PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Demonhunters needs help.

DataThrust
05-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Looking for ways to improve my 2000 point list to make it more viable (though perhaps not particularly great, DH codex and all that) for tournament play.

List resembles (doing this from memory):
7 Power Armor Grey Knights
1 Justicar
2 Psycannons

8 PAGKs
1 Justicar
2 Incincerators

5 Storms
2 Melta

5 Storms
2 Plasma

2x Cimaera
Multilaser/HeavyFlamer/Smoke/Armor

2x Dread
Las/Rocket

Brother Captain Stern
4 Termie Retinue 1w/Psycannon

GK Grandmaster w/Psycannon and hammerhand

Inquisitor with Tarot
2 Mystics

Rhino
Smoke/Armor

Callidus assasin

Frags on Justicars, Targetters on squad leaders and Psycic hood on the Hero.

Right so, firstly wanting to drop terminators because thats quite a few points that will be freed up, not sure what to put in their place. Considered more guardsmen, but then thats 2kp each in a reasonably squishy AV12 box. Considered taking an Inquisitor with 3 multi-melta servitors, 2 sages and 2 mystics, because 3 multimeltas with a reroll to hit per turn seemed pretty good, but thats also pretty expensive. Considered throing 250 points of land raider at my terminators to give them the required mobilitiy, but then thats just making the list even more death star dependant, which isnt really a direction I wanted to take.

Mobility also seems like a bit of an issue, but not seeing any real way to solve that beyond taking 4 lots of Stormtroopers with telehomers, and all my GKs as fast (since they dont get rhinos and stuff). But once again, thats a ton of killpoints.

Sufficient anti-tank is also a bit of a concern, since meltas need to drive within 12-6 and put their chimaera in melta range, and then die to the +2 vehicle damage chart (open topped dodgyness). Thus yielding 2 kps (since how long are 5 4+ guardsmen really going to last?).

Not opposed to allying in Guard or Sisters, or even using a marine/guard list as a core and allying in my Grey Knights.