PDA

View Full Version : Another BA army list Jump/Drop variant

Mykyl
05-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Ok, here is a list I am startig to build on the presumption of getting up in your face.

Commander Dante 225 points
Honour Squad 220 points
Sanguinary Novitiate
Honour Guard x3 (with Plasma Guns)
Honour Guard (with Meltagun)
Squad has Jump-Packs

{ I bellive this is an awesome combo for either taking out armor or character head-hunting because with Dante's Tactical Precision he and the squad does not scatter so place him and his squad 1" away and say HI THERE!!!}

Furioso Librarian Dread 245 points
Heavy Flame
Pyschic Power Blood Lance and Wings of Sanquimius
Magna-Grapple
Drop Pod with locator Beacon

Furioso Librarian Dread 245 points
Heavy Flamer
Pyschic Power Blood Lance and Wings of Sanquimius
Magna-Grapple
Drop Pod with locator Beacon

{ These things are BEASTS! And the Blood Lance is a great power, also Who doesn't like the idea of a Jumping Dreads??? And Magna-Grapples love the saying "Come over here!!!"}

Sanguinary Guard 250 points
5 Sanguinary Guard (x2 Plasma Pistols, x2 Infernus Pistol and x1 Power Fist)

{ To me just a cool looking squad and they have that nice 2+ armour save. Also they are considered troops in a Dantes List.}

10man Assualt Squad 235 points
Jump Packs
Meltagun x2
Sergeant has a Power Fist

{ Combat Squad this use 5 Assualt Marines in 1 squad and the other 5man 2 meltaguns/Power Fist to do some extra damage.}

5man Assualt Squad 135 points
Jump Packs
Meltagun x1

5man Assualt Squad 135 points
Jump Packs
Meltagun x1

{ Just 5man squads and letting them do their thing.}

Dreadnought 160 points
Blood Fist w/ Heavy Flamer
Multi-Melta
Drop Pod w/ Locator Beacon

Total 1850 Points

With Locator Beacons no need to roll that 1D6" scatter. Also first turn your having 2 Drop Pods coming down and then another coming down later.
So I end up with
1 HQ
2 Elites
4/5 troops ( if I combat squad the 10man squad
1 Heavy

If I want to go 2000 points I would just add another Dread in a Drop Pod.

Eusebius Rex
05-06-2010, 09:15 PM
5man Assualt Squad 153 points
Jump Packs
Meltagun x2

I am pretty sure you can't put 2x Meltaguns in a 5 man squad. You can put 1x Meltagun and 1x infernus pistol with the Sgt, however.

But, I am thinking you probably meant:

5man Assualt Squad 135 points (switch the 3 and 5?)
Jump Packs
Meltagun x1

Mykyl
05-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Your right corrected what I missed.

Eusebius Rex
05-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Oh, but to give feedback:

I like the list - has a good death from above feel. I am tryihg to do the same with mixing Furioso Blood Talon types in with the Assault squads to give them that much more of a CC kick. I also like Vanguard, but damn those dudes are still pricey.

I like your honorguard - great idea with Dante - gives you precision killing on MCs and HQs - very nice.

Mykyl
05-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks. I started pricing it out and it comes under 450.00 to build from scratch. Unless I want to do FW dread drop pods three of them costs 265.00 tooo pricy for me lol

Tynskel
05-07-2010, 03:24 PM
The Honor Guard idea is the right application of Plasma and Meltaguns. Awesome Sauce. 6 Plasma Shots and 2 Melta shots should be able to punch just about any armor/big beastie.

Vanguard are pricey- however, look at what they can do-- 10 man squad with power weapons and a nearby sanguinary priest will take down a wraithlord/trygon on the turn they enter. Yowzers!

Mykyl
05-07-2010, 05:38 PM
The Vanguard squad is pricy alright but you get to tweek them out the way you want. But its not a SCORING unit. As it is right now I have 4 unless you combat squad the 10man making 5 scoring units. And from what I saw at Adepticon this year you want scoring units the most.