Ordnance Battery
-- Basilisk
Ordnance Battery
-- Basilisk
Ordnance Battery
-- Basilisk

Dbrinson
05-19-2010, 01:45 PM
like the list not many guard players want to play gun line any more. First thing is work out some commisars with PW for your squads i am guessing you are gonna combine some if not omg the KPs. so if using combined squad take some commisars. also Autocannons instead of Rockets and HB's firm believer and maybe drop one of the sentinels and buy a squad of lascannons a couple of orders very deadly with las of autocannons. also couple melta thrown around is a very useful to pop tanks or avoid getting tank shocked.

Lord Azaghul
05-19-2010, 01:57 PM
I think AC wound be better then HB. Same price more punch and just a few more direct shots against medium armour. Which is a shame 'cause I really love the look of the heavy bolter.

Commisars: nay, blobbing is not the way to go! They are far more effective like you have them built.

Looks good.

If you can free up 50 points another CCS just to give orders can come in handy.

Tynskel
05-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Missile Teams! w00t!

I love the look of those guys!

Javin
05-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Melissa,

I would echo me fellows in stating autocannons are an excellent sidegrade for the heavy bolters. The AC's are much better at cracking rhinos and can pen Chims and glance vindis. You have a huge amount of template weapons. I personally like them but what happens if say a deep striking trygon, monolith, or Landraider shows up very close to you (or in the middle of your formation? That is a lot of scattering.

You have one squad that looks like it is an assault squad and one that is long ranged. The assault squad could use a commisar if you want to blob. If you do not want to blob, and will be using that plt as speed bumps, leaving out the commisar makes sense.

Something that can deal with deep striking nasties like a plt plasma or melta team may be useful against all the nasty Nid MCs, Marine drop pods, IG Valks or vendettas, Eldar wraith lords, etc.

Your officer of the fleet is decent against outflankers but armies with multipule ways of getting to you will be challenging. Wolves, Orks, eldar, even IG can have large numbers of dangerous outflanking forces.

Force21
05-20-2010, 03:06 PM
I think AC wound be better then HB. Same price more punch and just a few more direct shots against medium armour. Which is a shame 'cause I really love the look of the heavy bolter.

thats true....

I love my heavy bolters...but Autocannons are so much better...

Commisars: nay, blobbing is not the way to go!

What?!?!:confused:

my Guardsmen cry...

blobs are insanely funny & can be great to tie up enemy squads...& if you give the Sgts. power weapons...:D

Oh btw I like all that Plasma :D

& maybe get more in the way of orders... I never rely on them but they can be awesome on heavy weapons...