PDA

View Full Version : Lower Pound vs. Dollar = More Forge World

Brass Scorpion
05-15-2010, 09:43 PM
The pound closed at $1.45370 this past week (http://www.xe.com/). Last time the pound dropped to less than $1.50 it was a real Forge World purchase enabler for US hobbyists, so I thought I'd point it out to some fellow model collecting fanatics.

Current Forge World fixed US pricing is at around $1.60/pound so on large orders the lower rate can still yield significant savings, though not as much obviously as when US pricing was fixed at $2/pound more than a year ago. Also, remember that orders that break the £250 barrier get free express shipping and while most credit cards have a conversion surcharge of a few percent it's still usually smaller than state sales tax. If the exchange rate dips further I know I will be sorely tempted to buy something tall and mutated that I shouldn't be thinking about at all.

Have fun and if you buy something cool you can share the news with others here.

Melissia
05-15-2010, 10:19 PM
I sold my GW Exorcists, and am now waiting on a trio of FW ones to replace them. And I have thirty bucks profit from this arrangement, even though I sold them at a discount.

silashand
05-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I will hopefully be doing a FW order here shortly. Been wanting to pick up a couple more Repressors for my SoB army (proxy as Rhinos for the time being) and several more FW Wave Serpents (still hate that GW one). I may also get a couple Night Spinners and some BFG Demiurg, but it will depend how much money I have at the time.

RocketRollRebel
05-16-2010, 09:08 PM
I sold my GW Exorcists, and am now waiting on a trio of FW ones to replace them. And I have thirty bucks profit from this arrangement, even though I sold them at a discount.

dooood! The pipe organs are sooo much cooler then the lame-o whirlwind one!:p

Hellfire
05-16-2010, 11:22 PM
dooood! The pipe organs are sooo much cooler then the lame-o whirlwind one!:p

When I see those I just think carnivals and calliope music...

Paul
05-16-2010, 11:24 PM
When I see those I just think carnivals and calliope music...

I think of my tank shell taking out the platform, then I wonder why they're AV13