PDA

View Full Version : Need Help 1500 pts BA tourney list.

Warpath
05-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi, theres a small tournament coming up here in my country and i cant decide what list to choose. The tournament consits on 3 games, 1 of each mission. Now im gonna post 3 lists, but on theese 3 lists the only HQ is Mephiston, and i really want to play it cause its my favourite character, all the way from the early days of 2nd Ed. If you think i can upgrade any of the lists somehow, please feel free to express it, all your thoughts are welcome. :)

1st List
Mephiston 250pts

Assault Squad x10 230pts
1 melta, 1 flamer, 1 Power fist

Assault Squad x10 230pts
1 melta, 1 flamer, 1 flamer pisto & Power Weapon

Tactical Squad x10 250pts
1 melta, Misil Launcher, Power fist, Rhino

Baal Predator 145pts
Assault cannon, Heavy bolter sponsors

Baal Predator 145pts

Furioso Dreadnought 170pts
blood talons, drop pod

Sanguinary Priest x1 90pts
Jump Pack, Power Weapon

Total 1500

2nd List
Mephiston 250pts

Assault Squad x10 230pts

Assault Squad x10 230pts
1 melta, 1 flamer, 1 flamer pistol, 1 power sword, Melta Bombs

Assault Squad x5 165pts
1 melta, Razorback with Assault Cannon

Assault Squad x5 165pts

1 Predator Baal 145pts

Furioso Dreadnought 170pts
Blood Talons, Drop pod

Sanguinary Priests x2 150pts
Jump Pack, Power Weapon

Total 1500pts

3rd List
Mephiston 250pts

Assault Squad x10 230pts

Assault Squad x10 235pts
1 melta, 1 flamer, 1 flamer pistol, 1 power sword, Melta Bombs

Assault Squad x5 165pts

Death Company x6 225pts
2 power weapons, 1 power fist, Rhino

Predator Baal 145

Land Speeder 100pts
Multi-melta, Assault Cannon

Chaplain 100pts

Sanguinary Priest 50pts

Total 1500pts

Sandman2663
05-09-2010, 06:54 AM
I love 1500 points. Easy and quick to play. Lemme see if I can help. I understand the love for Meph, costly in 1500 but workable. Just remember he is not an IC.

First list is ok, very solid but meh...

Second list is much better, I love spamming Rzbk AssC. Especially in lower points games, they can dominate.
I would drop one priest and Meltabomb and take a Speeder MMx2, great tank/MC hunter and always gets its points back.
If you have access to a Storm Raven, cut one Assault squad in half, lose the drop pod, and one priest. A very nice transport for your Dread and Meph and great for killing things.

Third list is better than the first...
AssC on Speeder is costly, as above change to MMx2.
DC are great :D; I would make them x5 with Chaplain and put in a Rzbk AssC. should have the points after Speeder swap.

Good luck.

Warpath
05-10-2010, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the response man, i really apreciate it, the first list was exactly what i was feeling...meh, so i built the other two. The idea of a land speeder with 2 meltas... i honestly never thought of that, i like it. The only thing that i have to think of is if loosing 1 Sang priest will be worth it, since they are there to give my 2 non vehicle squads a lil bit more resilence... ill see what i can do. The storm raven, you are right, that would be an awesome transport and a fire plataform once it has done its job, and of course... a fire magnet. Wonder if i can come up with a conversion of something into a storm raven in less than 3 weeks... i liked the change of the speeder for an AssC razorback for the DC, but i have allready picked the second list for the tourney. Thanks a lot for the insight, really helped out.

Sandman2663
05-10-2010, 07:18 PM
One Valkyrie kit and two hours gets you a nice lokking Storm Raven. Some bits from Terminus sprue and misc...
If I can figure out how to post my pics I will.