PDA

View Full Version : 'Ard Boyz Results in YOUR area!

BuFFo
05-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Melbourne area in central eastern Florida;

1) Chaos, Double Lash
2) Tyranid, Spore Pod
3) Dark Eldar, Web Way Portal

In game three, my Dark Eldar, with a possible 37 Kill Points available, tabled my Tyranid opponent on turn 6, winning with 13 KPs against his 12. Probably one of the hardest battles I have fought in years. Every inch mattered, and every mistake my opponent made cost him dearly.

What happened in your area? What are the results?

What we have so far

11 Imperial Guard
8 Tyranid
6 Oks
5 Blood Angels
5 Space Marines
4 Chaos
3 Tau
3 Space Wolves
3 Eldar
2 Black Templars
2 Demons
Dark Eldar
Demonhunters
Necrons

Schnitzel
05-15-2010, 08:03 PM
1) Gunline Guard in the style of Darkwynn. Some out of town kid, very irritating.
2) Don't know.
3) Space Wolves.

I placed somewhere towards the upper mid ranks... Only nabbed 37 points overall. I tied round 1 against wolves, 0 to 0 objective grabs with me having killed off all his troops and miring his last one in assault to prevent a last turn objective grab. Round two was against footy Salamanders that I massacred. He had a 2000+ VP to 300 something. Game three was against Mech Chaos and I lost the roll to go first. He shot down one of my Stormravens turn one, surrounded and killed another turn three with a single Krak grenade (after having moved flat out), and fought tooth and nail with my remnants. I lost 18 KPs to 13.

I really did not like the kid who won. Kid looked 16ish and was running Guard w/ Allies, and I swear it had to have been something he copied off the net. Every one else was great, but this kid just rubbed me the wrong way and I never played him.

Dingareth
05-15-2010, 08:49 PM
I really did not like the kid who won. Kid looked 16ish and was running Guard w/ Allies, and I swear it had to have been something he copied off the net. Every one else was great, but this kid just rubbed me the wrong way and I never played him.

He's a good kids. Part of the Stony Point Refuges who swept the Virginia area. It's nothing he copied off the net, I've yet to face anyone else with 9 Armored Sentinels and Pask in an Exterminator (an idea he stole from me the litte bugger.) So next time, talk to him, or better yet play him before you start bashing him anonymously on the internet.

That said, I placed first in Charlottesville, Virginia with a Semi-Mech Guard, second was full Mech Guard, and third was Vulkan Marines. Our club also took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in Harrisonburg Virginia with Semi-Mech Guard, Space Wolves, and Tau. In addition, to those and the win at Woodbridge, we also had a guy come in third down in Williamsburg, overall a great turnout. Also, just found out about two other guys from SPR got first and second down in Chesapeake- Chaos and Necrons!

I had three good games, tabling a Leafblower clone, then a Dark Eldar army, and getting a major victory against semi-mech Eldar in the final round after pouring 4000 points worth of shooting into a fortuned Eldard- he just wouldn't die!

Aenir
05-15-2010, 08:50 PM
in Chicago:

1) Orks, (Nob Bikers + others)
2) Mech Eldar
3) Dark Angels *Weeeee*

DarkLink
05-15-2010, 09:29 PM
In San Luis Obispo:

1) Chaos, Lash, Plague Marines, some Obliterators
2) Daemonhunters; Grey Knights in 3 land Raiders, Stormtrooper squad, allied Sisters of Battle and an allied IG Veteran squad. (This was me, btw)
3) Dark Angels, I believe. Doublewing, unsure of the details.

Unfortunately, we had some issues with the GW certified store*, and had to do it at a non-GW store, so we don't know yet if our results will be official. We have a GW club, and so one of our guys will contact GW and see if we get tickets and prize support.

Luckily, even if we don't get GW prize support, the FLGS owner we went to promised to give prize support. Great guy. Pretty much opened a store to give people a place to play.

*Our original tournament runner canceled last week, and told the store which canceled with GW. However, they neglected to actually tell any of us until the night before, and we have several others who were willing to take over.

Edit: I got 46pts total, and killed 5620 VPs over the entire tournament. I think that was the highest VP total of all the players.

I lost badly to a Blood Angels player in the first game (every important die roll basically went his way, and my outdated army just couldn't deal with some of his new stuff with luck like that).

I won the second game against an ork horde (150+ models, with a bunch of killa kans, gazgull, a trukk full of nobz and a nob biker squad). I left him with nothing but a single nob biker and two killa kanz left. I had triple assaulted gazgull, a shoota boy squad, and a unit of 'ard boyz, killed about 16 of them and won combat by 11. All of them ran, so I got a ton of easy VPs there, last turn of the game.

Third game, I took apart a Black Templar player. I killed pretty much everything of his except a dreadnought, a stripped predator and a 5 man squad with a plasma cannon. He killed my two GK Terminator HQ squads, and one Rhino, and a few random models. I won 29 KPs to 11.

Honorable mention for my army goes to my newly converted Grand Master with a Storm Shield. He pretty much carved his way through everything that came at him, even though he died in the first in third games. Of note, in the second game against orks, he and his squad charges a pair of ork squads, who killed all but the Grand Master himself. The Grand Master then shrugged off their power klaws and chased them away (they ran off the board), then single-handedly assaulted and killed a second ork mob. He then watched and laughed as he watched Gazgull's squad run off the board right past him at the end of the game:D.

crazyredpraetorian
05-16-2010, 05:59 AM
Austin Tx

Blood Angels
Orks
Blood Angels

I ended up in fourth. Darkwynn slaughtered me in round 1 and then I won the next 2, getting max for 2 rounds.

Sandman2663
05-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Dayton,OH

Nids, Tervigon spam - 60 pts
Blood Angels, Storm Ravens - 56 pts
IG Leaf Blower - 52 pts i think

I placed second. Great three games: Orcs Massacre, IG Leafblower Draw, IG Leafblower Massacre.

Best ever -
Thirsty Furiouso Talon took out Nob squad with Warboss in one round then followed up with 27 boyz next round. :D
Inq Lord immobilzed Chimera with a Bolt Pistol. :)
Storm Ravens took out 2 Hydras, Colossus and Immobilized other, Medusa, Vendetta with Turn 2 alpha strike. :D
Last round Turn 3 - 2 Thirsty Term Assault squads took out 4 Chimeras and a Leman for the KP win. :p

Going into Round 3 we had 8 players within 8 points of one another.
Our LGS has some solid players and all were great games.

sergentzimm
05-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Light showing in my area, Bellingham WA. Chaos marines took first, I took second with deamons and third went to Tyranids.

I have to say the third mission was BS. I was playing the tyranid player who went total KP denial. He had 11 KP total with 5 monstrous creatures. Stupid. I nearly wiped him off the table but still only tied. Very frustrating.

Other than that it was a cool day with some interesting armies. I got to play against a BA army with three stormravens. He made the mistake of dropping out his death company with Lemartes out in front of Fateweaver, who had a bodyguard of bloodletters. They wiped the bloodletters then on my turn I turned lemartes into a chaos spawn and breathed the death company out of existence.

Fun day considering I only had to deal with one DB all day.

Walls
05-16-2010, 12:51 PM
You can ally Guard AND sisters in the same DH army? That sure changes things. I thought you could only ever ally one other force.

DarkLink
05-16-2010, 01:36 PM
You can ally Guard AND sisters in the same DH army? That sure changes things. I thought you could only ever ally one other force.

Read up on the DH/WH FAQs. Perfectly legal.

Even better, 'ard Boyz added IG veterans to the list of units you can ally in. My Chimera with an autocannon and three meltaguns inside served me well. Well, maybe not the autocannon, but whatever.

Nikephoros
05-16-2010, 02:24 PM
In Vero Beach, FL...

1. Orks
2. Space Wolves
3. Templars (me)

Really fun games, great opponents, no drama no headaches. The only thing that was lame about the entire tournament was scenario 3, which was so imbalanced the author has no business writing missions.

BuFFo
05-16-2010, 03:39 PM
In Vero Beach, FL...

1. Orks
2. Space Wolves
3. Templars (me)

Really fun games, great opponents, no drama no headaches. The only thing that was lame about the entire tournament was scenario 3, which was so imbalanced the author has no business writing missions.

As a Dark Eldar player, I was scared of that final mission, but, I modified my army list, and even when facing a Tyranid Army for a top 3 spot, I managed to get a minor victory over him!

In all honesty, I should not have placed so high this year, but, whenever my opponents made tactical/rulee mistakes, my experience allowed me to capitalize on their errors, and I squeaked by into third place.

I had to table the entire Nid army, minus a Tervigon, and kill a unit of created termigaunts to barely win, in round 6, with 13 kill points to his 12.

LOL... He killed 3 Raiders and my Jetbike Archon for those 12 kill points! I had Wych units on the table with ONE model left, running for their lives! It was probably one of the closest wins I have ever witness in my 22 years of playing 40k. It took 12 years of experience, as a Dark Eldar General, to bait him out of cover, assault him correctly, and Dark lance the correct units in the correct order. If I didn't Dark Lance his Biovores (in cover) off the table on turn 1, I would have lost for sure.

Javin
05-16-2010, 05:22 PM
In Colorado Springs, Gamers Haven location

1. Necrons with destroyer spam
2. Semi- mech IG
3. Mech Eldar

I had some very fun games. Excellent Necron opponent, knew his game very well.

BuFFo
05-16-2010, 06:02 PM

That's what I'm talking about!

Schnitzel
05-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Went to Game Vault in Fredricksburg VA today for 'Ard Boyz. Ended up taking 7th over all, getting bumped from top 4 by a minor loss to a friends Guard/Inq list. Round three we're both in the top 5, finished the game 18-17 in his favor, I had only Astaroth left. On the bright side, my Stormravens lasted FOREVER considering the torrent of fire they took, and managed to pop some tanks at that. I was in his face with Death Co and Dreads on turn two. :D

Game one had me facing off against strict Guard. Went first and was in the assault off of turn one. He had a whole platoon mob fall victim to my Death Dread and Death Co. From there I just flew around, picked my assaults and blew tanks up. He contested an objective with a tank at the end of 6th to prevent a major victory. :O

Game two was against Daemons, Fateweaver Bloodcrusher build. I got to go first and my opponent didn't get the half he wanted from his army to start. Very assaulty game with lots of stuff dying. Stormravens shot Daemon Princes and Bloodthirsters to hell, Death Co and Dreads assaulted the living hell out of everything else.

Great time, lots a great people there and AWESOME store. I'm going to try to play there more often for my free weekends.

Also to note, the Guard player I complained about last night was there. He wasn't playing, but drove a guy up who was having car problems. He turned out to be a pretty cool kid and I totally felt like **** for having doubted his list from yesterday.

Lerra
05-16-2010, 08:35 PM
1st Place (tie): Mech Space Wolves and Battlesuit-heavy Tau
3rd Place: Mixed infantry blob/mech IG

DarkLink
05-16-2010, 10:09 PM
In Colorado Springs, Gamers Haven location

1. Necrons with destroyer spam
2. Semi- mech IG
3. Mech Eldar

Unfortunately, our Necronn player got phased out in his first two games and came in last (he got a minor victory in the third game).

Apparently one of his games came down to a single leadership test. If he passed, he'd win. If he failed, he'd lose enough models to phase out. Alas, but he failed.

In his third game, his Daemonhunter opponent (not me, another guy) immobilized both Land Raiders on terrain first turn, and spent the rest of the game trying to get around the Monoliths to the Warriors. I told him to take dozer blades:p (ok, so I only told him after the fact, but whatever:rolleyes: ).

Unlighted
05-16-2010, 10:59 PM
1st-Orks
2nd-Not sure
3rd-Tau, mixed force with a Hammerhead and a lot of battlesuits.

I placed fourth in the tournament and was pretty happy with my first Hard Boyz showing. I was playing Chaos with a pretty unstandard build.

D Prince /w Wings
Summoned Greater Deamon

2 Thousand Son Squads with one Rhino
10 Lesser Deamons
Chaos Space Marine Squad /w Melta and Lascannon

Possessed squad rolling around in a Possessed Land Raider
6 man Chosen Squad packing a Melta, Plasma Gun, and a Lascannon
Dreadnought /w Multi-Melta and CCW and Heavy Flamer

2 Defilers /w all close combat weapons

I did a lot better than I thought I would.
My biggest point maker was round 3 against Sisters of Battle with Grey Knights. I made 23 points off the poor guy. I killed all his over 6 movement units/vehicles, but he only killed one defiler. He chewed up several of my squads pretty bad, but couldn't finish them off. He was a good guy and I felt bad for doing that to him even though it was Hard Boyz. :(

Brother_Artimese
05-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Tucson, Az
Hat's games.

Chaos Marines: I never got to see his army but from past games he runs mostly foot troops. 59 points
Black Templar: 3x LRC and T Assault squads (me!). 56 points
Mech Eldar w/ Eldrad. 53 points

Major victory Round 1 against BA. MVP squad was 7 assault termies that killed 10 DC, 5 vanguard, 2 assault marines, 5 devastators, and 5 tac marines. Total distance traveled across the board was approx 6 feet. Vet player with a new codex.

Draw Round 2 against a combined arms IG. Assaulted a falling back squad of vets and time was called before Combat. If I had left them alone I would have gotten a minor victory. Damn fine player that knew what he was doing.

Massacre Round 3 against a leafblower IG clone. Guy started *****ing up a storm when all of his penetrating 6s on my LRCs became immobilized results because of my smoke rules. I ended up flat out laughing at him when I had 23 VP to his 8 and he went off again (loudly and at length) about my cheesy codex. Vet player that should have been a better sport.

I was surprised about the lack of Tyranids, Tau, Necrons, Chaos Daemons and Orks. There were 2 Eldar one Dark Eldar, and a ton of IG and marines of various flavors. Definitely not the usual tournament scene here.

Hugz4Genestealers
05-17-2010, 12:29 AM
Had to take a road trip to find the nearest Ard Boyz in my area, but it wasn't a wasted trip!
1. Tyranids (that's me!)
2. Tie between battlesuit Tau army and (i think) space marines

Won a minor victory in the first round against the space marine player wiping out an assault termie squad w/ TH/SS in one round of lucky combat early on w/ Trygon Prime and Ymgarls, and outflanked a squad of genestealers on turn 5(the last turn) and ran into scoring range of the only uncontested objective for the win!

Game two was against mech eldar. Outflanking genestealers munched up fire prism, jetbike squadron, and pathfinder unit left too close to either board edge, one squad then proceeded to make a heroic amount of cover saves after being doomed by a fortuned unit of dire avengers, who failed their difficult terrain test for the charge, and proceeded to get eaten. End of the battle saw me 800 vp up, giving me the major victory.

Mission three saw my tyranid army(12 KP) face off against a mech guard list full of chimeras and russes. To be fair to my opponent, he hadn't really played 40k since getting back from Iraq, and was using a friend's list, so he didn't really know how to use it. He got 4 KP, I got 32.

Total battle points: 58(about 40 more than I was expecting)

Inigo Montoya
05-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Lafayette, IN

1. Mech IG Leafblower variant (me)
2. Vulkan
3. Space Marines

Game 1 vs Vulkan - good player, 4 land raiders and 3 pods, sternguard, hammernators... ...minor
Game 2 vs cato space marines. Land raiders, skimmers, razorbacks, dev squads... ...massacre
Game 3 vs orkz - 3 deffrolla wagons, multiple nob squads, kff mek, warboss, nob bikers... ...massacre

melloracer
05-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Here is what placed at the Semi's in owensboro, KY

1. Salimanders
2. Blood Angels (me)
3. Guard w/ Inq allies

I played a solid first game against a good chaos marine opponent, but the dice did not fall his way. He also completely ignored my Saguinary guard, who killed over 600 points of models by themselves. Got a massacre in the first round.

in the 2nd round I played against the eventual 3rd place winner. It was very very difficult get across the table to him as I was hammered the entire time. In the end I managed to get a draw.

3rd round I played against a mechanized guard list, he gave up on turn 5 after I took out all his vehicles except for one hell hound. Gat a massacre.

The salimander list who placed first is a good friend of mine and fraternity brother. We practice lists against each other and against our gaming group (wkwg) and it paid off this year.

Last year I made it to semis with my Eldar, but I am so glad that I was able to take the Blood Angels this time. I have been playing BA since 97 and it is nice to finally place in a tourney with an army I love.

One a funnier note. One of the younger guys in our group (16) table a DE player in his first shooting phase during the second round. Concentrated fire by imperial guard is just nasty.

Lord Azaghul
05-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Two of the local(ish) ones in Iowa

1) IG (almost leafblower)
2) BA
3) Marines

other store

1) IG
2) "Nids
3) Daemons

Dannygee
05-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Two of the local(ish) ones in Iowa

1) IG (almost leafblower)
2) BA
3) Marines

other store

1) IG
2) "Nids
3) Daemons

I have the 3rd Iowa store results!
1) Me (Sisters of Battle)
2) Eldar
3) NO ONE ELSE SHOWED

Javin
05-17-2010, 02:39 PM
I have the 3rd Iowa store results!
1) Me (Sisters of Battle)
2) Eldar
3) NO ONE ELSE SHOWED

Did you still play all three games :P

Hugz4Genestealers
05-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Wow, I thought our store had a light showing with only eight people showing up, but two? That's some pretty stiff competition for the top spot...

Xzarol
05-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Here is what placed at the Semi's in owensboro, KY

1. Salimanders
2. Blood Angels (me)
3. Guard w/ Inq allies

in the 2nd round I played against the eventual 3rd place winner. It was very very difficult get across the table to him as I was hammered the entire time. In the end I managed to get a draw.

Hey Melloracer, I remember you! My friend who played the ringer at the tournament just pointed your post out to me!

I'm that Imperial Guard player from Round Two. =) It was a real bloodbath our game, haha. Many explosions and bodies.

Lets see...obviously I have the same final score to report as melloracer, but I had some different opponents.

1. Played a guy named Zach who ran a pretty solid Tyranid list. Two Hive Tyrants squads with Tyrant Guard, many outflanking Genestealers, and some giant brains, along with a medly of holding troops. He managed to sneak up the side and absolutely shred my planes, but I pulled off some objective grabbing and troop killing last turn that resulted in a (Major Victory) on my part. He was an excellent opponent and very fun to play =D

2. Played against Melloracer, who ran a good, scary Blood Angels list. I had never played them before, but it seemed like they have a few really interesting differences from normal chapters. He was fun to talk with, and it's always fun playing a veteran of the game. I'm glad his Angels got updated! We managed to beat each other about the place, leaving everything to a (Draw). I would like to mention he pulled off a devestating Blood Lance, too. Pretty much gobbled 400ish points of tank in one shot. =)

3. Played a guy named Daniel who had Chaos Daemons. He was a really good sportsman. I had never encountered Daemons before, but I had played them against friends proxy-style. I was terrified of the third scenario, having so much armor, but I managed to concentrate enough fire to keep myself relatively safe. I felt pretty bad--I caused Fateweaver to hop off the board early game, and it just seems there isn't a super-viable way that Daemons can survive Deep-Striking into that much firepower. The round ended in (Major Victory).

Overall, I had a good experience at the Preliminaries! My first time, and I have nothing bad to say about it all. Great sportsmanship, fun people, and very few regrets game wise. Dice favored me off an on through the day.

P.S: I managed to blow up my Chimeras twice over the course of the day. Stupid Demolisher scatter. xP

Hugz4Genestealers
05-17-2010, 04:04 PM
I'd also like to mention that my first Ard Boyz experience in the prelims was an excellent one. The games were all fun, it was a nice venue, and the guys there were all really cool players. I'll probably consider making the drive up there for casual weekend gaming more often, just because of that. I didn't see any haxx0r powergaming lists either... something to look forward to in the semis I guess, assuming we ever learn where those are.

melloracer
05-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Hey Melloracer, I remember you! My friend who played the ringer at the tournament just pointed your post out to me!

I'm that Imperial Guard player from Round Two. =) It was a real bloodbath our game, haha. Many explosions and bodies.

Lets see...obviously I have the same final score to report as melloracer, but I had some different opponents.

1. Played a guy named Zach who ran a pretty solid Tyranid list. Two Hive Tyrants squads with Tyrant Guard, many outflanking Genestealers, and some giant brains, along with a medly of holding troops. He managed to sneak up the side and absolutely shred my planes, but I pulled off some objective grabbing and troop killing last turn that resulted in a (Major Victory) on my part. He was an excellent opponent and very fun to play =D

2. Played against Melloracer, who ran a good, scary Blood Angels list. I had never played them before, but it seemed like they have a few really interesting differences from normal chapters. He was fun to talk with, and it's always fun playing a veteran of the game. I'm glad his Angels got updated! We managed to beat each other about the place, leaving everything to a (Draw). I would like to mention he pulled off a devestating Blood Lance, too. Pretty much gobbled 400ish points of tank in one shot. =)

3. Played a guy named Daniel who had Chaos Daemons. He was a really good sportsman. I had never encountered Daemons before, but I had played them against friends proxy-style. I was terrified of the third scenario, having so much armor, but I managed to concentrate enough fire to keep myself relatively safe. I felt pretty bad--I caused Fateweaver to hop off the board early game, and it just seems there isn't a super-viable way that Daemons can survive Deep-Striking into that much firepower. The round ended in (Major Victory).

Overall, I had a good experience at the Preliminaries! My first time, and I have nothing bad to say about it all. Great sportsmanship, fun people, and very few regrets game wise. Dice favored me off an on through the day.

P.S: I managed to blow up my Chimeras twice over the course of the day. Stupid Demolisher scatter. xP

Cool to hear from ya again. Zach and Daniel are both from the gaming group I founded about 4 years ago WKWG, we really push good sportsmanship and being courteous to other players. Glad to hear they were good opponents. All I thought during our game is...please oh please just scatter...lol...which didn't happen too much :-p Maybe we'll get to play each other again sometime.

geminigrey
05-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Bud's Place in Birmingham, AL. We had 12 total players, and all in all the tournament ran pretty well.

1) Orks
2) Tyranids
3) Imperial Guard (thatsa me, Mario!)

Personally, I played against IG in Round 1 and tied, Space Marines in Round 2 and tied, then Eldar in Round 3 and got a Minor Victory. I was sweating bullets on Round 3 since I was toting 36 KPs, but when it came down to it I wound up killing 8 KPs and he only got 7 of mine.

This was my first 'Ard Boyz so I feel pretty good about how things went down. I didn't pull off tabling anybody or any massacres, but I held my own and didn't lose any games.

Xzarol
05-17-2010, 11:07 PM
You have an upstanding group of players with you, then! I was somewhat worried about bad sportsmanship coming into the tournament, but you guys were wonderful. Zach mentioned you guys have your own forum?

And yeah, I was really surprised by my spot-on shots that game. I think lady luck was somewhat apologizing for earlier in the day. When I played Zach, I literally missed 95% of my Multi-Laser shots, I had a heavy flamer whiff a complete round of shooting (7 targets, all 1s and 2s), and I think I got about 2 spot-on shots that game. It kept us laughing, though, so that's good xP.

Shavnir
05-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Lafayette, IN

1. Mech IG Leafblower variant
2. Vulkan
3. Space Marines

Game 1 vs Vulkan - good player, 4 land raiders and 3 pods, sternguard, hammernators... ...minor
Game 2 vs cato space marines. Land raiders, skimmers, razorbacks, dev squads... ...massacre
Game 3 vs orkz - 3 deffrolla wagons, multiple nob squads, kff mek, warboss, nob bikers... ...massacre(me)

:argh: Freakin GW scoring, dropping me from running for 1st to 5th in one game :p

Inigo Montoya
05-18-2010, 06:19 PM
It is sad that you could pulverize any list in the shop but mine and got 4th, I agree. Solid build, all i can say is if it were me I would have held everything in reserve on T1 so i didn't get all of that free shooting in.
btw you were 1st going into the 3rd round.

Shavnir
05-19-2010, 03:21 PM
It is sad that you could pulverize any list in the shop but mine and got 4th, I agree. Solid build, all i can say is if it were me I would have held everything in reserve on T1 so i didn't get all of that free shooting in.
btw you were 1st going into the 3rd round.

I ended 5th, not 4th. I considered the full reserve but with the master of the fleet you had I'd be stuck at getting maybe a third of my stuff in turn 2 instead of all of it. I was more worried about the "trickle in" effect over the alpha strike.

mynameisgrax
05-20-2010, 01:41 PM
At the Gamer's Realm in West Windsor, NJ these were the results:

1st Nids (balanced)

2nd Orks (lots of nobz)

3rd Nids (lots of genestealers)

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it this year. What's really interesting is that despite there being 14 players there, only one had a Marine list of some sort, and it was a Chaos Marine Nurgle list. No Space Wolves, Blood Angels, or any other variety of Space Marines. It was mostly Nids and Orks.