PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Optional Deployment Army

swanson4969
05-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Just wonder if anyone would mind taking a look at an army I am currently building.

Pedro Kantor
Librarian with Gate and either Null Zone or Vortex

Terminator squad with cml
10 sternguard 2 w/cms 2 w/cps 1\sgt w/pf in a pod
dread w/mm & hf in pod

10 man tact squad w/flamer ml in pod
10 man tact squad w/plasma gun, combi plasma and ml in pod
5 man scout squad w/knifes sgt w/combi melta and melta bombs
10 man scout bike squad with grenade launchers sgt w/beacon, combi melta and melta bombs
Land Speeder Storm w/mm for scouts

The idea is if I go first the scouts in the speeder, the bikes and the termies with the librarian start on the board. The scouts and speeder turbo to where they need to be the termies veil off the bikes beacon and the sternguard with kantor and the dread come down. If I am playing horde orcs the bikes and the scouts soften up a unit and then charge in with +1 attack from kantor. The stern guard the termies and the dread soften up the next unit to blunt the counter attack. Should happen on a flank where he will not be able to apply his full force. If playing the ever present ig trailer park should have enough melta and attacks with krak grenades and melta bombs to hopefully cripple a bunch of stationary vehicles leaving most of his stuff on his end of the table. Same goes for razor marines. If I go second I can reserve everything and send the tacts on first to somewhere safe and outflank and deepstrike the other stuff or whatever needs to be done. Went with the dakka termies becasue I am not really sure if the th termies will be ableto catch anything.

Questions, comments, concerns?
Thanks
Greg

Tynskel
05-10-2010, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't take Vortex unless the Libby is in Terminator Armor or on a Bike. The Heavy short range makes that power incredibly difficult to use.

Power Weapons or Powerfists should be sprinkled through your squads. Otherwise you'll have a hard time against marines.

Lastly- it might be a good idea to squeeze some locator Beacons on the Drop Pods. They may be stationary, however, they will be all over the battlefield.

Nice trick with the locator beacon + GoI. Normally deep strike occurs before movement, however, the power is used when you try to move the librarian. Just remember, the maximum range is 24"- so keep that in mind when moving the scout bikes.