PDA

View Full Version : New 1500 BA list

Zenxzen
05-10-2010, 08:06 PM
I have been working on my Blood Angels for awhile now and this is a revamp from my PDF army since the new Codex came out.

This is a 1500 point list for pick up games around here and its taken me this long to work up this list.:o

I have read all the posting here and else where on army lists and how to play BA for a month now and have made a list that I think would be enjoyable to play as well as give someone I play a good game.

Mostly my JP assault and HG will be running behind the armor until I get to the other player and I mostly think running one side of the board would work better.

I made the HG to have a good chance at taking a armor unit out and or taking a 10 man squad down as they will be kept in hiding behind the tanks or other units until attacking is right. I am not sure it would be as effective and more prone to die if I leave them in CC at the end of my turn as opposed to consolidating wisely and using my tanks for cover. At least I would be able to us FC to my advantage during my turn.

Any comments and suggestion are most welcome.

HQ

Reclusiarch - JP - 155

Honor Guard
All JPs
HG w/PF and meltagun
HG w/PW and meltagun
HGx2 w/PW
Novitiate - 255

Elites

Sanguinary Priest - 50

Troops

10 Ras w/PF and 2 meltas - 235
10 Ras w/PF and 2 meltas - 235
5 Ras w/Flamer and Rhino w/TLLCs or Las/TL Plasma - 160 - Sanguinary Priest rides here
5 Ras w/Flamer and Rhino w/TLLCs or Las/TL Plasma - 160

Fast Attack

Baal w/TLAC and HB - 145

Heavy Support

Predator w/Autocannon and HB - 100

1495 Pt's the 5 points will not go to waste, just waiting.

Sandman2663
05-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Solid list.
Don't know what your LGS is like but I would change the Baal to FC, Db - much better at the outflank and takes out those pesky Long Fangs...save 25 pts - JP priest I think would go a long way as opposed to one sitting in the transport.

Zenxzen
05-11-2010, 06:18 PM
The Flamestorm on the Baal using outflanking sounds good and might be fun at least for me.

I guess with only one Priest besides the Novitiate I am kind of worried about someone targeting him to soon as I need him to help spread FC around and in a rhino he has some protection.

Do you feel the risk versus better maneuvering as he is a IC and can join any squad a better use for him.

I am kind of laughing at myself in that it has taken me this long to put together just a 1500 point list thats not to cheesy and has tanks, troops and some specials and not to of a high powered HQ and still be a good list.