PDA

View Full Version : 2 2500 pt tyranid lists for ard boyz

ashnaile
05-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Hive tyrant /w lashwhip & sword, tl devourers, old adversary, hive commander, thorax larvae, paroxysm and psychic scream 260
Tyranid Prime /w lashwhip and bonesword, deathspitter, adrenal glands 110

3x Hiveguard 150
3x Hiveguard 150
2x Zoanthrope in pod 160

16x termagants 85
16x termagants 85
Tervigon /w Toxin sacs, adrenal glands, cluster spines & catalyst 195
20x termagants /w devourers in pod 240
7x warriors /w deathspitters, 1x venomcannon in spore pod 290

Trygon Prime /w adrenal glands 250
Mawloc 170
Mawloc 170

List 2

Tyrant /w thorax larvae paroxysm psychic scream and hive commander 220
Tyranid Prime /w deathspitter, lashwhip and bonesword 100

3x Hiveguard 150
3x Hiveguard 150
2x Zoanthrope in pod 160

10x termagant 50
10x termagant 50
20x termagants /w devourers in pod 240
5x warriors /w deathspitters, 1x venomcannon in spore pod 220

Trygon Prime /w adrenal glands 250
Mawloc 170
2x Carnifex /w adrenal glands and frag spines 350

Both lists are pretty similar, except in the heavy support section, in list 1 without the carnifexes im able to add a second mawloc, flesh out the tiny gant squads, and add 2 warriors to thier unit, get tl devourers for tyrant and a few other misc upgrades.

Both lists have a boatload of synapse so that shouldnt be an issue, starting with 6 troop choices, and 2 tervigons to start crapping gants, one of them outflanking with hive commander.

Only really ig /w mystics is whats scaring me, or some 20+ chimera chassis ig list....

c&c?

Tynskel
05-03-2010, 07:58 PM
1 list:
Termagants are 5 points off: 16x5=80, not 85. When accounting for this error the points come out to 2500.

2 List:
Prime is missing 15 points of wargear.
Warriors= 30x5 +4x5+15+40=225

Comments:
Personally, I am not a fan of walking tyrants at 2500 points without a bodyguard- 260, or 220 points, and a couple hits-they are gone. If you aren't gunna give guard to them, they should be fast instead.

Your anti-tank is limited: Hive Guard, Zoans, Mawloc and Tyrgon Prime. The Hive Guard are relatively short ranged, so they will take a turn or so to get into range- the Zoans, Mawloc, and Trygon Prime all have the unfortunate problem of not being able to start doing thier work until at least turn 2-3 (2 for the zoans, 3 for everything else). Can your army survive a leafblower for 2 rounds before you can fight back? Most armies cannot pull this off.

Something to mitigate this problem could be Harpies. Except, a proper IG force at 'Ard Boys will have a squadron of Hydras-- those will make short work of the Harpies. (3 Hydra squadron will pump out 3.75 wounds a turn, if you can get cover!).

Another option to go with are Tyrannofexes with Rupture Cannons--- you'll probably damage a tank 83% each turn. Realistically, they are the only thing on turn one that can start firing.

I think you have the right idea with two squads of Hive Guard- they'll survive a turn or two of fire to be able to start firing.

On list one, try dropping one mawloc and a tervigon. Take the Termagant squad and mash 'em togother into a 30 strong squad. Take a Rupture Cannon Tyrannofex. Add some tyrant guard (I like lashwhips!) so your tyrant can gain benefits from cover saves. 30 man squad is to draw fire away from other targets. Have the Tervigon outflank. When you drop in, hopefully you can surround some tanks and have the Mawloc destroy them due to the inability of escaping.

On your second list, I like the idea of the Carnifex-- I would have it drop in and spit bio-plasma. Use the extra points for tyrant guard?