PDA

View Full Version : 1750 khorne daemons

MuNsTeNbRaU
08-08-2009, 07:08 AM
This is for fun as i think that khorne is the best god that there is.

Bloodthirster - 250
Bloodthirster - 250

3 flamers - 105 (i know that they not khorne but i really like using them)
3 bloodcrushers - 120

16 bloodletters - 256
8 bloodletters - 128
8 bloodletters - 128
8 bloodletters - 128

soul grinder - 135
daemon prince, iron hide, mark of khorne - 125
daemon prince, iron hide, mark of khorne - 125

so thats 11 units, I tried to be as themed as possible. So what do you all think?

Chumbalaya
08-08-2009, 11:02 AM
I think you need Flesh Hounds or Furies. Khorne has nothing to deal with mech or fast units beyond throwing a Bloodthirster at it, so you'll need speedy units to help close, tie the enemy down, and make like easier for your Bloodletters to mop up.

N-Bomb
08-14-2009, 06:57 PM
I would drop the flamers to make it fluffy.
Change the Bloodletters to 16, 15, 14, you lose a unit (and a kill point) but gain units with more staying power. I know you lose a little bit of the fluffy numbers, but now you have 3 more powerful units and also enough points to give the soul grinder Phlegm or Tongue as you see fit. (or you could run 15, 15, 15).
Mech shouldn't be a huge deal with 4 MCs anda Soul Grinder. Horde armies could cause problems if you can't do enough wounds or you get bogged down especially on the Daemon Princes.

Chaos
08-16-2009, 02:15 PM
yeah loose the flamers and otherwise i like it

epoch7
08-17-2009, 08:29 PM
yeah lose the flamers and otherwise i like it

Do not lose the flamers. Deep strike them close and you can do WAY more than 100 points worth of units in damage using breath of chaos.

I agree with the 3 Bloodletter units. Not only will they survive a couple rounds of fire, they will draw a lot of it. Your bloodcrushers will also draw fire. You may want to find some Chaos Icons in there to help bring the BC's closer, because your enemies will run even from 3 of them.

Bloodthirsters and DPs can hurt mech. The soul grinder is practically unfair. I run two of them even in 1500 point armies.

Also if you're worried about mech then run 3 Fiends of Slaanesh instead. I know its a Khorne army, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Thats 15 extra points too.