PDA

View Full Version : SM 'Ard Boyz

gruebot
05-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Heres my list curious too see what others think about it...

2,500 point Codex Space Marines
‘Ard Boyz Army List

HQ
Captain Darnath Lysander
Terminator Armour, Fist of Dorn & Storm Shield

Librarian
Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter, Force Weapon & Psychic Hood
Might of the Ancients & Vortex of Doom

Elites
Dreadnought
Twin-linked Las Cannon & Missile Launcher

Terminator Squad 5 Terminators
Heavy Flamer, Storm Bolters & Power Fists, Power Sword

Terminator Squad 5 Terminators
Assault Cannon, Storm Bolters & Power Fists, Power Sword

Troops
Tactical Squad 10 Marines
Las Cannon, Boltguns, Flamer & Power Fist
Razorback Twin-linked Las Cannon

Las CannonBoltguns, Meltagun , Bolt Pistol & CC Weapon

Las Cannon, Meltagun, Bolt Pistol & CC Weapon

Las Cannon, Flamer, Bolt Pistol & Power Weapon

Heavy Support
Land Raider
Hunter Killer Missile

Land Raider
Hunter Killer Missile
:)

Tynskel
05-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Your list is off to a solid start!

Here are some suggestions:

Ditch the last Tactical Squad (+270)- with the three others and with combat squads, you'll be able to claim objectives.

Add Epistolary to the Libby. Add a Storm Shield (-60)- now he will shoot a powerful gun every turn and kick butt.
Add
(-150) Attack Bike Squadron
3 Attack Bikes, 3 Multi-Meltas
Move the Powerfist in the flamer combat squad to a meltagun squad, add a powerfist to the other meltagun squad, add a power weapon to the flamer squad. (-40)
Change the flamer squad razorback to a Twin-linked Assault Cannon (0).
To the two Powerfist sgts with Meltagun special weapons, add 2 Combi-Meltas (-20)

This will bumb up your anti-tank a little bit more.

Personally, I prefer a mortis dread over the hellfire dread. 2 Twin-linked Autocannons makes a seriously solid anti-transport killer. This also frees up 20 points.

gruebot
05-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Hmmm. interesting. Thanks for the insight. I might try adding a storm shield to another Librarian model I have yet to paint but the one I'm useing tomorow is all ready painted. I had considered taking only three tactical squads but because I just simply have never liked the SM bike models I won't use them. So the exrtra tact gives me two more las cannons, the razorback's being twin linked for a total of 13 las cannons. I will def consider the dreadnought idea as well for my next dread build. Cheers. http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j247/gruebot/40k/DSC01302.jpg:)

Tynskel
05-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Cool. Good Luck. I don't think I will be able to go. :( The closest store hosting is ~60 miles away. The last two years a store 20 miles away was hosting. :(

joescalise
05-14-2010, 12:41 PM
To many lascannons, they will not be able to kill there point cost, unless you face nothing but IG and even then it will be hard.

But great paint job on your pysker, really very nice job.

Sir Biscuit
05-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Few quick things that'll help, and require little/no modeling:

First off, ditch Vortex of Doom on the librarian and replace it with Null Zone. Null Zone is one of the nastiest psychic powers in the game, and can single-handedly ruin several common powerful builds. (TH/SS termi spam, Fatecrusher... and helps loads vs sisters.)

For the dread, you'll be happier with two twin-linked autocannons. Save you a few points too. Quad-auotcannon dreads are fantastic anti-transport. If not, eh, not the end of the world.

On the raiders, replace both Hunter-Killers with multi-meltas for the same cost. 24" is a long range, and since either you will be moving the raiders forward towards them, or they'll be coming to you, you'll still be shooting from turn one. Plus you get to shoot them more than once, and they are superior anti-tank anyway as they are AP1.

LoverzCry
05-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Well, seems like nobody else noticed this... You can't have 10 man squads in a Razorback. 6 man capacity. Will review once this is corrected : P

Sir Biscuit
05-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Combat Squads, buddy. Half goes in the Razorback, the other half 'slogs it. Usually the half with the heavy weapon sits back on objectives and provides fire support, while the squad in the Razorback goes forth with Sergent and assault weapon to wreak havoc. Common tactic.

LoverzCry
05-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Combat Squads, buddy. Half goes in the Razorback, the other half 'slogs it. Usually the half with the heavy weapon sits back on objectives and provides fire support, while the squad in the Razorback goes forth with Sergent and assault weapon to wreak havoc. Common tactic.

Well... I feel rediculous. : 3

gruebot
05-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Well 'Ard Boyz is over and I didn't do as good as I hoped but had a lot of fun. Draw, Minor Loss, Major Victory with 38 points total. First two games were against Space Marine armies, the second one with a list VERY similar to my own. I came close to another draw in my second game but I made a mistake on my last turn. Last game was against Necrons. Popped both of his Monoliths in the first turn with extra Las Cannon shots to spare. Can't wait for next year.:D