PDA

View Full Version : Rules Suggestion? Fighters v Torpedos

hellbringer
05-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Even though I've had a fleet for seven years, I've only ever played four games due to lack of players to play. If I'm getting this rule wrong to start out with please stop me.

It seems to me a little unreasonable one squadron of fighters can wipe out an entire salvo of torpedos. I was looking for other peoples thoughts on it. We use the house rule that one fighter squadron can wipe out three torpedos.

Freefall945
05-20-2010, 11:43 PM
It was initially shocking to me too, but I came to see it as rational enough. It means that if a player takes the precaution of putting fighters on close defense, or having them ready to whip out and intercept Torpedoes, they are rewarded thusly. You can do the same, of course - your fighters will blot out your enemy fighters in the same way, allowing that torpedo salvo to sail through.

Still a new player myself, but I've found no dramas in that rule. Has your house rule provided the desired results?

fracas
05-21-2010, 07:22 AM
i think it is reasonable for a fighter to take out a torp wave. in my mind, the torps are fast moving ducks but once you match speed, they should be easy kill all.

but i would have no problem with your house rule.