PDA

View Full Version : 2K Tourny Templar

Foosh
05-18-2010, 01:38 AM
Still working and retooling this list but this is what I have come up with and been the happiest with so far.

HQ:
[140] Emperors Champion - Accept any challenge
[146] Reclusiarch - Terminator honors, teleport homer, SM bike, CCW

Elites:
[561] (6) Sword Bretheren Assault Termies - furious charge, 5x lightning claws, 1 TH,SS
Land Raider Crusader - smoke, blessed hull, storm bolter
[561] (6) Sword Bretheren Assault Termies - furious charge, 5x lightning claws, 1 TH,SS
Land Raider Crusader - smoke, blessed hull, storm bolter

Troops:
[135] (5) Crusader Squad - melta, PF, drop pod
[135] (5) Crusader Squad - melta, PF, drop pod

Fast:
[191] Bike Squad - attack bike w/ multimelta, melta, 2x power weapons

Heavy:
[125] Vindicator - smoke

Total: 1997

Thoughts or suggestions?

Dbrinson
05-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Well one thing i see is you have to much killy in the LR if you are insistent on running both with terms squad you should try running some TH SS. not as good as marine but anti vehicle is good and still pack a punch at everything else. i prefer to run more troops unless this tourney is pure anihilation. i guess you have had better luck with bike squads. the normally look good on paper for templars but lack a lot of what you need. a squad in a rhino is sometimes better. also marshals or chaplains due to the fact of army wide preferred enemy. dreadnoughts with furious charge in a drop is nasty. just a few of my personal opinions which are battle tested.

MarshalAdamar
05-19-2010, 01:39 PM
I play Templars and for the Money, take a Master of Sanctity and drop the Terminator honors and get the extra wound. That would be a T5 3W model. I'll through on some artificer armor if you can scrounge the points and he is nigh invincible. Unless he takes a laz cannon in the face that is.

;)

Foosh
05-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Changed the list up a bit.

Dropped the second Terminator squad and the crusader as well as the vindicator.
Added, a second chaplain on a bike with the same stat line and gave both chaplains artificer armour. Dropped the tele homers too, no need for them anymore. Added a second bike squad the same as the first and added another bike to the list.

With the two chaplains on a bikes each in a 4 man squad plus attack bikes I have two chances to pop open nice vehicles and then with 6 power weapon attacks on the charge per chaplain things get a little gross. If I had more points I think I would give both chaplains sets of lightning claws but it is too late now. Reroll hit and reroll wound 6 attacks on the charge then T5 against me. Oh well.

As to luck with the bikes, with 5th ed. having more emphasis on mobility with bikes you can do what you want when you want where you want. 24'' move with a 3+ invul becomes pretty damn handy!

Nikephoros
05-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Drop the bike squad, add 3x Attack Bikes with Multi-melta. Drop the Vindicator for 2 Speeders with HF and MM. Remember, they can use the teleport homer to deep strike in perfectly placed melta or heavy flamer.

Your whole army should be moving forward since you have absolutely no long range fire power. A lone Vindicator is too slow to keep up with the rest of your army and doesn't make much sense as a fire magnet. Remember that if your whole army is advancing, a bad scatter could be deadly, and additionally two land raiders advancing in front of a Vindi create line of sight issues.