PDA

View Full Version : Using non-Citadel miniatures...

Grabnutz
08-09-2009, 02:05 AM
I am now revealed as a true heretic...:D

Many of my armies with which I play W40K and WFB are populated, in part at least, with non-Citadel miniatures. Is this a heresy here or can we swap info on other manufacturers figure lines.

For instance, you want chaos cultists, corrupted PDF troopers and Guard? Look no further that Pig Iron productions. They do a spanking line of figures that I am ordering to fill out my Lost & the Damned army.

My Chaos Space Marines are over 50% old Bluebird Havoc Miniatures. This was a short-lived range that attempted to replicate the success of GW. They quickly went into the sale bins and I bought lots of them as discount prices.

My Wood Elves are entirely Alternative Armies, my orcs Ral Partha.

I don't do this just because most of them are cheaper but because I appreciate the works of other sculptors.

And now we have companies working in hard styrene. Do you need a lot of barbarians for your marauder regiments, then look no futher than Wargames Factory and WarFoundry. Wargames Factory also do modern zombies in hard styrene. Both companies charge around £15 or $25 for over thirty, multi-part, 28mm figures in a box.

What heretical forces do you use?

Grabnutz,
The cheapest general in warhammer history :p

Aldramelech
08-09-2009, 02:29 AM
Already a big thread running on this one, check it out.
www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=63