PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions...

atreides
08-07-2009, 11:36 PM
1. Does a unit that fires and then assaults have to assault the unit it targeted? I know it used to be that way. I was going back through the book and didn't see anything saying it still was.

2. Correct me if I am wrong, but a Marine Chapter Master/Commander who opts to take Terminator armor cannot have a relic blade. Why not?

Thanks in advance.

ChaosLord127
08-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Answer 1: pg 33 of the core rulebook (the paragraph right above the picture of a SM smashing an eldar in the face it says, and I quote: "In addition to the above, a unit that fired in the shooting phase can only assault the unit it shot at- it cannot assault a different unit to the one it previously shot at. However, see the exception over the page for multiple targets".

Answer 2: Donno, don't play space marines

JuiceSpringsteen!
08-07-2009, 11:57 PM
@#1 Chaoslord is correct

@#2 pg. 131 of Codex Space Marine -" Replace Bolt Pistol and/or Chainsword with...... Relic Blade-30 pts"
It then goes on to say "Replace Power Armour, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Frag and Krak Grenades with Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter, and Power Sword- 40 pts"

So to get a relic blade, you have to swap your bolt pistol or chainsword, but if you want terminator armour you have to replace both the Bolt pstol and the chainsword. So, no, Termis can't have ******* swords:(

JuiceSpringsteen!
08-08-2009, 12:00 AM
hmmm it censured the name of that type of sword.... Well if you were wondering what that was it rhymes with astard

ChaosLord127
08-08-2009, 12:31 AM
haha I just realized I answered your question 4 minutes after you asked. Points for ChaosLord!

atreides
08-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Answer 1: pg 33 of the core rulebook (the paragraph right above the picture of a SM smashing an eldar in the face it says, and I quote: "In addition to the above, a unit that fired in the shooting phase can only assault the unit it shot at- it cannot assault a different unit to the one it previously shot at. However, see the exception over the page for multiple targets".

Thanks. I thought as much. Just didn't see it and a guy can hope, can't he? :)

ChaosLord127
08-08-2009, 12:19 PM
No problem, and there are some units that can charge what they don't shoot. Some tzeentch daemons can, but I'm not sure about any others.

Gotthammer
08-08-2009, 01:01 PM
There is the way of looking at it like an Ork Nob in a shoota boyz mob getting a klaw. The GW FAQ states that he replaces his klaw (which replaces his choppa) first, then the unit is upgraded to shootas (replacing slugga and choppa). As the Nob has no choppa he doesn't recieve his upgrade.

Of course the counter argument is that you then can't take the armour upgrade, but the counter counter is that you have to pay 30pts for the Relic Blade, but don't get any points off for not taking the sword. I'd be fine with that in a tourney if the full points were paid, and in a friendly I'd let you knock off the cost of the PS.

Not a foolproof argument, but it may help convince and opponent to let you do it.