PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels 'Ard Boyz

Sandman2663
05-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Hello all,
I have only been a reader until now.
Here is my current list for 'Ard Boyz - CC welcome.
So far 8-0-1: Draw was poor reserve rolls due to Master of Fleet.

Mephiston
Priest JP PW
Furioso Blood Talons HF Mg EA
Storm Raven AssC SS HurB BSMx4 MM

TermA x5 2 LC 3 TH/SS
Priest TermA

Storm Raven LasC Typhoon BSMx4

Baal AssC SS HB

Speeder MMx2

Assault x5 Fl + Rzbk LasC
Assault x5 Fl + Rzbk LasC
Assault x5 Fl + Rzbk AssC
Assault x5 Fl + LRR MM

Let me know what you guys/girls think please. I look forward to it.
Thanks

Eusebius Rex
05-05-2010, 07:47 AM
I don't think you can put Mephy and the JP Priest in the same transport. Mephy is not an IC and though the priest is, but you still can't attach an IC to unit made of a single model - P48 of the little RB (top right paragraph).

Sucks, I know - I tried to do the same thing to The Sanguinor and a priest and got corrected. What you might do to get the same desired effect is change one of your assault squads to jump Inantry and attach the priest to them. That way, on turn two when you have Mephy in assault range you can drop (using DoA) the assault squad with priest attached next to mephy in a way that he is within 6" of the priest during the assault phase and he still get furious charge and FnP - not to mention the priest getting ablative wounds (Assault Marines) he wouldn't have with Mephy.

Other than that, I think the 3rd Stormraven should be given up for another Furioso Dread on the 2nd Stormraven because stormravens are wasted if you don't have 2 units assaulting out of them. That might give you more points to take a few more dudes, too.

Sandman2663
05-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Thank you Rex for the clarification. I thought Mephiston was an IC as well...crap.
The 3rd SR is primarily used as a transport popper or to deal with MC at range.

I dont have the slots for a 2nd Furiouso...

Tynskel
05-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Just from the get go, I see three Stormravens and a Land Raider. That's 900 points in 4 vehicles. A little risky- but then again, 'Ard Boyz is about being risky.

You only have one dreadnought. I am hesitant to use storm ravens without their full transport capacity, just because you have already paid for the capacity.

I like the priest n the terminator squad--- gets a wide grin from me!

Recommendations:
Ditch the third stormraven, ditch the flying sanguinary priest. (+315)

Take 1 Priests on foot- put them in the razorbacks. (-50)
Take a Furioso w/Hv F, Ex Ar, Blood Talons, Magna Grapple (-165)
Add Extra Armor to the two Stormravens (-30)
Add 3 Power Weapons and a Powerfist to the Assault Squads. (-70)\

That's one thing you can do, here's another:
Ditch the third stormraven, ditch the flying sanguinary priest. (+315)

Take one priest on foot (-50)
Take a Predator Destructor with Lascannon Sponsons (-135)
Take a Furioso with Blood Talons (-125)
Upgrade one assault squad to a meltagun (-5)

Sir Biscuit
05-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Tynskels advice is solid, but I'd throw this on to it:

Find 30 points, and turn your new foot priest into Brother Corbulo. You can use his re-roll on the die for first turn. Going first in 2500 is important, especially if you're running three Ravens, you'll need the moving fast obscurement against "alpha-strike" armies. His big statline and specials are just icing on the cake.

Tynskel
05-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Tynskels advice is solid, but I'd throw this on to it:

Find 30 points, and turn your new foot priest into Brother Corbulo. You can use his re-roll on the die for first turn. Going first in 2500 is important, especially if you're running three Ravens, you'll need the moving fast obscurement against "alpha-strike" armies. His big statline and specials are just icing on the cake.

That's a good idea too! Corbulo is a sweet option.

Some tactical advice-- keep a Furioso near Mephiston all battle (if you can). He is awesome sauce, but he is largely a character/vehicle killer. With a Blood Talon Furioso watching his back, Mephiston won't get stuck in combat with large ork squads, ect, that will prevent him from 'hunting'.

Sandman2663
05-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Thank you all for the input.

'I like the priest n the terminator squad--- gets a wide grin from me!' - FNP Termies are just sick! :D

After Rex's initial post I made some changes...lemme know

Mephiston
Furioso Blood Talons HF Mg EA
Storm Raven AssC SS HurB BSMx4 MM EA

TermA x5 2 LC 3 TH/SS
Corbulo

Baal AssC SS HB - sometimes Outflanking
Baal AssC SS HB
Speeder MMx2 - usually riding piggyback to the two Storm Ravens

Assault x5 Fl + Rzbk LasC - Objective holders
Assault x5 Fl + Rzbk LasC - Objective holders
Assault x10 Mgx2 PF
Assault x10 Mgx2 PF

Predator Destructor - Thanks Tynskel I love the Predator but the Storm Raven had me blinded with love.

The only thing I am hesitant about is the lack of AP3 template, I love the LRR and I am assuming Marine-killers would be important...I could change one Baal to Flamestorm...

Tynskel
05-05-2010, 02:51 PM
I am counting 2545--- 45 points over at the moment (that's including the pred destructor).

bigrob281
05-05-2010, 05:07 PM
my suggestion is maybe take DC instead of the termies it would free up the slot to get another dread . and in my opinion DC hit pretty hard themselfs and you dont need a priest .

Sandman2663
05-05-2010, 05:55 PM
I am counting 2545--- 45 points over at the moment (that's including the pred destructor).

Well lets see if the new Builder has bugs...

Mephiston - 250
Furioso Blood Talons HF Mg EA - 150
Storm Raven AssC SS HurB BSMx4 MM EA - 245

TermA x5 2 LC 3 TH/SS - 215
Corbulo - 105
Storm Raven AssC SS HurB BSMx4 MM - 230

Baal AssC SS HB Dozer - 150
Speeder MMx2 - 80

Assault x5 Fl + Rzbk LasC - 160
Assault x10 Mgx2 PF - 235

Predator Destructor - 135

2500 on the button...:confused:

my suggestion is maybe take DC instead of the termies it would free up the slot to get another dread . and in my opinion DC hit pretty hard themselfs and you dont need a priest .

I usually run DCx5 all PW and Chaplain or Lemartes in a Rzbk AssC and they slaughter what they kill and keep going but when I come into Init higher than mine I die...the Termies give me some give back with the Inv saves. I actually had all three in the list to start...Meph, DC and TermA...even had TermA x10...not much else...

Sandman2663
05-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Made a little change today:
Mephiston - 250
Furioso Blood Talons HF Mg EA - 150 Love 'em...x6 TermA squad in one round of combat.:D

TermA x5 2 LC 3 TH/SS - 215
Corbulo - 105 might change him...didn't really use him for the points.

Speeder MMx2 - 80
Speeder MMx2 - 80

Assault x5 Fl + LRR MM - 320

Predator Destructor - 135

Worked well...against marines, Annihilation win turn 4. I think it will work for horde as well. The AP3 is critical I think especially if they get into your lines (Droppod). Reserve everything but the lone objective holders (maybe) seems to be the key for BA.