PDA

View Full Version : Daemons and CSM Icons

Lucky Moniker
08-08-2009, 01:05 PM
So in games of Apocalypse, wouldn't it make sense to allow Chaos Daemons (from the Daemon Codex) to deep strike to chaos icons held by Chaos Space Marines? yes they are from a different codex, but it is still a call to the warp, so they can see it all the same.
and to that point, it could be interesting using opponents icons too.... because the daemons would be able to see those too

mkerr
08-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Icons only work for models in Terminator Armor, Obliterators and Lesser Daemons. If your gaming groups agrees that it makes sense for Chaos Daemons to use the Icons, then you'll have to house rule it.

Personally, I think it would be fine as long as they use the appropriate icon (Plaguebearers would only appear next to a model with an Icon of Nurgle) and your opponent's agree.

-- MKerr

entendre_entendre
08-08-2009, 08:07 PM
if your opponent & the person using the Daemons says it's ok then go for it. Mkerr has the right idea w/ the god icon specific agreement. this brings back memories of the 3rd ed. codex...:)

mkerr
08-08-2009, 09:33 PM
I was talking to one of the GW design guys right before Apocalypse game out. I said "How do you guys resolve rule conflicts? Do you roll it off?" -- his response was "We either call Alessio or we choose the answer that would be the coolest".

That's how you should always answer questions in Apocalypse and Planetstrike. Choose the answer that would lead to a more fun and more exciting conclusion. Can my Chaos Space Marine sorcerers summon my allies Chaos Daemons? Sounds like it would be pretty awesome if they could!

-- MKerr

Abominable Plague Marine
08-09-2009, 06:06 AM
Yeah, I would say definately talk it over well in advance of the game. Dont hinge your whole tactics on it or your enjoyment of the game if they say no. Make the proposal, this is what I think would be cool (Chaso Space Marines summon Chaos Daemon Daemons), this will be its limitation (can only be summoned to God specific icons). Having a limitation, draw back, or negative will make it more appealing to your fellow gamers, especially if it is in theme and not seen as an advanage for the sake of it.

Lucky Moniker
08-11-2009, 12:21 PM
yeah, that's what i basically figured, thanks for the input