HQ
Jump pack chaplain
Elite
Venerable dreadnaught
Troop
Tactical squad- x10
Fast attack
Assault squad- x10

This was my first game ever so we put together a 750 point list. We used a large table at home and setup some terrain and what not on it, and then we rolled to see who went first. He rolled a 5, I rolled a 6.
We decided to just play Annihilation .
So I setup everything in my corner, and he setup everything in his corner. I brought in everything but my war walker.
So I wasn’t/am not the most familiar still with everything so there was conversation about the rules, and we had our codexes, and the rulebook handy to clarify any confusion.
Turn 1-
I moved a lot of my guys forward in the movement phase (pretty much everyone on the board except my rangers who I have in cover. Shooting phase I shoot my scatter laser from my guardians and it killed one assault marine. I shot my bright lance and eml at the Venerable but no effect. I had one of my snipers in range of one of his assault marines also but no good.
Okay so his turn, he brings out his rhino from behind cover, and drives it as close to my line as he can, and then brings in his assault marines, and the venerable. His tactical squad gets out of the rhino. Shooting phase for him was he killed one guardian with his venerable, I saved the other wounds, and he completely decimates my harlequins (I was pissed I wanted to demolish his assault squad with them), and that was the end of turn 1
Turn 2-
I roll my reserve to bring in my war walker, and I rolled a 4, then I rolled to see which side it would come in on, and I rolled a 2, so he came in by me. So that moved up, my avatar moved up closer to his tactical squad, and my guardians, and wraithlord moved closer to his venerable and assault squad. Shooting phase I killed 3 of his tactical squad members. I shot all my guardian’s shuriken catapults and the scatter laser, and my warlock threw his singing spear at his assault marines, killed 2 or 3. Fired again at his Ven Dread with my Wraithlord, and again nothing; my avatar fired his wailing doom at the tactical squad doing nothing. Assault phase, so my Avatar joined combat with his tactical squad, hitting all 5 attacks, and wounding on all 5 hits, taking out 5 more guys.
His turn, he moved his Ven Dread closer to my Guardians, and brought his assault marines by my Wraithlord. Ven Dread shot his hurricane bolter at my guardians, and I believe he only killed one. He realized his assault marines couldn’t do anything against my Wraithlord and he was unsure as to what he should do. So he did nothing with them. His dread assaulted my Guardians, and I believe killed 2, while my squad didn’t do much. My Guardians were within 12” of my Avatar so they were fearless. His 3 remaining tactical marines are still locked in combat with my Avatar did nothing to him, and the Avatar did nothing in return.
Turn 3-
My war walker moved closer to his rhino and shot at it with its scatter laser only destroying the storm bolter on top. My wraithlord flamed 2 guys from his assault squad, and then killed 1 more with it’s brightlance before engaging them in close combat, killing 1 or 2 more. He only had his sergeant and chaplain still alive from his assault squad. My avatar demolished the rest of his tactical swuad and consolidated towards his dread.
His turn, the Dread killed 1 more guardian, and his assault guys stayed locked with the wraithlord, again neither side taking a casualty.
Turn 4-
My War Walker gets behind his Rhino and I penetrated it’s armor and rolled a 6 to destroy it. My Wraitlord still is deadlocked with the assault squad, and my Avatar join the fray with the Guardians against the Ven Dread and promptly destroyed one of its weapons, and immobilized it.

At this point there isn’t a whole lot left that he can do so he throws in the towel.

I don’t know if it was the most perfect game ever played, and neither of us are experts on the game, but I thought it was a good first game for me, and besides losing the Harlequins the way I did I felt I did a good job.