PDA

View Full Version : Does disembarking count as moving?

Hades Alpha
08-08-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't know if it as been answered before, but I'll ask anyway.

Does disembarking from a transport count as moving?

If your vehicule was stationnary at the beginning of your turn and your unit disembark, can you fire your heavy weapons?

Logically, I think it count as moving. But I can't find the rule that says so. I looked in the rule book and couldn't find it. Maybe you can help me with that.

Thanks

Aegis
08-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Without my BRB on hand, I am relying on my spotting memory. However, I do believe that disembarking does disallow the use of heavy weapons.

If I am wrong, then damn I have been cheating myself, but I feel confident about that answer.

VinceBlack
08-08-2009, 01:03 PM
unfortunately you cannot fire the heavy weapon, you can move as normal and even assault afterward but no you can't pile out and fire... if the vehicle is open topped or has a firing hatch you can just remain inside the vehicle and fire the heavy weapon.

mkerr
08-08-2009, 01:30 PM
But I can't find the rule that says so. I looked in the rule book and couldn't find it. Maybe you can help me with that.

It's on page 67 in the Disembarking section (last sentences under each bulleted point).

In every case, a disembarking unit counts as moving for shooting.

-- MKerr

Hades Alpha
08-08-2009, 02:05 PM
How could I miss that?

Thanks alot.

Latro_
08-09-2009, 06:24 AM
Remember you can assault if the rhino didnt move

Also it has two firing points, so if it didnt move you could fire say a lascannon and plasmagun out of the top :P

imperialsavant
08-09-2009, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=Hades Alpha;5871]I don't know if it as been answered before, but I'll ask anyway.

Does disembarking from a transport count as moving?

:rolleyes: Oh Yes! So Heavy weapons cannot be fired on the turn you disembark. Its definately in the BRB.
Check out the section on Disembarking from Vehicles.;)