PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Pts - Warriors of Chaos

Snarf
08-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi Everyone. I'm still starting with Chaos. I've painted up the following army. My club like to play the "all comers" games... so it has to be ready for almost anything. Please have a look and make sugestions of what works and what does not.

Warriors of Chaos - 2250

1 Chaos Lord of Nurgle @ 308 Pts
General; Mark of Nurgle; Hand Weapon; Halberd
1 Armor of Damnation @ [45] Pts
1 Favour of the Gods @ [5] Pts
1 Bloodcurdling Roar @ [20] Pts
17 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle @ 383 Pts
Mark of Nurgle; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield
1 Champion of Nurgle @ [28] Pts
Mark of Nurgle; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield
1 Banner of Rage @ [35] Pts

1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch @ 130 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor
1 Dispel Scroll @ [25] Pts
1 1. Fireball @ [0] Pts
18 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh @ 389 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield
1 Champion of Slaanesh @ [28] Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield
1 Banner of Wrath @ [45] Pts

5 Marauder Horsemen of Nurgle @ 121 Pts
Mark of Nurgle; Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Spear; Throwing Axe; Shield; Fast Cavalry
5 Warhorse @ [0] Pts

10 Chosen of Khorne @ 269 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Frenzy
1 Champion of Khorne @ [39] Pts
Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Frenzy

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

3 Ogres of Nurgle @ 250 Pts
Mark of Nurgle; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Chaos Armor; Causes Fear
1 Mutant Ogre of Nurgle @ [70] Pts
Mark of Nurgle; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Chaos Armor

3 Trolls @ 135 Pts
Causes Fear; Regenerate; Stupid

1 Chaos Chariot of Slaanesh @ 130 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Chariot; Scythed Wheels
2 Crew @ [0] Pts
Halberd
2 Chaos Steed @ [0] Pts

1 Chaos Spawn of Slaanesh @ 75 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Causes Fear; Unbreakable

Total Roster Cost: 2250

L192837465
08-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Drop the spawn, they are awful. Other than that, not bad. Maybe consider taking a Warshrine instead of a chariot?

Randroid
08-13-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't really see a unified theme or tactics for this list. Looks a bit like a "kitchen sink" of cool stuff thrown together in a list.

L192837465
08-13-2009, 11:58 AM
I don't really see a unified theme or tactics for this list. Looks a bit like a "kitchen sink" of cool stuff thrown together in a list.

It's a pretty brutal frenzied foottroop army. once you get across, you'll do a LOT of damage.

Snarf
08-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I have to say i NEED more bodies on the table. Empire almost shot me off the table. I LOVE the Spawn. He is a tar pit of note. Both times i used him he was great. The general now has a 5 + ward save. There are to many magic weapons out there....

2250 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster - 2

1 Chaos Lord of Tzeentch @ 288 pts (General; Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Halberd)
1 Armor of Damnation
1 Talisman of Protection
17 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle @ 383 pts (Mark of Nurgle; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
1 Champion of Nurgle (Mark of Nurgle; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
1 Banner of Rage (Frenzy)

1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch @ 130 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)
1 Dispel Scroll
1 1. Fireball
17 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh @ 373 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
1 Champion of Slaanesh (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
1 Banner of Wrath

10 Chaos Marauders @ 60 pts (Hand Weapon; Flail; Light Armour)

10 Chaos Marauders @ 60 pts (Hand Weapon; Flail; Light Armour)

10 Chosen of Khorne @ 280 pts (Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Frenzy)
1 Champion of Khorne (Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Frenzy)

3 Ogres of Nurgle @ 190 pts (Mark of Nurgle; Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Chaos Armor; Causes Fear)

1 Chaos Chariot @ 120 pts (Chariot; Scythed Wheels)
2 Crew (Halberd)
2 Chaos Steed

5 Chaos Knights of Tzeentch @ 290 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Causes Fear)
1 Blasted Standard
5 Chaos Steed

1 Chaos Spawn of Slaanesh @ 75 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Causes Fear; Unbreakable)

Total Roster Cost: 2249

As per normal all coments are welcome.

Randroid
08-25-2009, 03:40 PM
I would find points for MoS on the small Marauder units and probably the Chariot too.

rabscutle
08-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Couple of notes...

Why even give the Marauders Light armour as an upgrade? Anything that will hit them will almost surely deny their save. For that 10 points, the mark of Slaanesh will go way farther. Immune to Fear, Terror and Panic can't be understated. (think flanking that brick of zombies... not having to worry about testing for fear is so nice)

The spawn is cheap, and can be a tar pit, but his randomness can make him unreliable. Fun tho, and insanely fun to model.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Mark of Tzeench on a Lord. Crown of Everlasting Conquest grants regen and might be a better idea. I would make a Khorne Lord and put him with your Chosen.

Nurgle, while appealing on your units, is expensive. Slaanesh will come in far more handy, since your high armour save will go pretty far in negating shots against the unit, and your weapon skill is high enough to make the unit hard to hit.

I'm also a big fan of a Warshine and a Hellcannon, but they aren't cheap points wise.

Snarf
08-26-2009, 03:29 PM
"Why even give the Marauders Light armour as an upgrade? Anything that will hit them will almost surely deny their save. For that 10 points, the mark of Slaanesh will go way farther. Immune to Fear, Terror and Panic can't be understated. (think flanking that brick of zombies... not having to worry about testing for fear is so nice)"

I like the way you think. I will do the changers.

As for the Hellcannon, have you seen the price for the model? It also looks like a fun unit.

Crown of Everlasting Conquest grants regen yes. but i fight agaist a lot of folks who have flaming attacks... we have a woodelf player in our group. who Loves his treeMan. So i prefer a garenteed ward save.

You have to understand our club generaly plays with all comers lists. We find it helps to get trained for comptitions..

VinceBlack
08-27-2009, 11:17 AM
This list looks light on the ability to win combats. Thats not to say that a few of those units can't do alot of damage but you can kill a considerable amount and still lose your combat resolution.

1. The 10 man maurader squads seem like a waste whatever you are looking to accomplish with them can be done with hounds for cheaper and they are much quicker. Im failing to see what your plan is with them? Either boost their number or drop them altogether.

2. I don't see any maurader horsemen or hounds in your revised list. You will need some because besides the chariot and your knights your list is rather slow. Faster armies will be running circles around you with nothing to protect your flanks. Since your playing WoC you don't have any ranged either so thats doubly bad. I would definately suggest at least 2 small squads of horsemen to do a myriad of tasks for you.

3. Are your Lord and Sorcerer mounted? It appears that they are not but your squad size indicates that they are. I would never have them on foot. The +2 armor save for 16pts is a must.

4. No Battle Standard Bearer seems shortsighted, too many times that +1 resolution and reroll withing 12" has made the difference between a a bad break test roll and a massacure.

Basically you look like you are running a very strong (Hitty) list but you don't have combat resolution in mind. The Khorne troops seem like overkill, 2 warrior squads with thoes special characters will put down alot or hurt and a good opponent will mess up your plans by forcing a bad charge since they are frenzied. The list definately packs a punch but imo it is too slow and the probelm of outnumbering and having your flanks hit is too great.

Don't mean to seem harsh but my roomie plays WoC and always gets drawn to the might of the army. He builds overpowered lists and ends up loosing to my O&G army almost every time becuase he underestimates the power of combat resoluions and how slow he is.

Snarf
09-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the coments.

I use the 10 man maurader squads on the sides of my main squads... much like the Empire use there Detachment units. I gave them Flails as that makes them hit very hard. The reason i took them and not the dogs was well it makes sence to put down 10 models insead of 5 models. The dogs have never worked for me.

I will have to play arrond and see if i can get some more Horse units in.... Might have to drop the Chosen.

Duke
09-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Youve actually given me some ideas... Thanks. I also like the changes made so far.