PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to BOLs!

Subject Keyword
05-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Hey beautiful people.
I'm going away to join the Peace Corps.
I'll be in an extremely rural part of Kenya, so I wont have running water, much less a computer with internet.
All my figures are now packed sadly away in boxes (I'm bringing my lucky Necron Wraith, though) and I shan't play Warhammer for a long time. Thanks for putting up with me.
So... Yeah. Not that anyone cares, but...

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Break down! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DO6Y9_5e7A

P.S.
Asymmetrical Xeno, you rock my socks off.
If I weren't so freakin' gay...

gwensdad
05-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Good luck and keep safe. I'm sure the same topics will be going when you get back. :)

Lord Azaghul
05-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Have fun and good luck!

And in the words of 'Deep Thought' : 42.

Gnoblar with Pointy Stick
05-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Dooooooon't goooooooooooo!!!!
I will miss you so much!
Wait, what am I saying? I'll be at your going away party this Saturday!
I'll blubber all over you this weekend. Leaving your best friend behind. Not very nice.
But at least you'll learn to run as fast as Kenyans!:D

Asymmetrical Xeno
05-19-2010, 03:22 PM
That sucks, I hope you'll come back :) its been nice to get to know you a little - and I tend to be the sort of person who rarely finds others I click with either. Hope you have fun out there and keep safe though !

BuFFo
05-19-2010, 10:15 PM
As a person who has lived in a foreign country in a similar fashion as you are about to be living, I can say, good luck, and have fun, you sexy thang you.

- waves -

Bigred
05-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Catch you on the other side Subject Keyword,

Stay safe, and we'll leave the lights on for ya.

Subject Keyword
05-20-2010, 12:22 PM
I can say, good luck, and have fun, you sexy thang you.

- waves -

*Waves Back* Right back at you BuFFo, you crazy b*stard! :D

Packing up the computer now...
Oh ****! What if they update Necrons while I'm in Africa!

Ha! Just kidding! It'll never happen.

Ciao!

Faultie
05-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Good luck!

BuFFo
05-20-2010, 01:54 PM
*Waves Back* Right back at you BuFFo, you crazy b*stard! :D

Packing up the computer now...
Oh ****! What if they update Necrons while I'm in Africa!

Ha! Just kidding! It'll never happen.

Ciao!

Hey, here is an idea.

What if you wanted to recieve mail from fellow BoLs enthusiasts?

When I was stationed in Iraq, sure we had email and phones, but nothing made me feel warmer and loved more than physical paper mail from people.

If you are open to pen pals while you are away doing your thing for however long you'll be doing it, then send me a PM to get this 'BoL' rolling (lol, see what I did there?), and when you get a mailing address, I can send you crap for you to read and kill 5 minutes.

Heck, you will probably get mail from a bunch of people form BoLs, and that'll probably make your stay away form home a little easier to deal with.

What ya think about that? Is that something you would like, or do not really care for such things?

- edit -

Just so you know, I will most likely troll and flame bait you in my regular mail, since there are no Mods to read them. Just a warning. Sorry Jwolf and Bigred, you can't get into my mail.

Commissar Lewis
05-22-2010, 01:02 AM
Admirable thing you are doing, Odin knows I ain't that noble. Gonna be joining the Navy myself. But I digress.

Good luck to you, I wish ya the best. Fight well (metaphorical speaking) and may Allfather Odin grant you victory in all your endeavors!

person person
05-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Good luck in Kenya! Stay safe too!

One more thing...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aTlFJsCJcDU/SFlV_XplX0I/AAAAAAAAAx8/X6wcPn_A7fc/s400/lolcat.jpg