PDA

View Full Version : Ard Boyz Results

crazyredpraetorian
08-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Who placed? And where did you play?

MUMBLES
08-08-2009, 11:16 PM
I placed 2nd with 56 pts playing CSM, first place was orkz with 58. Played at Lone Star Comics in Arlington, TX.

Lord Severus
08-09-2009, 08:34 AM
In Anoka, MN it was:
1st:Black templars i think
2nd:Me withmech vet guard
3rd:wave serpent/wraithlord eldar (a guy I play with locally)

Lord Markgraf
08-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Did you hear about the guy running the nasty Necron army? They where calling them "Drop 'Crons" or something. :eek:

JuiceSpringsteen!
08-09-2009, 11:18 AM
I placed 2nd with 56 pts playing CSM, first place was orkz with 58. Played at Lone Star Comics in Arlington, TX.

Is it true John Blakenchip got busted for cheating down there, Mumbles?

Norbu the Destroyer
08-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Yeah man those "drop crons" were no joke. I've never seen such competetive crons.

MUMBLES
08-09-2009, 04:07 PM
The Dark Eldar player? yeah he got canned in the prelims. Other than him though, I don't remember anyone getting busted for cheating, though there were a lot of whiners there for the semis.

The sad thing about the dark eldar player in the prelims was that he overspent on the list by around 15 pts. There's no way that 15 points wouldve changed anything in the grand scheme of things. Seems very silly to do it in the first place. Couldve been a clerical error of course, that's why it pays to check and recheck the list and use something like army builder.

GrandReaper
08-09-2009, 10:36 PM
A local player up here (LanceFireball on the forums) came first in Kitchener Ontario with his "Don't Die Eldar" with 69 pts. I think he was lucky to draw a Dark Eldar opponent for the final game though, other lists could have drawn him most likely (lot of draws in scenario 3).

Any winners willing to post their lists?

Redhanded
08-09-2009, 10:58 PM
I've never seen such competetive crons.

Yeah, a guy from my gaming group said he got knocked out of the semifinals during the 2nd game when he fought a guy with drop crons. he thought he had an easy game on his hands playing against necrons, but the game was pretty much decided by turn 4. he said he'd never doubt drop crons again.

ZenPaladin
08-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Drop Cron's eh?

I'm a Necron player, anyone know what this list was about? I'm assuming three Mono's with warriors packed inside but....

Culven
08-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I played at Battleforge. I have no idea where I placed. With only 34 BPs, it doesn't matter. I had a couple of great opponents in rounds 1 and 2, but the Drop Cron list with Deceiver that I faced in the second round did bad, bad things.

"What is that glinting in the darkness? First squad report!"
*crackle crackle*
"First squad?! First squad?! Oh Gods! No!!!!"

Yeah, Deceiver made great use of the cover of darkness, and I just couldn't manage to hit or wound on the two chances I had to take it out. First turn, Plasma Rifle to is head, double 1s and failed armour save. The rest of the game, my army managed to perform just as brilliantly. :(

The Drop Crons I played had Deceiver, Lord with Res Orb (and Feel no Pain?), two units of Immortals, three units of Warriors (13-14 strong), and three Monoliths to form the castle walls.

crazyredpraetorian
08-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Necrons don't have Feel No Pain. They do get Will Be Back, which is basically the same thing. However, the Res Orb allows WBB rolls to models within 12", even models that have suffered instant death.

Culven
08-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Necrons don't have Feel No Pain.
I didn't think so, but my opponent mentioned it for some reason. Maybe he was just trying to explain the basic concept of WBB. He gave me a play-by-play, which while a little irritating, kept me aprised of what he was doing.

They do get Will Be Back, which is basically the same thing.
I wish it was the same thing. Then Wind of Chaos would have denied WBB to those outside the range of the Res Orb. Not that it really mattered in the end. The big cheeseball just rolled through my Troops anyway.

crazyredpraetorian
08-12-2009, 08:06 AM
I didn't think so, but my opponent mentioned it for some reason. Maybe he was just trying to explain the basic concept of WBB. He gave me a play-by-play, which while a little irritating, kept me aprised of what he was doing.

I wish it was the same thing. Then Wind of Chaos would have denied WBB to those outside the range of the Res Orb. Not that it really mattered in the end. The big cheeseball just rolled through my Troops anyway.

Ard Boyz is ALL about the cheese......and the cheese melters!!!:D Bring better cheese melters next time.

BuFFo
08-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Ard Boyz is ALL about the cheese......and the cheese melters!!!:D Bring better cheese melters next time.

Actually, 'ard Byoz is all about bringing any legal list you want, and not having some jerk dock you points for sportsmanship and comp JUST because he lost and didn't like the fact you took 3 squads of Striking Scorpions.

'Ard Boyz is the perfect, ideal tourney format for 40k in my opinion.

crazyredpraetorian
08-12-2009, 08:55 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to call Ard Boyz the perfect format for 40k Tournament. However, I do agree it eliminates alot of BS........now, if there was a way to eliminate the whining it would be perfect.

GrandReaper
08-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Actually, 'ard Byoz is all about bringing any legal list you want, and not having some jerk dock you points for sportsmanship and comp JUST because he lost and didn't like the fact you took 3 squads of Striking Scorpions.

'Ard Boyz is the perfect, ideal tourney format for 40k in my opinion.

Actually, 'ard Boyz is all about bringing any legal list you want, and not having some other person, often quite reasonable but sometimes not, dock you points for sportsmanship and comp JUST because the list you brought obviously exploited the poor play testing that is done on 40K products as a general rule.

'Ard Boyz would be the perfect, ideal tourney format for 40k in my opinion, if there was some semblance of balance both between the varying army lists and within each list.

Personally, I think my version is more realistic. Anyone else? (and I do think 'Ard Boyz can be fun too, but it's hard to call a format that invalidates half the armies in the game and a good 2/3 of the units in those armies not invalidated perfect).

Cheers!

Lancefireball
08-13-2009, 07:59 PM
1st place semi finals with 69 points.. I played Eldar Mech

Nikephoros
08-14-2009, 04:53 AM
Personally, I think my version is more realistic. Anyone else? (and I do think 'Ard Boyz can be fun too, but it's hard to call a format that invalidates half the armies in the game and a good 2/3 of the units in those armies not invalidated perfect).

Cheers!

I don't think its as imbalanced as it seems. Pretty much every army except Daemonhunters is capable of winning when in the hands of a strong player. Hell, Necrons supposedly won one of the semis this year. They are the "worst" army, and they still can beat a room full of sharks when piloted by a strong player.

I think the part of your post where you disparaged bringing hard lists as abusing the game is more telling than anything. If you want to play a fluffy daemonhunters list and get spanked at 'Ard Boyz thats not my fault when I bring a strong list.

warmonger
08-14-2009, 06:39 AM
The results from Kettering, Oh are 1st place Orks, 2nd place Tyranids, 3rd place CSM