PDA

View Full Version : Yet another BA list. (1500)

The Mystic
05-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Ok. Here it goes:

The Sanguinor- 275

Furioso Dread+ Blood talons, HF, Drop pod- 170

Librarian Furioso+ Wings of Sanguinius, Blood Lance- 175

Sanguinary Priest+ Jump pack, Lightning claw- 90

Sanguinary Priest+ Jump pack, Lightning claw- 90

Assualt Squad (10)+ Power fist, 2x Meltaguns- 235

Assualt Squad (10)+ Power fist, 2x Meltaguns- 235

Predator+ Heavy bolter sponsons, Extra armour- 115

Predator+ Heavy bolter sponsons, Extra armour- 115

TOTAL= 1500
KP's= 10

C&C would be much appreciated!

The Mystic
05-05-2010, 04:53 AM
Shameless BUMP! :D

Sandman2663
05-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Sanguinor is risky since he is not an IC...I would change:
Two Preds to Flamestorm Baals for the same price. They can outflank and give some needed template fire, move 12" and bast 8"...
Drop the LC's on the Priests...give EA to Talon Furiouso
Locator Beacon on the Pod and a meltabomb to a Priest.

If they don't take out the Pod (prob not with a Furiouso standing there) pretty much everything else comes down in front of them.

Tynskel
05-06-2010, 11:31 AM
I am not sure that Sanguinor is that risky: 2+ armor, 3+ Invul, eternal warrior, and if a priest is nearby, FNP. Almost always goes first in CC (I7 on charge). And Str6 on charge. If deep striking, he comes in on 75% chance for turn 2.

He's all around a BAMF.

You also buff a sgt.-of which he only has two, so just a 50/50 die roll.

For that reason, I'd say one Sgt should have a power weapon-- I6 Sgt on the charge with 5 attack (6 if Sanguinor is nearby) at Str 5. The other getting 4 (mb 5) attacks with a powerfist.

Plus, the guy that takes the Power Weapon can have a hand flamer.

The Mystic
05-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Well I played my first game with this list last night against IG.

My friends list was somethin like this :

Command squad in Chimera
4x Infantry squads with 2x Melta guns all in Chimeras
2x Colosus
2x Manticores
2x Vendettas
And Marbo!

Mission was Anihilation, deployment was Spearhead and I got the first turn.

Overall the list performed quite well. Lost the Furioso early but it did take out a chimera the turn it arrived. Libby dread did'nt get a chance to do anythin because of a stupid mistake on my part and was taken out third turn. The drop pod was taken out the second turn. Everything else survived for the rest of the game and the final score was 9 KP's to 3 KP's in my favor.

So any advice for tweaking the list after that performance or keep as is?

Thanks! :)

Sandman2663
05-10-2010, 07:11 PM
I am not sure that Sanguinor is that risky: 2+ armor, 3+ Invul, eternal warrior, and if a priest is nearby, FNP. Almost always goes first in CC (I7 on charge). And Str6 on charge. If deep striking, he comes in on 75% chance for turn 2.

He's all around a BAMF.

You also buff a sgt.-of which he only has two, so just a 50/50 die roll.

For that reason, I'd say one Sgt should have a power weapon-- I6 Sgt on the charge with 5 attack (6 if Sanguinor is nearby) at Str 5. The other getting 4 (mb 5) attacks with a powerfist.

Plus, the guy that takes the Power Weapon can have a hand flamer.

Agree with everything you said. I said risky, I didn't say he is not worth it...:D

Well I played my first game with this list last night against IG.

My friends list was somethin like this :

Command squad in Chimera
4x Infantry squads with 2x Melta guns all in Chimeras
2x Colosus
2x Manticores
2x Vendettas
And Marbo!

Mission was Anihilation, deployment was Spearhead and I got the first turn.

Overall the list performed quite well. Lost the Furioso early but it did take out a chimera the turn it arrived. Libby dread did'nt get a chance to do anythin because of a stupid mistake on my part and was taken out third turn. The drop pod was taken out the second turn. Everything else survived for the rest of the game and the final score was 9 KP's to 3 KP's in my favor.

So any advice for tweaking the list after that performance or keep as is?

Thanks! :)

I still don't understand the purpose of a Drop Dread, trading 130-160 points for a transport? Unless you are popping a heavy (Leman, Vindi, Land Raider, etc) or flaming away at guard or eldar Dreads shouldn't be dropped IMHO...
Support the Drop Dread with troops and/or vehicles. You can drop the pod empty and run him up...or drop him out of the way and flank...

Why did you take first turn? If I have learned anything with the new BA codex it is reserve everything and annihilation when you come on.
24-2-1 with a variety of opponents and BA lists.

Edit: Sorry, looking at the list again; refer to my earlier post.