PDA

View Full Version : A, hopefully quick Anti-Tournament question

Chrome_Goblin
05-16-2010, 06:46 PM
My friends and I were thinking of building some apocalypse armies to play in the Vraks anti-tournament or BoLScon 2011. We figured we'd give ourselves more than a year to get our stuff together and get "in the zone if you will. We all live in the Austin area, too. So the prospect of a tourny being practically down the road is pretty intense.

I was considering either bringing a Plague Zombie heavy nurgle army, or a Khorne Berserkers force. But the idea of either of those armies being led by their respective Chaos Champion riding on the FW mammoth is pretty sweet... If I converted the howdah to be WYSIWYG, could i include the mammoth in my chaos force as a Squiggoth? This would be a pretty hefty purchase, and itd be really cool to bring it to next year's BoLScon.

Faultie
05-17-2010, 06:48 AM
My friends and I were thinking of building some apocalypse armies to play in the Vraks anti-tournament or BoLScon 2011. We figured we'd give ourselves more than a year to get our stuff together and get "in the zone if you will. We all live in the Austin area, too. So the prospect of a tourny being practically down the road is pretty intense.

I was considering either bringing a Plague Zombie heavy nurgle army, or a Khorne Berserkers force. But the idea of either of those armies being led by their respective Chaos Champion riding on the FW mammoth is pretty sweet... If I converted the howdah to be WYSIWYG, could i include the mammoth in my chaos force as a Squiggoth? This would be a pretty hefty purchase, and itd be really cool to bring it to next year's BoLScon.

As far as wysiwyg goes, a core tenet of 40k is 'counts-as'. I'm working at a similar 'counts-as' for BoLSCon this year. By the time it rolls around, I should be counts-as-ing a massive Knarloc in place of a Hierodule or Hierophant (I'll decide when I see the final model).

Plus, I think that this would look awesome. So awesome, in fact, that anybody who complained about it should be given a stern look...maybe even a grimace.

Chrome_Goblin
05-17-2010, 07:15 PM
As far as wysiwyg goes, a core tenet of 40k is 'counts-as'. I'm working at a similar 'counts-as' for BoLSCon this year. By the time it rolls around, I should be counts-as-ing a massive Knarloc in place of a Hierodule or Hierophant (I'll decide when I see the final model).

Plus, I think that this would look awesome. So awesome, in fact, that anybody who complained about it should be given a stern look...maybe even a grimace.

Awesome, im real glad someone other than me things counts-as is a good place to do awesome stuff. I had some really good ideas for the Mammoth, and if the general concensious is that it'd be cool if I used it, im definently going to buy the stuff i need to Nurgle and 40k it up, that dream is possible, thanks to Greece murdering the Euro for the time being.

The goal, if i were to do Nurgle, would be to have Epidemus (my friend plans on bringing nurgle too, so that'd be interesting) riding around on his palaquin with my Necrosius (the sorceror from Vraks 3 that makes Zombies better) counts-as or conversion in the counts-as Mammoth riding around. Then i'd probably gothis scale all the marines to make them larger than the zombies, and toss in some Blight Drones, a FW plague hulk, and some other demons. Maybe a plague tower or two.

I really wanted a visually imposing army, thatd I'd enjoy building and fielding, that would be a challenge to play for me and my opponent, but not frustrating (unless a possible hundred or so zombies is frustrating)

Faultie
05-17-2010, 07:33 PM
As mentioned, I think this is a great project, and is appropriately within the bounds of "counts as". If you want an official BoLSCon ruling, e-mail JWolf or Bigred and they can clear that up. However, I can't really see them saying "No, you cannot have a mammoth as a counts-as Great Gargant".

Jwolf
05-18-2010, 10:40 AM
I think the idea is awesome. I don't see why this would not be fantastic and acceptable.

Orminah
05-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Also, what's the stance on using non-GW product? For example, the "Alien Brain" from Trollforge?

Jwolf
05-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Make your army cool and non-GW product is fine. The Alien Brain looks pretty good to me.