PDA

View Full Version : Teleport Homers

Aegis
08-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Need some quick help on this one. Having played mostly armies that do not rely heavily on DS, or on tables where DS'ing is more foolish that anything else, I have never come across the use of teleport homers, in my forces or in my opponents forces.

Basically, my confusion comes from the use of them. Taking them as armory options, when I need clarified is, are they placed at some point in the game, or does the DS'ing unit come in next to the unit possessing the homer? Or, are both my interpretations dead wrong?

Gotthammer
08-08-2009, 12:54 PM
It comes in near the model possessing it. For example a Marine Scout Squad can take one for the Sergeant. If a squad of Terminators DS' within 6" of the Sergeant, they won't scatter. Should the Sergeant be killed but the rest of the squas survives (by a blast or template for example), the homer is lost as are all the other pieces of the Sergeant's wargear (like melta-bombs).

I would like it if the homer had to be placed though, either in lieu of shooting or as a thrown weapon like the demo charge, and when placed it can summon a DSing unit to it.

mkerr
08-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Basically, my confusion comes from the use of them. Taking them as armory options, when I need clarified is, are they placed at some point in the game, or does the DS'ing unit come in next to the unit possessing the homer? Or, are both my interpretations dead wrong?

Gotthammer is correct. The Teleport Homer is a piece of wargear for the model that purchased it and it is not "placed". The fact that they made a model for it adds to the confusion.

And as Gotthammer mentioned, if the model with the Homer is killed then you can't use it.

-- MKerr

Aegis
08-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Many thanks. With that cleared up, I have no problem using them now.