PDA

View Full Version : 'Ard boyz space marine list: warning! Quirky

Grey Templar
05-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Hi there. First post on BOLS and would appreciate any input on my 'Ard boyz list

HQ
Librarian (Epistolary, Terminator armor and storm shield(Null zone, Avenger) 190 pts

Troops
10 man tactical squad (Power fist, Melta gun, Lascannon, Rhino(HK missile) 255 pts
10 man tactical squad (Power fist, Melta gun, Lascannon, Rhino(HK missile) 255 pts
5 man scout squad (powerfist, 2 shotguns, 2 ccws and BPs) 100 pts

Elites
5 Assault Terminators (TH/SS) 200 pts
Landraider transport 250 pts
Dreadnought (TL-lascannon, missile launcher) 145 pts

Fast Attack
2 Land speeders (2 typhoon missile launchers, 2 heavy bolters) 180 pts

Deamonhunter allies

HQ
Grandmaster (psycannon, psychic hood, auspex, melta bombs) 202 pts
4 Terminator bodyguards (psycannon) 209 pts

Troops
Grey Knights: Justicar and 7 GKs (1 psycannon, auspex, melta bombs) 257 pts
Grey Knights: Justicar and 7 GKs (1 psycannon, auspex, melta bombs) 257 pts

Total=2500 pts

The plan is.

Librarian goes with TH/SS terminators in the LR. Tac squads combat squad(lascannons form a fire base and hold any home objectives) and move up in Rhinos behind the LR.

Scouts outflank, give some Powerfist love to any enemy tanks hiding in the enemy deployment zone and basically cause as much havoc as they can when they arrive.

Grey Knights provide heavy fire advancing up a flank as the Transports advance up the center.

Landspeeders are a multi-purpose Fire support/annoyance unit for laying down large quantities of firepower down range.

What does BolS think?

eagleboy7259
05-06-2010, 09:51 PM
I am personally against slogging grey knights, especially the power armored kind. They are expensive and fragile for their cost and in all reality not really all that dang good at assault. At 2500pts you're really only bringing a single Land Raider and Dreadnought as your armor, and those will get popped in a heart beat against most lists at this level. Realistically if you are planning on brining one Land Raider you should take another one, or just forget about the whole thing all together. It'll force your opponent to split his ranged anti-tank and in theory make you more survivable. I'd either mech up or mech out as games this big are really a who gets the first turn kind of thing and you could see your entire army back in its boxes by the time your turn comes around.

That's the other thing, at 2500pts, especially at 'ard boyz in 5th ed there is no way that you can deal with mech with that little anti-tank. Psycannons just aren't that good when it comes down to it. S6 is too weak to even be consistent at popping transports and with all that cover unless you're really worried about fighting demons its special effect will just be wasted. Most good Inv. critters have a 3++ or at least power armor or better. Realistically the only unit I see the psycannon being good against is the foot slogging Seer Council.

If you need anti-troop real bad what I would do is take 2x Full Devastators with either heavy bolters, MM, or missile launchers for the same cost and a Master of the Forge and hide them away in cover. I would look to use something other than Demonhunters to bulk out that much of your list as that's really where the problem is.