105- 5 storm troopers w/ 2 meltas

FAST ATTACK
140-valkrie w/ mrp, heavy bolter sponsons
140-vendetta w/ heavy bolter sponsons

HEAVY SUPPORT
165-basic demolisher
165-basic demolisher

TROOPS
410- PCS w/ 2 flamers, 3 Squads each w/ gren. launcher, pw, 1 commissar w/ pw, 2 spec. squads w/ 2 flamers, demo.
150- Vet squad w/ Harker, 3 sniper rifles, heavy bolter

Total

This list is built to be flexible from game to game, 2 demolishers out front with horde in back, or in front of demolishers if need be, spec. weapon squads go in the flyers, the vet squad and ratlings hold an objective, or pester all game, and the storm troopers either tank bust, or objective contest (I've ds'd, scouted, and infiltrated them)

the point of this list is to have a lot of contingency plans, mostly demo charges. any comments welcome

Lord Azaghul
05-05-2010, 06:59 AM
HQ
310 - CCS w/ straken, 3 meltas, medic, 2 bodyguards, carapace, chimera

150- Vet squad w/ Harker, 3 sniper rifles, heavy bolter

Total

These are my two questionmarks on the list: carapace on the CCS (but I assume you intent to get them in Close combat)

And the sniper rifles on the Harker squad. If you're just using them has a fire base it might be cheaper just to give them camo cloaks, and drop Harker.

zealotic
05-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Thanks for posting
Harker, for 55 points, gives me a heavy bolter, infiltrate, and stealth for the squad, where as for 30 I get scout, stealth, and defensive grenades.

I like having the extra heavy weapon, and the fact that forward sentries doesn't give infiltrate is a big minus to me.

and I have carapace on the CCS because they keep dying when I throw them around the board. I put all those points in because I over use the squad on the board, if I could find the points for a priest with an eviscerator I would do it.

karandras
05-05-2010, 10:01 AM
I like the Catachan theme... I would drop the Sniper Rifles in Harker's Squad for Grenade Launchers... otherwise, you're missing out on the relentless benefit of Harker's H.Bolter and making the squad more one dimensional... that being said, I just am not a fan of Sniper Rifles... never seem to have any luck with them at all... even with Pathfinders...

Lord Azaghul
05-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Don't get me wrong I like Harker, but I usually field him in a melta/flamer vet squad in a chimera and outflank with 'em.

Priest: yeah I know what you mean. I never can find the point to get 'em in. Most of the time I'd rather have the 10man squad or the mortar squad.

If you drop 1 body guard, the carapace armour and trade the storm troopers for melta vets you can find the 60 points. (2 meltas on the vet squad, or drop a ratling or two)