Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol

A fun looking, Celestian centric list that still has plenty of Battle Sisters available to provide a stronger backbone to the army. The list is more capable of giving and recieving an assault than the usual Sisters list due to the presence of so many Celestians (I4, WS4, and Holy Hatred makes a big difference). They still have plenty of firepower (so to speak) as well. It has its problems, though, especially against Guard and other vehicle-oriented forces. All squads are able to kill most vehicles (only the Monolith is relatively safe against this force), but five of the nine squads would have to assault to do any damage to vehicles, and there's nothing for long-ranged anti-tank.

Necrosis
05-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Try putting a priest in that retinue and give him and Eviscerator. It makes them more deadly in combat since they then get hatred and get to reroll misses when they charge.

Melissia
05-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Maybe, but it's not thematic. This is a Sisters force rather than an Ecclesiarchal one.

Necrosis
05-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Umm use a sister of battle model with the priest rules and give the priest power amour and say it's a sister of battle count as pirest? Just a suggestion.

Watch out for pie plates.

Melissia
05-02-2010, 11:06 PM
I don't ahve too much to worry about pieplates, rather, I'd really want to get the first turn more than anything-- as usual, if my Sisters lists get the first turn, I stand a very good chance to win.

Necrosis
05-02-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm an idiot. I didn't see the rhino.

blackarmchair
05-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Man Melissia what's with all the hate you're getting in these sister's threads lately?

Anywho don't worry all too much about "long range anti-tank" as a Sister's army you'll be up close and double-tapping or assaulting anyway. Sisters truly live in a 12" killzone so up close is pretty much home for them anyway, if ya gotta assault then so be it.

It looks good to me, an assaulting sisters army is nothing I've ever seen before but I like it. Love to see a bat rep...

Sandman2663
05-05-2010, 08:17 PM
For fun and profit. Or at least fun.

HQ: 338 Pts
Canoness w/ Blessed Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades, Book of St. Lucius, Cloak of St. Aspira, Mantle of Ophelia
-- Retinue w/2 Meltaguns, Frag Grenades
---- Veteran w/Eviscerator
---- Imperial Armour Rhino

Elites: 681 Pts
-- Imperial Armour Rhino
-- Imperial Armour Rhino
-- Imperial Armour Rhino

TroopsL 744 Pts
-- Imperial Armour Rhino
-- Imperial Armour Rhino
-- Imperial Armour Rhino
-- Imperial Armour Rhino

Fast Attack: 237 pts
Seraphim Squad w/ 8 Seraphim, Veteran, 2 TL Hand Flamers
-- Veteran w/Book, Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol

Hello Mellisia!
I love my SOB's. Did well at Adepticon with them.
The only changes I would make is drop a squad of Sisters (I know shame on me), give Meltabombs to the Seraphim and pick up one IA Exorcist. I love my Choir but I don't leave home without at least one protecting my ladies. ;) I think you will have a little left over...
My Seraphim are a sick suicide unit against gunline guard as they sit pretty in their tanks and wait for me to multi assault them. I once took out 5 tanks in one assault...granted one was a squadron of Hydras.

Melissia
05-10-2010, 11:26 AM
suicide unit

Then I don't approve.

Hell, even just looking at it from a pure points efficiency point of view, this is one of the worst things you can do with Seraphim. Seraphim are expensive S3 / T3 models, very vulnerable to power weapons. Don't sacrifice them, they won't do much that way for their cost. Instead, Seraphim should assault, then fall back using Hit and Run at the end of the enemy's assault phase, leaving them hanging in the wind and vulnerable for an attack by Battle Sister Squads.

Sisters have the BEST Hit and Run rule in the game. No other unit can do Hit and Run so easy.

So use it!

Darkwynn
05-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Then I don't approve.

Hell, even just looking at it from a pure points efficiency point of view, this is one of the worst things you can do with Seraphim. Seraphim are expensive S3 / T3 models, very vulnerable to power weapons. Don't sacrifice them, they won't do much that way for their cost. Instead, Seraphim should assault, then fall back using Hit and Run at the end of the enemy's assault phase, leaving them hanging in the wind and vulnerable for an attack by Battle Sister Squads.

Sisters have the BEST Hit and Run rule in the game. No other unit can do Hit and Run so easy.

So use it!

Fiends do hit and run better!

Just have to leave a jab there Melissia :)

Sandman2663
05-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Then I don't approve.

So use it!

Suicide Martyrdom is not an 'ideal use of Seraphim' but when I can trade 220+ points for almost 700 points, any day I would do it again with no regrets.
Sacrifice is a part of war and every man (or woman) needs to be utilized for the good of the church...:rolleyes:

Melissia
05-10-2010, 07:17 PM
And if they're all dead, they can't be in future conflicts, or even later in the battle.

djanimus
05-11-2010, 11:36 PM
And if they're all dead, they can't be in future conflicts, or even later in the battle.

Well said!!! I apply the same principal to my tyranids. Get as much out of the unit before they finally die, cuz lets face it, its gonna be pretty rare to have a game where all units survive lol

djanimus
05-12-2010, 04:45 AM
after looking at your list again, I would really love to play this with my nids. Would be insanely brutal, sisters have always been fun to play against (im lucky that a friend of mine has an SoB army) and something so assault oriented would be insane!