PDA

View Full Version : Layed off GW manager looking for work

Santiaghoul
05-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Howdy. April 3rd I was layed off by my employer, Games Workshop. Yes, I was one of the folks let go when the stores went down to only one staffer. If you know of any job openings in the Houston area, please inform me. Thanks.

David Kullerd

979-709-9773 (cell)
979-549-0071 (home)
909 Wimberly
Angleton, TX 77515

I have 20+ years of retail sales experience and 15+ years of that are in management. I am operationally focused and can drive sales and keep the myriad tasks of running a retail store running smoothly.

I have a firm grasp of operational tasks within a retail environment. I can schedule staff to both accomplish tasks and provide coverage of the sales floor. I can plan and execute projects such as re-merchandising areas, freight flow and re-models. I can recruit, train, motivate and coach staff. When necessary I can take disciplinary steps to ensure that my staff is not simply competent but is truly great staff.

I take great pride in that I always succeed in increasing sales. I do this by keeping track of key performance indicators. By monitoring things like average transaction, number of sales, revenue-generating programs; I stay aware of how my store is performing. By being aware of how my store is performing, I can take steps where necessary to continue to drive growth.

Experience

Nov. 2008- April 2010 Games Workshop Store 1199 – Houston, TX
Hobby Center Manager
 Set up and opened Store 1199; including merchandising, operational procedures and all other aspects related to opening the store for business.
 Created growth in sales by improving average transaction value, number of transactions, and increasing the customer base.
 Set work assignments and prioritized projects.
 Participated in the selection process of new staff; including interviewing, observation of leadership traits, energy, and enthusiasm.
 Trained staff in sales techniques, operational areas and other duties relating to working in a hobby center.

1998-2008 Linens ‘N Things Store 1238 – Webster, TX
Assistant Store Manager
 Supervise operational issues.
 Consistently score highly on operational audits.
 Select, hire and train superior quality associates.
 Set up operational procedures at new Store 1238.
 Supervised orderly closing of Store 376.
 As Merchandise Manager - sequentially supervised softlines, hardlines, and bath quadrants.
 As Merchandise Manager - improved sales in each supervised quadrant.

1997-1998 Kmart Corporation Tulsa, OK
Assistant Store Manager
 Supervised all operational aspects of $13.5 million store.
 Assisted in remodel/conversion of 2 Kmart stores to Big Kmart format.
 Directed 18 associates in hard lines area.

1996-1997 Venture Stores Houston, TX
Receiving Manager
 Directed freight flow and stocking of $12.5 million store.
 Supervised 15 member stocking/receiving team.
 Assisted in smooth shut-down of store operations when store closed for business.

1988-1996 Target Stores, Inc. Houston, TX
Department Lead
 Supervised 12 associates in hard lines area of $34.5 million store.
 Consistently grew sales in assigned areas.

Education 1983-1986 Alvin Community College Houston, TX
 Associates in Computer Science.
 120 semester credits in Computer Science at the University of Houston – Clear Lake.
Interests History, science, writing, painting, computers, motorcycles.