priest w jump pack, power weapon, plasma pistol 105
priests w jump pack, power fist, infernus pistol 115

troops 1210
sang guard w/5 plasma, fist 260
sang guard w/banner, fist 240
sang guard w/ 5 infernus, fist 260
sang guard w/ death mask fist 235
sang guard w/ death masks fist 235

so the priests each attach to a unit of guard and dante attaches to the melta unit
the whole army reserves and deep strikes

is this workable?

also i love the libby dred and with wings i could jump t with the army
i thought the big block of s10 death would make a great fire magnet could i fit one in?

Duke
05-17-2010, 08:26 AM
interesting list.

1. If the SAng guard already have a fist then only give the Sang priest a P wep.
2. There should be a Melta pistol in every squad... I like those better than a plasma pistol anyhow... It isn't like your lacking weapons to kill MEQ (marine equiv)
3. Dante should attatch to the 5x melta squad... It is very important they don't scatter out of their 3" melta range... Plus that many meltas is an almost guaranteed kill on a very important target.
4. Just give the Priest a P wep and a jump pack.. He doesn't need much more. Even the P wep is arguable.
5. Death Masks haven't worked that well in my esperience...
6. Put the banner in the Squad Dante is attatched to... +1 attack for Dante is always great!

Those are my initial thoughts, Good luck!

Duke

whitestar333
05-17-2010, 09:09 AM
You should definitely be concerned with any weaponry that would deny your save/FNP. Don't get me wrong - it would be a beautiful army to see hit the board and really awesome, but I would try to find some way of adding some saves in there somehow. I'm not an expert on the Blood Angels, but can't you take a librarian power which gives an invul save? If so, I might swap out a priest for a librarian with that power instead. Don't the priests have a 6" aura anyway? If so, I don't think you need quite as many. Perhaps you could one or two with more Sanguinary guard, just to boost your numbers? Also, it might be worth spreading around the infernus and plasmas to multiple squads to cover yourself better in case the squad you need to show up does not.

Otherwise it seems really awesome! It has me thinking about starting up a Blood Angels army with that theme! I think it sounds more fun than the 11 dreadnaught or tons of death company armies.

synack
05-17-2010, 09:37 AM
I'm not an expert on the Blood Angels, but can't you take a librarian power which gives an invul save?

Yeah, the lib can give a 5+ cover to all units within 6". So long as you keep all your guys together, should be easy to get that bonus. It's also used in your opponents shooting phase, which means you can then still use powers in your turn.

That being said, it's a phsycic power, which means its not guarenteed. Hoods, Eldar, Wolves and Nids will make your life hell. Not that you need the save vs Nids tho.

I would def give everyone inferno pistols. Dante squad dropping right next to a LR will make some ppl a very sad pandas. If you can drop the other squads close by, then can shoot lots of S8 ap1 at what every pops out too.

Might even use Dante's squad as a suicide squad, deep strike only them. Rest of the army moves on board with the libby cover save. If timed right, the turn Dante comes down and melta's a Landraider, your other squads should be able to get in charge range of what ever spills out.

Could be fun to play though.

darthrex354
05-17-2010, 10:16 AM
i thought about adding a libby, but all 30 :)of my men being within 6" seems like a recipie for hot steel deth pie :(

edit now this is my list

HQ 350
Dante 225
librarian w/ jump pack, shield, lance 125

elites 465
4 x priests w/ jump pack, power weapon 90x4=360
priest w/ jump pack, power weapon, infernus pistol 105

troops 1140
sang guard w/ fist 210
sang guard w/ 2 fist 220
sang guard w/ 5 infernus, banner 280 dante attaches here
sang guard w/ 2 fist 220
sang guard w/ fist 210

the distribution o fists in every squad means that even if something goes horribly wrong for dante's squad, every squad can pop armor and monstrous creatures

Duke
05-17-2010, 11:47 PM
If you only pit one fist in each squad that should free enough points to put infernus pistols in the squads. Other than that the lis is looking nice!

darthrex354
05-18-2010, 07:04 AM
HQ 350
Dante 225
librarian w/ jump pack, shield, lance 125

elites 465
4 x priests w/ jump pack, power weapon 90x 4=360
priest w/ jump pack, power weapon, infernus 105

troops 1160
sang guard w/ infernus, fist 220
sang guard w/infernus, fist 220
sang guard w/5 infernus, banner 280 dante attaches here
sang guard w/ infernus, fist 220
sang guard w/infernus, fist 220

7 melta shots is overkill, but as the old saying goes, there's no kill like overkill and 7 melta hits should kill anything, unless the dice gods dislike my cheesy pointsink of doom

all hail the dice gods
i shall sacrifice a vukan model to abate their wrath

Duke
05-18-2010, 10:50 AM
I like this list... Which squad won't have a priest? I would attatch one to Dante for sure, maybe. I would think that your objective grabbing unit would be fine without a priest.