PDA

View Full Version : Yet another ard boyz ig list.

Dbrinson
05-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Ok think i have a good base on what i am running. and i know it is a lot of kill points just weighing the fact should i take a daemon hunter inquistor with mystic squad or not here is the run down

Company Command
Astropath
2x sniper
1x autocannon
Chimera ML HB + Heavy stubber

Infantry platoon
Command Squad
2x GL
1x Autocannon

Infantry Squad 1
Melta Gun
Autocannon

Infantry Squad 2
Melta Gun
Autocannon

Infantry Squad 3
Melta Gun
Autocannon

Infantry Platoon 2
Command Squad
Al Raheim
Medic
2x Flamer
1x Melta
1x Commissar w/ pw
1x priest w/ evisorator
Chimera ML HF+ Heavy stubber

Infantry Squad 4
Melta Gun
Chimera ML HF + Heavy stubber

Infantry Squad 5
Melta Gun
Chimera ML HF + Heavy stubber

Infantry Squad 6
Melta Gun
Chimera ML HB+ Heavy stubber

Fast Attack

Devil Dog w/ hull MM

Devil Dog w/ hull MM

Elites

Psyker Battle Squad Full

Psyker Battle Squad Full

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Demolisher
Hull Lascannon
Plasma Cannon Sponsons

Leman Russ Demolisher
Hull Lascannon
Plasma Cannon Sponsons

That is
15 pieces of armor
11 of them are chimeras
7 melta guns
6 autocannons
2 sniper rifles
11 multi lasers
8 heavy bolters
2 multi melts
11 heavy stubbers
4 plasma cannons
couple flamers and Gls

my fields is looking like
1 nids
2 BA
1 SM
1 necrons
random marine list.

think on the inquistor
changing russ sponsons and i still have some pts to boot APRX 90 pts
thinking on the rahiem thing
models availiable pretty much everything other than artillery unless it is a basilisk. no hydra's or deathstrikes?

Lord Azaghul
05-06-2010, 02:04 PM
You've spent far too much on transports, and have vitrually no ranged anti tank of your own.

2 Units of pykers are kind of pointless with out the inquistion.

Turn 1 you opponents are killing your devil dogs, you can shoot at almost nothing back, or fire single AC shots (WHICH CAN'T TAKE ORDERS 'CAUSE YOU'RE IN A VEHICLE)

Al Rahiem is ok, but i've had him refuse to show up until turn 4 or later, and list doesn't have enough fire power to last that long with half you army off the table!

You've be better of with Creed, and Harker to gain some outflanking units.

Just a few first impressions.

karandras
05-06-2010, 02:50 PM
I would bring the Inquisitor with mystics and maybe even throw in a callidus with this many points to play with. Maybe even throw in a cullexus with the 2 full psyker battle squads he'd be like an assault 20 str 5 ap 2 weapon at bs 5!!! Good luck. Hope I don't have to play any mech spam with 14 tanks here in my neck of the woods!!!

Dbrinson
05-11-2010, 02:44 PM
ok so i built i played and tested rewrote and played. and here is the jist

Creed 90
Command Squad 50
Lascannon 20
Chimera ML HB HS 65

Veteran 70
2x Melta 20
Demolitions 30
Lascannon 20
Chimera ML HB HS 65

Vetran 70
1x melta 10
lascannnon 20
Chimera ML HB HS 65

Infantry Platoon
PCS 30
Autocannon 10
Chimera ML HB HS 65

Infantry squad 50
melta 10
autocannon 10
Chimera ML HF HS 65

Infantry squad 50
melta 10
autocannon 10
Chimera ML HF HS 65

Infantry squad 50
melta 10
autocannon 10
Chimera ML HF HS 65

Psykers 8 man 100
Chimera ML HB 55

Psyker 8 man 100
Chimera ML HB 55

Inquister BP CCW PH 42
3x mystics 36
3x warriors with melta 60
Riding in Vendetta 130

Devil Dog 120
MM 15

Devil Dog 120
MM 15

Leman Russ Demolisher 165
Plasma Cannons 40
Heavy Bolter 0

Leman Russ Demolisher 165
Plasma Cannons 40
Heavy Bolter 0

Manticore 160

is 2493 which i will prolly jsut spend in upgraded buying MB's auspexs and the like

Plan is to first evaluate if they are deepstrikng then deploy either my double melta demo team or the inquistor in the vendetta and scouting it and also scouting a russ or devil dog. then just give em H*ll the first turn. just targetting and taking out key items like land raider or key tanks. If swarm is the opponent just play the sit back and shoot then use vendetta to get some guys on top of the key things to be killed.
i know one vendetta is expected to do alot but i have tried it and if the waste time shooting it then the demolishers are eating them alive not to mention the psykers or manticore. 16 vehicle and handfull of dude hope it works.

Lord Azaghul
05-11-2010, 03:07 PM
You've spent far too much on transports, and have vitrually no ranged anti tank of your own.

Turn 1 you opponents are killing your devil dogs, you can shoot at almost nothing back, or fire single AC shots (WHICH CAN'T TAKE ORDERS 'CAUSE YOU'RE IN A VEHICLE)

Just a few first impressions.

Quoted myself to reiterate

You may want to read the Ard Boyz rules. I believe the 3rd mission makes those transporst worth ALOT of KP.

Creed is pointless unless he has someone to give orders too, and you can't give orders to a unit embarked in a transport.

If your taking the inquistion, take the assassin as well.

Scouting a single vendetta is a good way to get it killed first turn.

Sinistermind
05-11-2010, 10:46 PM
yup this years missions only include 1 KP mission but all vehicles except walkers are 3 KPS, along with anything else that moves more than 6" in a single phase not including running!!!! (saying this with a grin since i play nids) so its severley biased against mech armies, i played a chaos player today and was one KP from a massacre and he only had 2 land raiders and 2 rhinos, and a flying prince so that got me 15 KP right there, i cant wait!!!!

anyways sorry for drifting, the list seems solid, creed is IFFY in this list, but i like the heavy loadout, only thing i would switch is maybe a medusa for one of the demolishers. other than that i think your good to go,
GOODLUCK

kellyj
05-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Having a melta gun and Auto cannon in the same squad is pointless. Unless someone is stupid enough to hang out inside 12" you will never get the melta shot...and if you move up to shoot the melta you can't shoot the AC.
If your hellbent on putting these guys in transports, drop the Squad Autocannons and Manticore and buy Heavy Weapon Squads as part of the Platoon.
You can probably get 3 sets of 3...6 Autocannons and 3 Lascannons. These guys can also hang back in cover while holding your home objective in round 1 and your Tablecorner in 2 (they count as 3 seperate units) so your transports can move out and bumrush the other corners. The Las also gives you the chance to kill LandRaiders...leaving the Demolishers to deal with the squishy troops who just had to jump out. Not to mention C'Tans, Avatars, Monoliths, Deamon Princes, Zoes, and other nastyness best dealt with at 48" range.

Dbrinson
05-12-2010, 10:18 AM
well thanks for the input all. i have found that creed is not essential for orders he is more has more value as in scouting the demolisher. from what i have tried i have found they are to busy shooting at my suicide squad or my russ to worry about shooting at the vendetta. i have yet to see it get downed.( now that said it will happen). i have had the luck to be able to play all three missions and i found that in mission 3 depending on opponent i no deploy or just give it everything because from what i am seeing i have had more fire power than my opponent. also i thought the same on the melta and autocannon being in the same squad but it is more for the multi role depending on opponent to sit back or go straight in. I might sit down and hammer it out and just get more dedicated with the unit and figure out what i can run in its place. and i would love to have some medusa's just lack those models.