PDA

View Full Version : A BA list Again again!!!

B-rock
05-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Dante 225

sanguinary guard 2 infernus pistols chapter banner 250

sanguinary priest (3) 150

assault marines(5) power weapon 115
razorback extra armor, lascannon 70

assault marines (5) power weapon 115
razor back extra armor, lascannon 70

assault marines (5) power weapon 115
razorback extra armor, lascannon 70

Baal predator extra armor, heavybolter,hunter killer missile 170

Baal predator extra armor, heavybolter,hunter killer missile 170

Baal predator extra armor, heavybolter 160

vindicator extra armor, siege shield 170

so i heard the Dante and guard combo works well so

the marines in the razors give anti tank and with the priest with them that gives them the killing ability on the roll to wound part

the Baals outflank and they are anti infantry and the killer missiles are a points user but cool if i get side armor

the vindicator well kills stuff

i think this list is a good anti tank and infantry and a little close combat commits plz

Tynskel
05-05-2010, 01:03 AM
I would ditch the third baal and replace with a Predator Destructor with Lascannon Sponsons. The Extra points can be used to equip the assault marine squads with meltaguns (2) and a flamer. The you could swap out a lascannon razorback for an Assault Cannon Razorback- gives you flexibility vs armor and infantry.

That'll round out the force more.

B-rock
05-05-2010, 06:43 AM
I would ditch the third baal and replace with a Predator Destructor with Lascannon Sponsons. The Extra points can be used to equip the assault marine squads with meltaguns (2) and a flamer. The you could swap out a lascannon razorback for an Assault Cannon Razorback- gives you flexibility vs armor and infantry.

That'll round out the force more.
ok i will look at the predator but i didnt give the assault marines meltas because i want more attacks in combat am i going about that wrong?

Tynskel
05-05-2010, 10:01 AM
The loss of some attacks can be traded for the kills made before combat begins.

Ex:
You are dealing with a squad of 30 ork boyz-- a flamer would be quite useful, trading up an attack for possibly more wounds.

I wouldn't ignore the special weapons. They cost points and attacks, but they really help a squad do what your ultimate goal is: killing mans!

If you are seriously worried about the loss of attacks, Blood Angels have access to a variety of kick butt pistols.

B-rock
05-05-2010, 05:25 PM
The loss of some attacks can be traded for the kills made before combat begins.

Ex:
You are dealing with a squad of 30 ork boyz-- a flamer would be quite useful, trading up an attack for possibly more wounds.

I wouldn't ignore the special weapons. They cost points and attacks, but they really help a squad do what your ultimate goal is: killing mans!

If you are seriously worried about the loss of attacks, Blood Angels have access to a variety of kick butt pistols.
this is true and meltas are assault i am sorry for my stupidity if i kill them with ap 1 before is way better and i am safer

so i really dont see y the dakka predator is any good i may be missing something but i like the baal better

Sandman2663
05-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I have to agree with Tynskel in regards to dropping the third Baal and picking up the Destructor not the Dakka Pred.
I have great success with 3 Dakka Preds but the BA has much better Heavy options.

I would drop the 2 HKM's and give one Rzbk an AssCannon. Give one priest a JP and put him with Dante. -5 points.
Drop a Baal and insert a Destructor. +25 points net +20 points.
Change one Baal to FlamestormC no SS HB if you plan on outflanking (I do and the AP3 wrecks Marines [dirty Long Fangs :mad:]). +30 points net +50 points.
Give all the Assault squads Flamers. -15 points net +35 points.
Give the Sanguinary Guard Death Masks and either Infernu pistol or upgrade one Assault squad from PW to PF. Even points.

Outflanking the Flame Baal and supported with the Drop Dante is sick provided you get the side you need.

Have you looked into Vanguard? I run 5 with PW Sgt Glaive and SS all Jump Packs. 245 points... I wreck Marines, Termies and Orks all day. As long as my Priest is close (Dante) they live to kill again.

B-rock
05-05-2010, 08:15 PM
I have to agree with Tynskel in regards to dropping the third Baal and picking up the Destructor not the Dakka Pred.
I have great success with 3 Dakka Preds but the BA has much better Heavy options.

I would drop the 2 HKM's and give one Rzbk an AssCannon. Give one priest a JP and put him with Dante. -5 points.
Drop a Baal and insert a Destructor. +25 points net +20 points.
Change one Baal to FlamestormC no SS HB if you plan on outflanking (I do and the AP3 wrecks Marines [dirty Long Fangs :mad:]). +30 points net +50 points.
Give all the Assault squads Flamers. -15 points net +35 points.
Give the Sanguinary Guard Death Masks and either Infernu pistol or upgrade one Assault squad from PW to PF. Even points.

Outflanking the Flame Baal and supported with the Drop Dante is sick provided you get the side you need.

Have you looked into Vanguard? I run 5 with PW Sgt Glaive and SS all Jump Packs. 245 points... I wreck Marines, Termies and Orks all day. As long as my Priest is close (Dante) they live to kill again.
dante and the guard deepstirke and dont scatter so y a drop pod

Sandman2663
05-05-2010, 08:30 PM
dante and the guard deepstirke and dont scatter so y a drop pod
Ummm... no drop pod. Dante and his tactical precision are what I was referring to...

B-rock
05-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Ummm... no drop pod. Dante and his tactical precision are what I was referring to...
ok sorry i read it that way so it is cool idk i like the baals i will have to really think about it

Sandman2663
05-05-2010, 08:41 PM
No worries.
I have played with 3 Baals and 3 Preds on top of Rzbk spam...works very well but you give up some KP and AV14 is challenging. But is shreds Orks and Bugs...:D

Duke
05-05-2010, 11:56 PM
I also really like my baals, but have found that an odd number of them isn't really a good thing. You really should be running with just two baals.

Also, I have never been a fan of upgrading thr razorbacks... I keep them cheap with heavy bolters. Seriously, with the amount if extras you have thrown in (extra armour and lascannon turrets) you could get a whole additional squad.

B-rock
05-06-2010, 06:32 AM
No worries.
I have played with 3 Baals and 3 Preds on top of Rzbk spam...works very well but you give up some KP and AV14 is challenging. But is shreds Orks and Bugs...:D
but how often do you see bugs and orks in tournys i mean i have not been to one in nearly a year so idk

but that is changing may 15th when the memphis bunker reopens

Sandman2663
05-06-2010, 06:38 AM
but how often do you see bugs and orks in tournys i mean i have not been to one in nearly a year so idk

Well, with the new Bug dex and the changes to the Deffrolla...I expect to see half dozen or more combined at our LGS. We have some die hard Ork players and many new bug players. Granted most of our peeps are Marines of some variant and IG.
Locally a bug player has been winning tourneys all year since before the new dex. I haven't played him yet but both tourneys we were in together I was right behind him in points by less than 5 and we were both well ahead of the rest of the pack.

B-rock
05-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Well, with the new Bug dex and the changes to the Deffrolla...I expect to see half dozen or more combined at our LGS. We have some die hard Ork players and many new bug players. Granted most of our peeps are Marines of some variant and IG.
Locally a bug player has been winning tourneys all year since before the new dex. I haven't played him yet but both tourneys we were in together I was right behind him in points by less than 5 and we were both well ahead of the rest of the pack.
i can see this bug thing being a porblem but i know the community here there are few orks is any and bugs now days look so deadly with the trygon and the stupid wound gains mind killer thing of doom

Sandman2663
05-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Bugs aren't bad to play. Doom of Malan'tai is relatively easy to kill with shooty. I have only lost to bugs once playing Marines (usually Vulkan of double Libby list). Concentrate on the MC with your high S low AP shots. Kill a Trygon in proximity to the spawn and they disappear...

I know I will see at least two multiple Deffrolla/KFF lists on the 15th...

B-rock
05-06-2010, 03:03 PM
what is on the 15th for you up there