PDA

View Full Version : Zombies from other armys

Vampire lord
05-11-2010, 08:09 PM
One day i was siting at my paiting table and had an idiea. My idea was to get the basic unit from every army and convert them to the vampire counts.now i whant to know what evrey one thinks befor i go a head.I have allso but a poll with this idea as well.

Kieranator K82
05-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Do it. I saw a VC army on the Games Workshop website under "What's New Today" last year. It included a unit or two, possibly more, of zombies made out of Empire State Troopers. It would certainly be a good looking army, and I look forward to seeing the results in the future.

gwensdad
05-11-2010, 10:20 PM
What about armies where the base troops are on larger than 20mm bases? (Ogres, the various Chaos armies)

But gobbo zombies might have a certain funny scariness about them.

Vampire lord
05-11-2010, 10:53 PM
What about armies where the base troops are on larger than 20mm bases? (Ogres, the various Chaos armies)

But gobbo zombies might have a certain funny scariness about them.

ya you have a point the only armies i whouldnt be able to turn in to zombies are the chaose because thay are mutated all ready with out my help and i dont know about Ogres well ill have to see

joescalise
05-12-2010, 06:10 AM
One day i was siting at my paiting table and had an idiea. My idea was to get the basic unit from every army and convert them to the vampire counts.now i whant to know what evrey one thinks befor i go a head.I have allso but a poll with this idea as well.

I have seen VC armies where the ghosts are that way, a bunch of different unit types for all armies. I think it is a great idea. I want to do the same thing when I start my new army, but waiting on the new edition before I spend any money on a new army.

LadasN
05-12-2010, 03:56 PM
I use zombies from VC as lesser daemons in my CSM nurgle army. Since my friends have extra bits laying around, i used some to do the same thing; jsut for 40k. It turned out great! so if u have the drive, i say do it!

L192837465
05-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Just make the ogre a unit filler on a 40x40 base. He has 4 wounds, ect ect and counts as four models for all intents and purposes.

Legoklods
05-16-2010, 12:01 PM
and skeletons please!:D

The Madman
05-17-2010, 12:19 PM
i remember a vampire count force themed on a undead high elfs, that was pretty good, its in white dwarf 286 if you can get a hold of a copy on page 32 (got a SM librarian on the cover)

back when the cursed company was still around they had a article on making skeletons of other races. beastmen and skaven required skeletal horses for their conversions (tail for a skaven and two pairs or hooves for the beastmen) ork skulls from random trophy stands (no sure what box sets they came from) and kit-bashing high elves with skeletons and going the extra length carefully removing their heads from the helmets to replace with a skull.

Vampire lord
05-18-2010, 03:06 AM
thaks for the hlep madman

The Madman
05-18-2010, 11:30 AM
no problem man, always here to encourage such endeavors.

bonswizzle
06-04-2010, 03:10 AM
This is a really cool idea, I considered doing something similar myself, but couldn't quite work it al out in my head. As long as they've got a nice zombie style paint job I think these will look great!

DarkDesigner
03-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Hey Vampire Lord, it's been a couple of years since you posted this so I thought I'd see whether you'd gotten round to it or not? Would love to see some of your work.

I've actually started a similar project myself. With the advent of Storm of Magic it seemed to make sense that I could do a vampire pact made up of undead version of the army they accompany. And I always like a challenge, which is why I chose Skaven as that base army. So, I'm using the new Warlord Queek model as my 'vampiric' Skaven warlord, and the skull from his back banner as the head of a wraith, which I imagined as being similar to the Death of Rats from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. The main army is normal skaven but festooned with skulls, graveyard debris and 'autumn' themed branches.

I'll upload some pictures of my stuff soon, but would love to see your project if it's gone ahead :)