PDA

View Full Version : Another go at CMS 1500pts

Sooller
05-17-2010, 11:43 AM
After a few games at my local gaming club, I have been tweaking my army list and this is the result. keep in mind that I limited myself to Khorne/Nurgle and that I have an aggressive playstyle.

HQ

Daemon Prince (MoK, Wings) - 140p
Daemon Prince (MoN, Wings, Warptime) 175p

ELITES

5x Chosen (1x Champ, Icon of Chaos, 1x PF, 2x Melta) - 155p

TROOPS
5x Plague Marines (2x Melta + Rhino) - 170p
5x Plague Marines (2x Melta + Rhino) - 170p
8x Khorne Berserkers (1x Champ, 1x PF + Rhino) 243p

FAST ATTACK

3x Bikers (1x Champ, Icon of Chaos, 1x PF, 2x Melta) - 169p

HEAVY SUPPORT

2x Obliterators - 150p
Chaos Defiler - 150p

SUMMONED DAEMONS

10x Lesser Daemons - 130p

Total points 1502p

The overall tactics are to distract the opponent with the squad of Chosen that will infiltrate, and a squad of bikers that will rush with turbo-boost into the enemy line. Both units have 2x meltaguns and a Powerfist, so they should be able to create some havoc. In addition both units have an icon for the summoned lesser daemons (and deepstrikers)

This should create an opportunity for my rhinos and daemon princes to move up field, with the defiler and oblits providing some additional fire power.

If any experienced player has any suggestions to improve this list please let me know, I appreciate all feedback.

Sooller
05-18-2010, 08:54 AM
After some consideration and a good tip from a friend, I will probably upgrade each plague marine squad with a champion with a melta bomb and remove 3 Lesser Daemons to compensate for the points.

This will give my plague marines at least a chance against a walker or dreadnought in close combat.