PDA

View Full Version : Erasmus' BA

Erasmus of Baal
05-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Okay, I know that because of my timing, y'all are probably all sick of BA lists. Please, bear it out just a little longer for this idea from a local noob-idiot.

HQ:
Captain, 100 points
Librarian, Terminator armor + storm bolter, 130 points

Elites:
Terminator squad, heavy flamer, 105 points
Terminator squad, assault cannon, 130 points
3 Sanguinary Priests, one of which is Brother Corbulo

Troops:
Tactical Squad, +5 Marines + flamer + missile launcher, 170 points
Tactical Squad, +5 Marines + flamer + missile launcher, 170 points
Scout squad, shotguns + heavy bolter + locator beacon, 125 points
Scout squad, shotguns + heavy bolter + locator beacon, 125 points
Death Company, +2 Marines + boltguns + jump packs

Heavy Support:
Dreadnought

Total: 1710, leaving room for adjustment in most games

Based, in case you couldn't tell, largely upon Space Hulk and Assault on Black Reach. The idea is objective-based, but is easily manipulated to fit the mission. In the 5-objective game, the Tactical Squads stand back with a Sanguinary Priest each and hold objectives, with the Cpatian (using his boltgun) and Dreadnought hang around to support them. The scouts move forward with Brother Corbulo to take the center objective, summoning the Terminators and the Librarian when appropriate. The Death Company serve as troubleshooters, landing where they need to using DoA or using a locator beacon to assist the central assault.

How badly does it suck?

BrPrometheus
05-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Your points for the terminator squads is off as they are 200 points base not 100.

I am not a fan of their tactical squads when their assualt squads are so much better.

I am not a fan of their scout squads as for the points their regular marines are so much better.

I am not a fan of the death company having jump packs as they are so expensive. Use a drop pod and they are cheaper.

All in all I think for competitive purposes this list as quite a few flaws. That said these are the models you have. If you are not willing to buy more go play with these and figure out how to make them win. If you were looking for advice I would say the following:

Turn your terminators into assualt terminators.

Trade out your scouts for assualt marines

Take the jump packs off your death company and give them a drop pod.

Drop the tacticals, tunr one into a devestator unit with missle luanchers and one into another assualt squad.

Drop the commander.

Either way good luck! and have fun!

Erasmus of Baal
05-06-2010, 04:32 PM
The terminators were totaled up as 200, 100 was a typo in that post only.

I see where the assault squads (assault termies, etc.) are easily better, but the point of this is a heavy focus on stand-and-shoot. The idea is to hold against all comers and letting the enemy come and get trampled.

The Scouts have shotguns. Logical reasoning is that they can move and shoot, but it's really just that I'm a graduate of the DOOM games and really like shotguns. :D

The Death Company have the jump packs so that they can move around and troubleshoot even after they've landed.

This is actually more than the models that I have--I was looking for a way to make what I have into an effective force by filling other slots (mostly because while I am willing to go out and get more models, I'm short on cash right now and that's not looking to change, so I'm trying to keep it low). Also, I've been interested for a while in making a BA army focused around Sanguinary Priests making the force harder to get rid of.

The Captain is largely just for using what I have, I'll drop him before anything else. I agree with you on that, at the very least.

Overall, I see where you're coming from, but hey, I'm new. I'll work on it, and thanks for the input! :)