Core:
750 4 Panther As

285 3 Panzer IVs

Weapon Platoons:
110 2 Sd Kfz 7/1 (Quad 2cm) with upgraded armor

Support:
190 2 Fallschirmjager squads, command panzerfaust team

125 Rocket Launcher Battery, 1 section with three launchers

100 Panzerspah Patrol 2 Sd Kfz 234/2 (Puma)

total 1750 on the dot

Warhawk-77
06-19-2010, 07:16 AM
Not a bad list but from what have seen 4 pathers are a bit much. I would do 3 and grab 2 more Pz4.

Unless you are facing soviets the Pz4 can kill anything Allies throw at you (Well not the churchhill with armor 13) and gives you more MG when facing infantry. If you are thinking you will face more tanks swap for Stugs

Aldramelech
06-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Looks good. I'd not bother with the Pumas and spend the extra on more infantry, but thats just me.

Should be able to handle most things.

Jovian1
06-22-2010, 01:10 PM
A bit weak on infantry in my opinion, the Panthers are nice, but pricey. I'd expand the PzIV's out a bit - they have great fire power and are relatively cheap. Expand the infantry and drop the Panzerspah platoons in favor of more infantry for better staying power.

The main issues I see with your force is that a competent opponent can force you to take a company morale check quickly if you get caught with an immediate ambush or ambush in a scenario. The panzerspah platoon is only two vehicles, - both of which can be destroyed in a single volley from Shermans or T-34's. The rocket launchers and AA platforms could be easily eliminated by an artillery strike, and there you are looking to hide your Panthers and Pz IV's for the rest of the game. Either platoon gets seriously damaged and you fail a platoon morale check, it is game over. Germans need more infantry in late war tournament armies to make sure they are still around to hold the ground.

Everyone knows that Panthers are tough tanks - frontally - but they are paper tigers on the side. A Soviet force of T-34's can move at the double past you if necessary and then behind terrain, so they can get at your weak side or rear armor. Further, they can be nearly out of range when they start their move, and be on top of you in one turn. Yes, you will kill a few, but in late war, you can't usually kill enough of them to prevent them from getting on your side. This leads to dead cats in a hurry! So, be mindful of the value of infantry - they are great on the defensive and you can use them to deny objectives to your enemy while your tanks do the heavy lifting of capturing the objective in the enemy deployment zone.

Eusebius Rex
07-02-2010, 12:26 PM
OK, so my opinion differs quite a bit from those above. One thing you will find out in FoW is there is a pretty well balanced and sometimes annoying rock/paper/scissors kinda thing going on. This is great because everything has something that can kill it and that includes infantry, too. You just gotta know how to do it.

I like where you are headed with the list and I know that panzer ko's can be pretty successful both against elite infantry and heavy tanks if the units are applied correctly - even w/out supporting infantry whatsoever.

So, here are a few tweaks to your list that I recommend:

1750 Panzerkompanie Confident Veteran

HQ:
190 - 2 Panzer IVs (great choice, I've always been a StuG man myself, but the German mediums are excelent point:firepower choices)

Core:
560 - 3 Panther As (bring this down to just 3 Panthers - they can easily be enough to take on up to 9 IS-2s - which are the strongest tank you'll have to face with germans)

475 - 5 Panzer IVs (we put the points from the 4th Panther here so you have a good 7 tank assaulting force - 1iC, 2iC, and 5 platoon tanks)

Weapon Platoons:
110 - 2 Sd Kfz 7/1 (Quad 2cm) with upgraded armor

Support:
250 - 3 Fallschirmjager squads (FJ are the best bang for you buck FV infantry around so if you take them, take ALL of them to really get the best value - leave the Pfaust at home with this list cause your tanks ARE the AT and you need that 15pts)

95 - Rocket Launcher Battery, 1 section with two launchers (crazy aren't I? one thing I've noticed is that a medium Panzerko needs to be fast to succeed. Most likely you only will need the Nebs for smoke in order to assault infantry with tanks and so getting the no-reroll template on bombardment is usually w/out use.

70 Panzerspah Patrol 2 Sd Kfz 222 (Yeah, these cars are not as cool as the Puma, but they only need to keep the baddies away for 3 turns and then your in the backfield)

total 1750 on the dot

OK, and plenty of others will disagree with the changes i made, but I wanted to keep what you had there already and just tweak it. I myself, do Medium Panzers quite a bit differently, but I have fielded similar lists.

Against infantry, the Key to this company is to focus ALL of it on as narrow a front as possible that gives you the best cover during movement and the greatest potential to assault the o b j e ctive as soon as possible. that 7 tank big hammer can hurt them and the 10 stands of FJ following up will really help you hold it.

DO NOT BE AFRAID TO DOUBLE MOVE. Double move only gives double dice in the direct fire SHOOTING chapter of the rulebook, so aircraft and arty bombardments aren't to be worried about. Get over there and kick someone's teeth in about 3 turns and you will win fast before they have time to react with thier slow infantry. Be aggressive, take chances - ask yourself WWRD (What Would Rommel Do).

Against tank list - just do the stormtrooper shuffle until they are all dead :)