PDA

View Full Version : 40k fluff: What did the primarchs get?

Rafe_131
05-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Ok, so to expand on the title a bit, we all accept that in 40k fluff, each primarch was created with a certain facet of war instilled in them. My question is who got what? I understand Guilliman recieved tactical acumen. Angron recieved brutality *I think*. Russ's "skill" was fierce determination. *Once again, I think.* So, what do you guys think. I'm open to opinion.

gwensdad
05-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Magnus-mystical abilities
Horus-leadership
Fulgrim-Artistry
Dorn-Engineering

Baron Spikey
05-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Horus- Ambition
Alpharius- Adaptability
Perturabo- Analytical

(sorry about all the A's :rolleyes:)

Freefall945
05-18-2010, 05:04 PM
I had always figured the Primarchs were rather designed with a particular theme in mind, rather than an easilly defined, In-Universe aspect of war. Iron Warriors and Imperial fists will run into each others themes a little there, you'll see, as will perhaps Blood Angels and Emperor's children.

Old_Paladin
05-19-2010, 05:56 AM
As I understand it, all the Primarchs simply examplified the societies that they grew up in.

Leman Russ was a 'savage' because he grew up in a barbarian society.
Angron was a rage fuelled killing machine because he grew up as a slave and pit fighter.
Mortarion became stoic and immune to toxins because he was raised by a xenos warlord on a poisoned planet.

The odds that nearly every primarch was pre-coded with an attidute or mental ability, and of all the worlds they randomly landed on, they happened to get found on ones that also extorted those virtues; seems next to impossible.

It makes a lot more sense that they were just like normal (if superpowered) children, and where shaped by the culture around them.

Kirsten
05-31-2010, 07:14 AM
what did the primarchs get?

syphilis.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I think as others have said it was more about nurture than nature.

Legoklods
05-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Khan got the hit n run idear.
Mortarion got survivability.
Dorn - turtling...
Horus got ambition.
Sanguinius - nobility
Leman Russ - selfconfidence/rediculesly huge ego.
Perturabo was the gun nut.
Night Hunter - batman.
Corax - sneakyness.
Angron is bloody-minded.
Magnus - can use hax/cheats/magic etc...
Lion'el - tactical genius (much like creed, only primarch)
Fulgrim - strive for perfection.
Guiliman - organisation.
Ferrus - technological advancement.

vulkan im nor shure about...

Alphrius... that there is two of them...?