PDA

View Full Version : Help me trim my DE for BoLScon

Dunadan
05-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Below is a 1500 pt list of Dark Eldar that, allied with my brothers 1500 pts of Eldar, tabled a CSM army by turn 4 today. There is a chance we might be able to go to BoLScon this year for the allied 2k tournament, so I need to figure out what to cut from my list. My bro's Eldar has Storm Guardians, Fire Dragons, Dire Avengers, Prince Yriel, and Eldrad, all in transports of some variety.

Dark Eldar Archon 133
-Agoniser†, Splinter Pistol, Combat Drugs, Plasma Grenades, Shadow Field
Dark Eldar Retinue(Drazhar, 2x Incubi, 6x Dark Eldar Warriors) 289
-Plasma Grenades, 2x Splinter Cannon
-Raider: Dark Lance, Trophy Rack

Wyches(10) 238
-Plasma Grenades, Blaster, Wych Weapons, Succubus w/ Agoniser
-Raider: Dark Lance, Trophy Rack

3x Warrior Squad(10) 310
-2x Shredder, 2x Splinter Cannon*
-2x Blaster*
-2x Dark Lance

2x Raider Squad(5) 230
-Blaster, Dark Lance**
-Raider: Dark Lance, Horrorfex†

2x Ravager 300
-3x Disintegrator, Screaming Jets (in case my foe has a lot of backfield fire support), Night Shields

*These guys actually start right next to the Raider squad's Raiders and embark as soon as possible. The Raider squads themselves start outside in a good sniping position.
†does BoLS consider Agonisers to be poison(4+) and Horrorfexes to be defensive weapons?

BuFFo
05-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Cut the Wyches out. You need more ranged death as DE.

OR

Cut that bloated Retinue out.

Get a 3rd Ravagerwith 3x Dissies for power armor. Maybe get one sniper squad for the remaining points to help pop tanks and transports.

Agonisers are Agonisers, and as such have their own rules.

Dunadan
05-17-2010, 11:07 AM
I am thinking of cutting out the warriors with Shredders, since my Ravagers seem to deal with most infantry, and my ally has tons of anti-infantry in his list. I can probably drop the Incubi from my retinue, since my Archon and Drazhar take care of most stuff before they get to strike. I want to keep the Wyches, since it's nice to be able to tie up a Defiler and Noise Marines for 3-4 turns (though at 1000pts perhaps I only need one assaulty squad).