PDA

View Full Version : 2k SM

Lord Azaghul
05-03-2010, 08:21 AM
So I was finishing building a few SM things this weekend, and I pulled out a couple of old techpriest, whiped up my codex, and thought it might be interesting to build my Crimson Fist army (minus pedro) around the Master of the Forge, a Tech priest, and a few servitors.

Motf: conversion beamer: 120
Servitors (2) Heavy Bolterx2 75
Chaplan: 100

Troops:
1) 10 man Tactical Squad, melta, plasma cannons powerfist 205
Rhino: 35
2) 10 man Tact Squad Flamer, ML, powersword 185
Rhino 35

Fast
Landspeeder: HB, typhoon ML 90

Elite:
10 Sternguard 2 combimeltas 2 combiflamer, sarg w powersword stormbolter 290
Drop Pod: 35
Tehcmarine: 50
Servitors (2) 35
5 Terminators: Cyclone ML 230

Heavy:
Predator: AC, HB 85
Predator: LC LC sponsons 165
Dreadnought, MM, stormbolter x armour 120
Drop Pod: Deathwind 55

Thoughts? Major flaws?

Tynskel
05-03-2010, 11:49 AM
I am not the biggest fan of drop pod sternguard (unless in a drop force). Whenever I have faced them, they drop destroy something (maybe), and then get wiped off the map.

They are better in a rhino, especially since your force is already mechanized.

If you can, I would squeeze out points for a locator beacon/Teleport homer for the terminators (~25 points) (a good place could be the Predator Annihilator - switch to a destructor-- you'll still have decent anti-tank). I'd also switch the storm bolter to Hv Flamer on the Dread (~10), you'll manage to squeeze a few more kills outta the bugger. (with the last few points, I would switch one rhino to a razorback (probably the Plasma Cannon Squad) and add meltabombs to the powersword troop sgt.

Lord Azaghul
05-03-2010, 01:07 PM
I had a locator beacon in my first build of this!

Pedators: those are the models I have so I'm stuck there.

Sternguard: I haven't tried them in a rhino yet, but I do belieave that they will live longer. But part of my whole reason for starting SM was drop pods, so I still want to use two. I may just switch these guys with a tact squad and use them differently.

other models: 5 scouts w/ sniper rifles heavy bolter
1 more 10 man tact squad
10 jump packs
assorted HQ's
1 command squad
1 Rhino/Razorback (assult cannon or HB)

Tynskel
05-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Heellllllzzzz yeah!
That's why I started SM too: Death From Above!

I would put a tactical squad in the Drop Pod, rather than the Sternguard: Combat squad when ya get out, have the Hv Weapon Zot stuff, and the Sgt move up. This will give your Sternguard more survivability, and have the Tactical Squad up n' front.

I magnetized my Predator Turrets. I have them set up so I can swap out the Autocannon and Twin-linked Lascannon. I didn't have enough magnets (at the time) to magnetize the sponsons, so they have permanent lascan sponsons.

You have a nice variety of space marines--- I would work toward your goal of a Dropping force. What helps a Drop Pod force is devastators and Dreads (so a Master of the Forge is quite useful).

Lord Azaghul
05-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Librarian: 100

Troops:
1) 10 man Tactical Squad, flamer, plasma cannons powerfist 200
2) 10 man Tact Squad melta, ML, powersword 190
Drop Pod 35

Fast

Elite:
Tehcmarine: 50
Servitors (2) 35
5 Terminators: Cyclone ML 230

Heavy:

So I did a trail run on the above list and learned a few things.
1) two techmarines doesn't fit my play style, you may not have 2 ruins in your deployment zone
2) conversion beamer is great for picking off things coming in from reserve, the heavy bolters wear wasted most of the time thanks to what was being targeted.
3) A thunderfire cannon may be a better option the both the Moft and the normal techmarine
4) Techmarine with servitors is kind of worthless, wrecked and stunned results seem more common then weapon destroyed or immolized.
5) I really like the librarian machine curse power.

So I've make a couple of modified list:

Troops:
2) 10 man Tact Squad melta, ML, powersword 190
Drop Pod 35
3) Scout (5) sniperx4, heavy bolter 85

Fast

Elite:

Heavy:

Or

Pedro: 175

Troops:
2) 10 man Tact Squad melta, ML, powersword, mbomb 195
Drop Pod 35

Fast

Elite:

Heavy:
Thunderfire cannon: 100

In either case I'd need to scratch build something: a converion beamer, or a thunderfire cannon (no way I'm buying that metal model!)

Tynskel
05-05-2010, 12:38 PM
1st List.
The librarian's a cool option--- for the same points, however, you can take a Thunderfire Cannon, just move the dread to the Elites slot (there's room!).
I would dump the Hv Bolter Servitors for more servitors. They are mainly for the ablative wounds.

2nd List.
I am not a fan of Pedro. You really need some razorbacks to transport him up. Same with the Librarian. I don't recommend him in the Drop Pod, because everyone hates him, and so he's a fat target. I do not recommend putting him in the sternguard squad, because that squad is already a bullet magnet. You'll want to spread out the target priority issue for your opponent. Claiming Sternguard are nice, but remember what the job of the Sternguard is: Death by shooting- if you always treat them that way, you'll be satisfied with how they perform. Treat the claiming as an added bonus at the last turn of the game.